We stayed at the Sukhothai for 3 nights in November. The hotel has a very refined atmosphere and the service is excellent - the staff get it just right, they have a knack of anticipating your needs and being on hand to help without being overbearing. The breakfast was particularly good - lots of choice and the service again was spot on. Having stayed in Bangkok 5 times in different 5* hotels, the Sukhothai is my second favourite, as I prefered the ambience and the riverside location of the Peninsula.
There were some niggles at the Sukhothai - the pool area is overlooked by a multi-storey car park, and car alarms were going off constantly whilst we were there. Appreciate that the hotel can't do a lot about that, but it wasn't quite the oasis in the middle of the City I had been led to expect. Also it proved a little difficult to sleep off the jet lag, due to the green glowing lights of the control panels situated next to your head which cannot be dimmed or switched off!
- Also Known As:
- The Sukhothai Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- The Sukhothai Bangkok Hotel
- Sukhothai Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sukhothai Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COLONNADE, all-day dining restaurant features live cooking stations, Carving Trolley and a wide selection of Western and Asian favorites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, LHW, Otel, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Sukhothai Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.