“Great start of our honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Bangkok

Save Saved
You added The Peninsula Bangkok to your Saves list
The Peninsula Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Charoennakorn Road | Khlong San, Bangkok 10600, Thailand   |
Ranked #5 of 756 Hotels in Bangkok
London
“Great start of our honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon. Great location and views being on the river. Easy to access the other side of the river by using the hotel shuttle boat. Hotel staff were very friendly, concierge helped with all of our queries and faxed our confirmations if we were out of the hotel. Bed was very comfortable. Good choice for breakfast buffet. Lovely swimming pool area, great for a relaxed day by the pool, drinking water topped up whenever your glass empties and mini ice creams served around the pool. Would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in. It meets or exceeds 5 star expectations in every respect.

I spent four nights in a Grand Deluxe Suite. The checkin process, the room and the checkout process were perfect. The staff did everything they could to make my stay enjoyable and they were very good at anticipating rather than just responding.

The hotel restaurants, especially the Chinese, are excellent but book the Thai if it looks like it's going to rain. The under cover part of the restaurant easily fills up.

Did I have any complaints? The only difference between a Grant Deluxe Suite and a Deluxe Suite is that the former is on floors 11 and above. My suite was on floor 11 and I'm not sure that the additional view compared to floor 10 was worth the extra money but someone has to have the floor 11 rooms I suppose.

It's not a cheap hotel but I think it provides good value for money. I don't expect to be in Bangkok again any time in the near future but I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in June. Loved that there was a Naturally Peninsula menu and kids menu. Pool and spa were great. Airport transfers were great. Rooms felt clean and well maintained for such a large and busy property. Concierge desk offered great service. Great AC which made for a solid night of sleep after lots of traveling in SE Asia. Will be back.

Room Tip: We had a suite and it was great
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is our 3rd stay at the Peninsula Bangkok and I have to say this is the best hotel in Bangkok by far. Superb service, food is great, service is excellent! I originally booked the standard Deluxe room, but they upgraded me to a Suite with nearly 180 degree of the river view, simply amazing!

I got a little impatient during check-in as it was Friday, quite a lot of people at the front desk, and hotel didn't have a good queuing system that some people was trying to jump the 'queue' (there aren't any queue actually, people just standing waiting), so I think that's the only downside which I had feedback to the management already.

Breakfast selection was great, especially the Thai fruit selection was awesome!! Love mango!

The pool is a perfect place to relax and just get a different taste of Bangkok if you have already been to Bangkok many times like us, and you just want to have a relaxing break without seeing the crowd, this is the place you want to spend your morning/afternoon.

We tried their spa for the first time, again, simply amazing! They had a special promotion for spa + afternoon tea, great value! The moment we stepped into the spa building, I felt like I was in a different world, the décor is so relaxing, the smell, the music.... just great! We've tried many spa/massage places in Thailand, from street massage to some individual spa to spa in luxury hotels, even we tried the Mandarin Oriental spa before and many people said they are the best spa in Bangkok, but I have to say that the spa in Peninsula is far better!

The afternoon tea served at the lobby restaurant was great, we treated as our late lunch actually. They offered Thai style afternoon tea set (Thai food basically but in smaller portions) and the traditional English style. Good environment with live jazz music.

Look forward to our next visit very soon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here on our final night in Thailand.
The hotel was nice, polished, beautifully decked out. Service was impecable, and the concierge was extremely helpful. Breakfast there was incredible, eating a huge selection of food looking out over the river. The decor was very classic-old-school luxury, but a bit over the top for our taste.

The only negative - and this was a big one - was value for money. I don't mind the cost of the room, it was expensive, but that was to be expected. But the food and drinks were - after staying at 4 other hotels in thailand (one that was more expensive) - a monumental rip off. They were charging between double and triple the most expensive price I saw at the other 5 star hotels I stayed in in Thailand.
The prices are roughly on par to what you would pay in a similar 5 star hotel in Australia - which given the range of options and prices in Thailand makes it ludicrous.

After that negative - the people were lovely and helpful, and as I said - the accomodation side of things you felt you got value for money. The room was outstanding, it was just a dissapointment that the food and drinks were so genuinely outrageously expensive.
So if you go, enjoy it - but eat and drink out! The food in thailand is great, so you're spoilt for choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Central Coast of California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for the second time for 4 nights at Peninsula. Rooms are fantastic, large and very well furnished. Bed is fantastic and very comfortable. Service is exceptional. Needed to print some documents for a meeting and they opened the business center early for me to use. Had the high tea for first time in lobby. Nice jazz trio playing, food excellent. Boat ride to other side of river where there are more interesting shopping options and other excellent hotels to visit (Oriental and Shangri La). One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Originally I wonder if Riverside would be inconvenient to get to city center, but end up it's nothing to worry about! The shuttle boat to and from the Skytrain station is very frequent and hotel staff helped carry the luggage ever since you are on board the boat (since I took the train from the airport), and also after checked out. Food is excellent, including buffet breakfast and dinner at the famous restaurant MeiJiang. The pool by the River side is awesome and offered a nice view both day and night. I also got an upgrade to room with River View which was decent and spacious. I waited for about 10 mins without a space to sit down when check-in, I got a bit impatient but before I complained about it a senior management staff (not the general counter staff) came over to assist my check-in immediately! This is the kind of service I appreciate and you will find plenty of these in Pen!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to The Peninsula Bangkok? Share your experiences!