On our arrival at Suvarbhumi Airport in Bangkok we were met by an hotel representative immediately outside the baggage check area who escorted us to a gleaming BMW waiting at the curb.
The driver assisted us into the car while their other representative loaded our luggage in the boot.
Before moving off the driver offered us chilled drinking water & a cool towel. Now we were ready to take on the Bangkok traffic.
On arrival at The Peninsula we were welcomed by several members of staff & whisked up to our suite (we had been upgraded from a Deluxe King room to a Deluxe Suite) on the 21st floor where we went through the hotel check-in procedures.
After freshening up we decided to head out do do some exploring on the Skytrain. We headed out the river side of the hotel to their private jetty on the river. Here the security man saluted me & asked our destination. Upon learning we were going to the BTS station he radioed for one of the hotel riverboats to pick us up. The courtesy river boats are a fabulous service. The Peninsula has three boats.
Over at Saphin Taksin there is a priority pier for hotel river boats, Very Nice!
Later, on our return from shopping we went to catch the river boat back. On boarding the boat the boat man bid us "Welcome Home". This was a really nice touch.
The breakfast buffet is truly spectacular. Anything you want they will endeavour to provide.
The hotel was finished about 1998 and for a fitout that is approaching 15 years old the hotel is in remarkably excellent condition.
The hotel is designed so that every guest room has a river view. Some views are better than others, our suite had 200 degree views of the river, Incredible!
After traipsing around Bangkok all day we would put our shoes in a cupboard each evening where they would be cleaned & shined by the room attendant overnight.
While staying at The Peninsula we experienced an exceptional level of service.
Although the rooms are on the more expensive side I believe they are still very good value.
I highly recommend The Peninsula as a great place to stay while in Bangkok.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Peninsula Bangkok
- Peninsula Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Developed as one of the finest hotel properties in Bangkok, its riverside location inspired the W-shaped design, capitalising on the uninterrupted panoramic views from every room and adding a distinctive architectural statement to the Bangkok skyline. The Peninsula Bangkok offers commanding city views, luxurious comfort, sophisticated facilities, extraordinary dining options and the legendary Peninsula service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Otel, getaroom.com, Olotels, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Peninsula Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.