“Good Central Location & Very Comfortable Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

You added Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 30%
Ranked #9 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 2,008 Reviews
Massachusetts
“Good Central Location & Very Comfortable Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've stayed at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit at various times throughout the last few years. My last visit was in June of 2012, so this is slightly dated. I still wanted to give it a review as I anticipate I'll be back there in a few months.

The staff has always been exceptional during all of my stays. Last time, I needed to work through an airline issue, and the concierge went above and beyond to try to make the air travel adjustments. The issue was gettting in touch with someone from the airline on a Sunday. He did everything possible to do it, finally with success. The staff has always been helpful. I am anxious to see if anything has changed based on a few reviews.

The location is very good for central Bangkok. The Skytrain is right across the street and it is one of the best ways to get around during peak traffic times in Bangkok (which some would consider to be all day). This hotel is not near the river. If you want that in a Sheraton property, try the Sheraton Royal Orchid Hotel. It is very nice as well. It is just not as central as this hotel.

The rooms are quite comfortable and I've always slept well here. The bathroom has plenty of room for 2 people and the seperate bathtub and shower are helpful. There are plenty of food options within walking distance of the hotel.

I must agree with one of the other reviews I read about the pool. The pool area is rather small and the pool is not a lap (or large swimming) type of pool. It is adequate for a quick dip, but that's about it. If there was anything I'd change about the hotel, it would be the pool area. The setting is comfortable and nice. It's the confined space/area that hinders the usefulness of the overall area. It is Bangkok, and space is at a premium. So, I guess they work with what they have. All in all, if you want a few days poolside or beach side, hop on a quick hour+ flight to Phuket or one of the other many beach areas in Thailand and get your fix that way. Bangkok is vibrant, exotic city. Get out, live it, and enjoy it!

I would recommend this hotel due to the location for business travelers or touring the city. I'd also recommend it for room comfort and staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear mightywa,

May I thank you for your support for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you had taken to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed your numerous stays with us. I do agree with you that our greatest asset is definitely our people and I am delighted to read that our Concierge Department were able to be a part in making your stay more memorable. We are indeed fortunate to be centrally located, having a skywalk bridge directly connecting the hotel lobby with the BTS Skytrain Station and just a few steps away from the MRT Subway station. For a leisure visitor who plans to visit the main sightseeing spots, the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel and Towers is more convenient as you have mentioned. However, if the visitor is on business or wishes to be close the major shopping areas or entertainment, the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is more ideally located.

Thank you once again for your review and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in 2 interconnecting rooms with our 2 young children. This is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. The staff were professional and very friendly, the facilities first class including a great pool and fabulous breakfast buffet. Location is great - a short undercover walk to the BTS and MRT stations as well as the Terminal 21 shopping centre which is definitely worth visiting! Would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return when we are next in Bangkok.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Lisa I,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to share your recent experience.

I am delighted to read of your positive experience with our rooms, breakfast buffet, swimming pool and our location. Being directly connected with the BTS skytrain station and just a few steps from the MRT subway station, guests are minutes away from the different attractions of Bangkok.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Arrived in Bangkok very tired after a long flight. In need of rest and refreshment we arrived at the Sheraton and were not disappointed. This is a terrific hotel with great facilities and an ideal location close to the Skytrain and plenty of local restaurants. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is excellent with plenty of choice. The staff are friendly and go the extra mile to help. Would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Highly recommended
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Peter S,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your most recent visit to Bangkok.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed our facilities, services and location. It is a great pleasure to read that you were able to enjoy the spread at our buffet breakfast at Orchid Cafe. Moreover, I am glad that our Luxury Collection ambassadors were able to be a part in enhancing your stay with us. Our biggest asset is our definitely our people and I am certain that they appreciate the recognition that you have given to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is the first time Starwood has misled me. I usually choose a Starwood brand if one is available so I looked for one when I was going to spend a few days in Bangkok. My first time there so I didn't know what to look for. I was a attracted to the photos of the pool. Bangkok is hot so I thought the tropically landscaped pool would be a major plus. I also usually like the Luxury Collection hotels. First of all... the pictures of the pool must have been done with majorly trick photography because in fact. the pool is very, very small, squeezed in to a very tight space. Much too small for the climate and the size of the hotel. So forget using the pool. Too crowded and cramped. Then, the hotel is nice, but faded and dreary, badly in need off a refurbish. Everything was dull and tired looking. But my room was large and and clean and on a high floor with nice views of the smog. I only ate there once, room service. The worst pizza I've ever tasted. The hotel has a walkway to the skytrain which is very convenient and there is a very strange mall across the street. What I didn't know at the time was that if you are going to Bangkok as a tourist, you want to stay on the river. It's cooler there and there are lovely restaurants and water taxis to take you to the Grand Palace and Wat Arun, the flower market, chinatown. There is a Sheraton on the river, the Royal Orchid, and I wish I had stayed there instead. The Sukhumvit was fine. There was nothing wrong with it. It just would have been better to stay on the river and there are plenty of nice hotel choices there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear damicom,

