We flew to Asia for a wedding, planning to spend a few days in Bangkok and then to Hong Kong to attend the wedding. We then flew back to Bangkok for a night, a day, and a late evening flight back to the USA. We decided to try the Sukhothai as that last night hotel as it looked like it would be the great place to relax and get us ready for a long flight home. Home run Sukhothai! From the moment we arrived, driving up to the central area, separate from the city we started to relax. The staff was professional and gracious. I used my Amex Platinum Card so we got a bump up...plus free drinks..free breakfast and a meal for two at their restaurant Celadon. In order...room, fantastic, breakfast (feast) fantastic, Thai massage, fantastic, drinks by the pool, fantastic, drinks later at the Zuk Bar, sexy and fantastic (use bug spray) and then dinner at Celadon...wow. I love to eat at hole-in-the-wall places in Bangkok (see Joy Luck Club) but if you are not the type to enjoy the small and quaint when enjoying delicious Thai food, go to the Celadon...so...good...and the service is perfect (not cheap). Bonus to the staff, our plane was late, and the Platinum Card gave us a 4:00 check out, but they let assisted us with storing our things, eating dinner and enjoying the Zuk after check out and then changing into our airplane attire before heading to the airport. We stayed at the Chatrium for the first part of our trip, and I have nothing bad to say about the Chatrium, but the Sukhothai is a few levels up on the luxury ladder.
- Also Known As:
- The Sukhothai Bangkok Hotel
- The Sukhothai Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Sukhothai Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sukhothai Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COLONNADE, all-day dining restaurant features live cooking stations, Carving Trolley and a wide selection of Western and Asian favorites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Splendia, Venere, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Sukhothai Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.