“Resort Hotel in the City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Bangkok

You added Banyan Tree Bangkok to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Bangkok
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21/100 South Sathon Road. | Thai Wah Tower II, Bangkok 10120, Thailand (Sathorn)   |
Ranked #14 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
tokyo
“Resort Hotel in the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The hotel location is not in the middle of tourist attraction. You have to take taxi or tuktuk or bus to the city center such as chidlom or sukhumvit. The hotel itself spoils the guests. Room is relaxing and spacious. High floors give very nice view. I stayed at 41st floor and enjoyed Bangkok view very much.

Spa and sport club is nice and complete, even though the pool is quite small. But again, I love the location of pool. At 21st floor outdoor pool it really is refreshing to swim here. Amenities is luxurious. I even bought perfume, shampoo and conditioner. Lunch buffet is superb.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This review only covers the rooftop bar!

Definitely go there. The view over Bangkok at night is stunning.
Get there using BTS and get off at station sala daeng. Follow Thanon Sala Daeng to Thanon Saton Tai, turn left and cross the busy street. You will find a small access road to the hotel without pavement. In the hotel ask for the rooftop bar and the friendly staff will guide you there.
Appropriate clothing and closed shoes are required (proper shoes are provided).
Drinks start about 400 baht. But you dont need to consume anything.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My partner and I stayed here during our time in bangkok. We stayed in the tree club room for 3 nights. I cannot fault this hotel. I Work in the tourism industry so my expectations are always very high, but this hotel met all my expectations.

The check in process was great. We arrive at 10:00pm tired after a 9 hour flight. The staff brought us refreshing cool drinks as we processed our documents. The check in staff were quick and personally showed us to our rooms.

Once we arrived in our room I was blown away. The tower club room was spacious and luxurious. Big king soft bed, stocked mini bar, free wifi, sitting area, double basin in bath room, large bath tub with. View of the city and great big shower with good pressure.

Breakfast was great. Benefit of staying in the tree club room is the all day beverages and the breakfast in the tower club lounge exclusively for guests staying in the tower club rooms. Breakfast Was Made to order eggs served to your table, fresh espresso coffee, great selection of foods.

The restaurants in this hotel are first class. We only managed to dine at the Chinese restaurant on the 59th flood and the vertigo restaurant on the 61st floor - the highest open aired 360 degree view dining experience in bangkok. This restaurant is truly a highlight. Food and cocktails delicious but not the cheapest, however you are paying for the view. A must in bangkok- heads up go up around 5:30 for great photos and make a reservation.

What really made my stay here was the service. I have never stayed any where in the world with such good service. The staff were not robots - far from it. They would have lovely conversations with you. Room was serviced immaculately every day. They would even leave notes underneath our door apologizing they could not turn down our beds-as our do not disturb sign was on.

Overall I could not fault this hotel. As I did not like bangkok at all, I am so glad I stayed in such a lovely hotel to forget about bangkok city.

10 out of 10.

• Stayed November 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The quiet efficiency of the Banyan Tree hits you when you first arrive. My suitcase was looked after and in my room before me. Check in was smooth. Getting out of the lift, you are surprised by the width of the corridors and the tasteful artwork. The rooms are extremely spacious and bottled water and toiletries are supplied at no extra cost. Even when you have to pay for something, the cost is minimal. Staff and service are excellent and the Spa services fantastic! Although staying for business, I wouldn't hesitate to go back on holidays. Easy walk to the night market.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The design and decoration is relax, confortable.

But the location is little bit far from sightseeing, shopping spots.

5 to 10 mins walk to the nearest subway.

It's good to try, a not bad experiences.

Front desk staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My company held our three day Asia Pacific conference at this wonderful hotel and I also had the opportunity to stay on for an additional 3 nights of leisure time at the conclusion of business. From a business perspective the hotel was a wonderful venue with all business needs covered, a great selection of restaurants for our in-house team meals and conveniently located.

For a leisure/pleasure perspective I was extremely happy with the huge room which included a lounge area, beautiful complimentary bathroom products and a great mirror for makeup applications. There was a nightly turndown service and a variety of fresh tropical fruit provided daily. Rooms were quiet with great views (smog permitting) of the city from my 49th floor.

Breakfast was almost everything you could want with the exception of good fresh fruit juice... for some reason it was either watery or more like juice concentrate mixture. Staff friendliness and service was fantastic so much so I felt there were too many good staff to single them out on the feedback form at the hotel.

I highly recommend the Spa... there is something there for everyone and while you can get a cheaper deal out on the streets nothing will compare with the facilities of the spa nor the treatments provided by their amazing staff. It just all went too quickly while I was there enjoying my treatments.

Take in the bar on the 52nd floor.... more amazing surround views to be had along with a drink on a hot balmy Bangkok night.

Can't wait to go back again and if this is the standard of all Banyan Tree Hotels I will be seeking them out in any of my future destinations as a first option to stay.

Thanks to all the wonderful staff for making the stay a business & leisure pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

A great one night stay at Banyan room exceeded expectations, however, trying to eat on top floor and 52nd floor was a challenc due to large amount of tour group. Make sure you book a table in advance. Other than that an excellent stay will go again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Been to Banyan Tree Bangkok? Share your experiences!