May I thank you for staying at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for taking the time to write a review.

With reference to the pool, no trick photography is used as we wish to not mislead the viewer. The main section of the pool is 23 meters in length for those who likes to lap.

I am pleased to advise that beginning of May, we will be commencing the guestroom soft refurbishment, which will give a fresher look and more contemporary feel to the guestrooms. This will include a totally new colour scheme, state-of-the-art media hub, 40” TV, upgraded guest room Internet, new lighting and new shower fittings. The room together with its 45 sq.m. space will certainly give us a leading edge amongst the 5 stars hotel in Bangkok.

However, I was concerned to read of your disappointment on the meal ordered from in-room service .This point has been brought to the attention of the management concerned, so that appropriate follow-up can be taken and I apologize for this disappointment.

I do hope that in spite of this inconvenience we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to experience the improvement.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit in Bangkok and must say that my time there exceeded my expectations.

From my arrival at the hotel, to being escorted to my room, to receiving a welcome beverage within 5 minutes of being in my room, to breakfast options to eat either by the pool or in the main dining area, booking the hotel limousine to Lebua State Tower and then the next day to Pattaya, the Concierge looking after my bags for one night, sitting by the pool for complimentary happy hour, getting smoothies made for breakfast at my request and even talking to the restaurant manager whom had a wealth of information about the Bangkok, the hotel, the honey that is bought in for breakfast and also on what to do for the day...

The hotel is located across from Terminal 21 which hosts a mall, fitness center, cinema complex and an extensive variety of food options.

I would highly recommend this hotel not only for its great location for travelers and business types alike, not only for the hustle and bustle of a growing city being on the doorsteps to the hotel but most importantly for the exceptional service standards that the hotel manager has set in play from the the bell boy, to housekeeping, to the operator, to the drivers, to the reception staff across to the food and beverage team... what more can i say.

This hotel sets the bar... enjoy it now.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is truly a luxury collection hotel, impeccable service, great food, bridge skywalk connection to Terminal 21 an interesting mall, Times Square and Robinsons Dept Store. The location is excellent! Try the Orchid Cafe buffet, value for money.

• Stayed March 2013
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Edna T,

May I thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experience through TripAdvisor.

The voice of customers is critical in maintaining our high standards and I am pleased to read about the positive experience you had during your stay with us. Our biggest asset of the hotel is our people and I am happy to hear that we were able to enhance your trip and make it memorable.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Davao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I had just moved into a new house and as usual she did most of the work while I was in the office. So as a special treat I treated us (but really her) to a long weekend in the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, it was all a bit of a last minute booking and this weekend we caught an early flight to give us time to relax in the hotel. I can't blame the hotel for the traffic, 3 hours from BKK airport to the hotel. But what made up for it was the way we were welcomed at the hotel, the receptionist paid particular note of the fact that it was my wifes' birthday and arranged for a cake to be delivered to the room. My wife didn't know anything about the surprise and when we arrived back from dinner later that night, she thought I was responsible, credit where it is due a big thanks to the hotel for making this stay so memorable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear codpiece99,

May I thank you for choosing Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok as a destination for your short weekend break.

I am delighted that our team were able to be a part in creating a memorable weekend. Your great feedback will be definitely shared among our team and become a great motivation to all of members here. This is a tool to ensure that your next visit will be, again a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Richard Chapman

Been to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!