“Service is good” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Sukhothai Bangkok to your Saves list
Agoda.com Orbitz.com
The Sukhothai Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 / 3 South Sathorn Road | Thungmahamek, Bangkok 10120, Thailand (Sathorn)   |
Ranked #13 of 746 hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Service is good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

yeah, we can call The Sukothai Bangkok is truly 05 star Hotel, room is good size but in old style. However, still well maintain. Carpet on pathway walk to the room is quite old and need to change.

But the best of the best of this hotel is service. They treat everyone as very valued guest. All come with smile and willing to help in any request.

Location is a bit inconvenience. not close to BTS or MRT, the nearest MRT is Lumphini where take around 15-20 minutes to walk. I would recommend hotel to provide complimentary shuttle .

At the end if compare with the price, I am pleased to mark as 5 Star Price, but 4 star valued of Money

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to learn of your impressions on our service. We are also value all your comments and recommendations. We hope to welcome back you again at The Sukhothai Bangkok in this near future.

1,233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

As a five star hotel shoud be
A pitty that there where not many guests (low season)
It is a nice modern style hotel with all the amenities you need.

The food is ecxelent with many international food ch

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We and the team are glad that we have delivered your entire stay an impressive one. We look forward to see you again in the near future.

Zahara de la Sierra, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I last stayed in The Sukhothai in March 2010, at which time I gave it a 5-star rating. I have just been in Bangkok again, after disembarking there from a 3-week cruise on a 6-star ship, and decided to stay again at The Sukhothai; I'm happy to say that it retains all the qualities that made such a positive impression on me the first time I stayed, and making even a 6-star cruise ship seem wanting.

Bangkok is a huge city with diabolical traffic, and one of the nicest aspects of this hotel is the oasis of serenity it represents in the midst of the Bangkok turmoil. This is a result of the gardens and water-features, as well as the open-form architecture. Unlike almost all the other 5-star Bangkok hotels, it actually feels Thai, rather than like a very posh office block. The rooms are elegant, tasteful and spacious, with great bathrooms. Breakfast and lunch in the Colonnade restaurant are a wonderful buffet, and dinner at Celadon, The Sukhothai's celebrated Thai restaurant is superb: the menu is one of those where one is tempted simply to say to the waiter, "one of everything, please". Best of all, the service remains impeccable and truly personal: the F&B Manager saw me walk in one afternoon with a few bananas that I had bought on the street, and gently admonished me because the hotel "has bananas"; the next morning at breakfast she presented me with a small bunch of the tiny, Thai "finger" bananas to take to my room, an entirely unnecessary but typically thoughtful gesture characteristic of all the staff there. Returning to the "real" world after a few days here is a painful experience.

The Sukhothai isn't as glitzy as the Shangri-la, as grand as the Four Seasons, or as opulent as the Oriental, but for me it remains not only by far the best hotel in Bangkok, but it is a strong contender for my favourite hotel worldwide.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management team at The Sukhothai Bangkok, we truly appreciated for your feedback on your recent stay with us and sharing this on Trip Advisor. We are really delighted to learn that our hotel serviced and facilities met your expectation and left with you a memorable experience.

Hope we will have a chance to welcome you back again in the not too far future.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

we have stayed many times at this property and it is always a nice feeling to come back.
Green ,lush garden,with lots of small pools and ponds,some with white swans and some with water lillies.Or Buddas..
DESIGN is a key word here,Design elements thrughout the hotel makes you really relax and enjoy.
Great service and one of Asias best breakfast buffets.
The suites and rooms are very comfortable and the bathrooms STUNNING
The pool team,led by mr BIG is also GREAT
The SPA has some very good treatments as well
I can go back anytime...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Your compliment on our decoration, atmosphere and food are very much appreciated. We have acknowledged your kind words regarding our staff and we’ll definitely share them accordingly.

Hope we will have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.

Sao Paulo, Sp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

excelent room, excellent service, superb breakfast buffet and pool service
very good location , easy acces to everything.greatreception, great check out with complimentary late check out as we had an intercont flight leaving late at night
I can allways recomend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to learn that you have had a pleasant time while staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Yangon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have stayed there many times and love the place. Smooth and friendly service. Very helpful concierge who are keen to help find out the best places to shop and eat. (if you really want to leave).
The pool and fitness areas are supberb. Mr Big at the pool always gives a welcomming smile when you arrive. BTW their breakfast is a pleasure.

From the moment you drive in, it is a great experience.
Cant wait to return.

Room Tip: rooms over looking the inner garden have a good outlook. there are balcony rooms on the ground floor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TheSukhothaiBangkok, Manager at The Sukhothai Bangkok, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the review on Trip Advisor. We all at The Sukhothai Bangkok are so pleased to hear that you have had a great time while staying with us recently.
Your particular comment on our team member will be shared accordingly and we hope to welcome you back again in the not too far future.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Although I've dined at this hotel before, just stayed at the Sukhothai for the first time, having heard lots of people say good things about it. My immediate impression was blighted by the fact that the hotel had no record of my reservation and I must say, this was not the fault of the hotel but a result of incompetence by the Hong Travel agent I used. The reception team dealt with me superbly. They were extremely apologetic and told me they would sort it. They immediately upgraded me to one of the deluxe rooms looking out over the beautiful pool and then dealt with the travel agent direct, without me having to get involved. The hotel is beautiful and to me epitomises what a 5* hotel should be. Comparing it with its more showy next door neighbour is very difficult - they are two different beasts altogether - I'll have an attempt and say the Sukhothai is Meryl Streep, compared with the Banyan Tree's Christina Aguillerra - both great entertainers but in very different ways. For me, the Sukhothai wins hands down! Service is impeccable and very friendly - no signs of pretension anywhere. I've eaten at Celadon a few times and love it - last night's food and service was better than ever. I'm also struggling to think of a more comfortable bed anywhere in the world and I've slept in a few! I can heartily recommend this place and won't look past it next time I'm in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Try for a room overlooking the pool in the annex building
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management team, thank you very much for your compliment review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciated your comment on our hotel facilities and services. We look forward to the next chance having you stay with us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Sukhothai Bangkok? Share your experiences!