“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #12 of 753 hotels in Bangkok
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The hotel proved to be a calm, cool oasis in the city, so pleasant that we view it as being a destination in itself. As far as we are concerned, there is nothing to criticize. The service was impeccable, two dinners at Basil were taste sensations and the breakfast proved to be divine. We thoroughly enjoyed our six day stay and would love to return one day. The cocktail hour, the butler service and the free laundry offer proved to be significant bonuses and we loved the pool area and the gym. The proximity of Terminal 21 (shopping centre with many eateries to choose from) and the Skytrain are major pluses.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Johan P,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for sharing your experiences.

I am delighted that you had enjoyed the service provided by our Luxury Collection ambassadors, the dinner you had at basil, and the location of our hotel. Moreover, it is a great delight to know that you were able to enjoy the Grande Deluxe benefits. Your kind words have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts.

We all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

1,859 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Over the past decade, we have stayed in many of the 5-star hotels on Sukumvit, including four different ones in 2012. We stayed here for business/family weekend getaway. What we liked most: the kids loved the outdoor pool with various water features while we could enjoy the "healthier" poolside buffet. We also took advantage of the mall/cinema/food court right across the street! All the services, food and things you expect from a 5-star in Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear SageAdvisor,

May I thank you for staying at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for writing a review regarding your recent stay with your family.

Our swimming pool is indeed a escape for guests who wants to get a away from the bustling city. I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed the buffet at The Sala and that your children had fun by the swimming pool. Your kind words have been shared with the team and we all look forward to the next opportunity of creating another memorable stay for you.

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Well managed, great staff beware the breakfast deal.

Rooms are comfortable but need more choice on pillows - a subjective point I know ! Rooms are starting to look a bit dated but still good quality

Well equipped gym and staff are great.

The problem I had with the hotel was the breakfast. They do two types. The first you buy in advance as part of b&b deal or you pay as you go. The difference? quality.

They serve all b&b guests on the first floor and pay as you go get the more opulent lobby restaurant.

The b&b, is I think poor value, with limited range and simply not up to four/five star for Thailand - it's adequate but no more. Watered down orange juice, weak coffee, small variety of fruit etc etc Frankly, they should tell you they have two differing products

The pool is well done design wise but clever photography make it seem larger than it is - its truly tiny !

For those who think drinks etc are expensive just walk outside plenty of lower cost options around in what is a great location. It's okay but for that little bit more go to Shang ri la

Finally, The senior management of the hotel seem a bit abrasive I saw one person get hollered at the desk for what I thought was a simple query - maybe someone at Sheraton should have a quiet look ....

Room Tip: Take out Sheraton preferred guest membership it's free and gives you a high room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear marcdocklands,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to write a review.

I am concerned to read about your disappointments regarding the breakfast. Please allow me to explain that during your stay, the hotel was running at a high level of occupancy. Therefore, it was necessary to open the second breakfast restaurant in order to avoid long waiting lines. Consequently, we invited some of our guests to have their breakfasts in Basil in order to minimize possibility of a delayed breakfast. I am very sorry if you felt that you were treated differently to other guests but in the interest of all we felt that this approach was the best to open a second restaurant. Both restaurants served exactly the same food but the layout of the buffets were different, so indeed each guest whether they were dining in the regular breakfast room or in Basil were being provided with the same meal experiences. Please be advised that under normal circumstances Basil is not used for breakfast as we can accommodate everyone in the one room.

Once again, my sincere apologies for your disappointment and I do hope that in spite of the incidents we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I am sure the title gives my review away. Over the last 10 years I have stayed at this hotel over 50 times. Throughout that period staff come and go, however, what stays the same is the attitude of the staff. In my experience they are always cheerful, helpful and knowledgable. I have had many problems like losing credit cards, changing flight itinery, having to travel to another country unexpectedly for a couple of days etc. In all of these problems, the staff at the hotel have just smoothed out the problems so I can enjoy my stay.
The food is amazing....every time....the live music is second to none and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. My congratulations to Richard Chapman, the manager, for keeping up the standards when the competition in Bangkok increases every year. I will come back soon.

Room Tip: If you can afford it.....room 1010 is outstanding!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim B,

We appreciate your loyalty and support for the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel over the past ten years.

It is of my greatest delight to read that you continue to enjoy the food, live music, rooms and most importantly, our customer service level. Our staffs are truly our biggest asset as you mentioned and I’m sure they appreciate the recognition that you have given to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back home.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed 2 nights, the room was not up to par, and smelled of mildew, and they charged for everything, I tried to make a phone call but it never connected and they wanted me to pay $10 us dollars , really?
The restaurant-buffet was so over priced and the food was cold, raw yuk, I asked for the manager she argued with me since I wanted to have a refund, really yelled at me, her comment was you eat 1 plate , of salad, and you have to pay $65 us , really , so I disputed it with my cc company and they gave me a refund
I don't think they are well managed at all

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear TravelGirlUSA313,

May I thank you for your review. As I am very concerned about your comments, we tried to identify the actual incidents. If you were never able to connect your phone call, there would not be any charge as this is totally dependent on the call going through. Moreover, we have not received any notification from any credit card that a charge has been disputed and refunded to the customer.

So that I can investigate further, may I request you to email me directly at Richard.Chapman@luxurycollection.com.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in September 2012 for about 3 days following a a week of intensive meetings in Thailand. The hotel is in the middle of the business and shopping district but, although I had my doubts about having a few relaxing days in such a busy area, it actually was suprisingly relaxing. The spa is very good. And the open-air pool on the 3rd floor is incredibly peaceful for a place in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Sukhumvit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear m2r2o,

May I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and for the time that you have taken to write a review regarding your stay.

I am delighted to read that we were able to create a relaxing environment for you following the intensive week of meeting you had. We strive to provide each of our guests with a memorable stay and I am pleased to read that the atmosphere at The Sala played an important part in doing that.

We look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back for another relaxing stay.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Fantastic location, right next to the metro and the sky train and opposite Terminal 21 mall. Lovely, spacious room with a big bathroom. Outstanding breakfasts. Nice pool and hot tub. This hotel is a quiet haven from the busyness and heat of the the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a high-up room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Charlie_BBP,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit on your most recent visit to Thailand.

I certainly welcome your feed back as it is an important part of our self-assessment in knowing we are providing the services for the most important aspect of the hotel – our guests. Your kind words have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts and we look forward to the next opportunity of creating another memorable experience for you.

Richard Chapman

Been to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!