“First Choice to Stay in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

You added Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 30%
Ranked #10 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 2,011 Reviews
Yangon, Yangon, Myanmar
“First Choice to Stay in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I travel to Bangkok for business on a monthly basis and this is my first choice. I think the staff is great and very helpful. The breakfast is excellent and the coffee is always fresh. It is also in a great location. You can walk to the mall with in minutes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Jim L,

Thank you for your loyalty and the continuous support that you have given to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I am pleased to learn that you continue to enjoy the breakfast and service provided at our renowned hotel. We understand the importance of having a good breakfast, and continuously strive to provide our guests with a large selection of items every morning at Orchid Café. Furthermore, I certainly agree with you regarding our location - we are indeed, fortunate, to be within a few steps from the subway station and also to have a direct walkway that links the hotel to the skytrain station, making access to various parts of the city a convenience.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Richard Chapman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've visited the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit a number of times. Was there on two occasions in September. Staff is outstanding, with even Sr. Management stopping to inquire how your stay is going. From reception walking you to your room, to housekeeping sincerely asking if there is anything you need, to BarSu and the Living Room with Jazz at night, the "see you tomorrow" from the Spa staff - you'll find that this hotel has made "excellence" and "guest care" a value that is reflected by each staff member I encountered.
Try and get a south facing room overlooking the lake if you can. The view is all the way to the river. At this time of year, daily showers are a given, and watching them move across the city is spectacular.
Don't miss the pool. It is an oasis - literally - in a not particularly beautiful city. Even in-pool speakers playing ambient underwater music.
Stayed at more hotels that I can remember in my travels for business and pleasure. Only a few are memorable - even fewer at the top of the list. There is none better for an urban setting thean the SGS.

Room Tip: Great views of the lake and Bangkok toward the river from the south side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear jimmieg_47,

May I thank you most sincerely, first of all, for staying here at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and secondly, for going to the trouble of writing the reviews on Flyertalk and Tripadvisor with regard to your stay experiences.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly provide the recognition to our Front Office, F&B and Spa teams. I am sure that they will be delighted to welcome you back and to service you again on your future visits.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many occasions in the future. If I can be of any particular assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Selma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is my hotel of choice when I visit Bangkok. The area is good and the staff are excellent. Always get a nice upgrade with a breakfast included. Free drinks at night are nice too, as a plt member. Pool area is good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear whip383,

Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

It is definitely a highlight for hoteliers to see returning guests like yourself, and I am glad to know that we continue to provide you with a memorable stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Bangkok.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a short stint in Bangkok and decided to stay at the Sheraton Grande!! The location is amazing, It is connected to the Skytrain which we used frequently to get around. Terminal 21 Shopping Mall is also connected and we were within walking distance to tourist attractions, bars and restaurants. The service was excellent, the rooftop pool was stunning and felt very secluded. The rooms were nice although it was a bit outdated. Overall we would definitely recommend the Sheraton Grande!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear leelee1220,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok.

I certainly welcome your feedback as it is an important part of our self-assessment in knowing that we are offering the best services to our guests. Further to your comment regarding the rooms, I am pleased to inform that we are about to embark on a major renovation of the guest rooms to give it a more contemporary look.

I look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was impressed with this Sheraton hotel, based on the attentiveness of staff, and the really nice rooms, that are not typical of what you might expect from a big chain hotel. I was shown to my room personally by the check-in staff. The room was large, nicely laid out, and had everything included that you could ask for (such as WiFi!). Much appreciated all the added conveniences, such as the fresh fruit on the room (replaced daily), a complimentary international newspaper every morning, and the orchids in the bathroom.
Coming back from work to the room in the evening, I could see that the housekeeping staff working here did pay a lot of attention to detail, as my room was always immaculate.
A superb breakfast buffet that keeps up with those in other competing hotels in the center of Bangkok.
Finally, this place is easily reached from the airport by skytrain; it toook me 45 mins to get here - during rush hour.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear CaribbeanFreunde,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to write a review for Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok.

The voice of our customers is an essential part in helping us maintain our high standards and I am glad that our Luxury Collection ambassadors were able to be a part in making your stay more memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another incomparable stay in Bangkok.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in September and it really is a refined hotel. Great staff and the pool areas is an oasis in Bangkok. The jazz at night was was fabulous. Highly recommend the room service. We were a little disappointed in Basil Restaurant as we were looking forward and booked prior to arriving but it may have been an off night as the service, although very friendly, seemed to lack an eye for detail. Overall highly recommend the hotel and it is in a great position. The adjacent Terminal 21 is a great shopping complex..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear jbacMelbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment regarding your recent stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.

It is of my greatest pleasure to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and services. Indeed, I certainly concur with you that the swimming pool is a tropical oasis in the middle of the city. As for The Living Room, we feature renowned jazz artists who will be performing every night of the week.

However, I was concerned that your visit to basil did not meet your expectations. Your constructive points of criticism has been shared with the team to help them improve the level of service provided.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit for another memorable stay in Bangkok.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is another review to add to the hundreds of positive reviews. Stayed 3 nights, 24th-27th September, in a Premium Deluxe (with Lake and pool views) on 24th floor SPG. During this trip, I had daily buffet breakfast at Orchid (best spread), dined at Rossini's and the inhouse Thai restaurant, as well as Orchid's for dinner. The food quality and service was marvelous. On all 3 nights, F&B manager Robert would come and we would have a chat, to ensure that all are well. I have used the swimming pool, the gym (excellent staff, and good equipment), and the Spa. I felt that the spa was slightly pricey, but was not too bothered as it was right there. The live music in Barzu was great, and the team is extremely engaging. I would also recommend using the Mercedes airport transfer, it's worth it. Again, the countless reviews are testimony to its staff, the facilities, and the location. There are so many names to mention...all of them STARs. But will do that direct with Sheraton Grande management. I strongly recommend this property. You will be well looked after. Great work Sheraton. PS. I had to persuade my travel agent to book you guys instead of other properties in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Try any of the rooms with the Lake view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
GMSGS, General Manager at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear xleer71,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding you recent stay at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, and I will definitely share your comments with our team. We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and I am sure that your feedback will be encouragement to all the staff.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Richard Chapman

Been to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!