We have stayed at the Peninsula every year since it opened in 1998 and therefore have a perspective that unfortunately recalls the earlier visits that exemplified extraordinary service, quality food, and impeccable lodging. This last visit for a week in a one-bedroom Suite was somewhat disappointing and probably we will be considering alternative accommodations for future trips.
The level of service is still outstanding even with some noticeable cutbacks. The buffet breakfast by the river is still unrivaled for variety and custom omelets and Asian cuisine, but would recommend lunch and dinner meals be taken elsewhere. Some parts of the rooms are looking a little tired especially wear and tear on the original beautiful and obviously expensive carpets. They have, however, updated technology throughout.
The hotel has one of the better pools in Southeast Asia that now caters more to families. Lots of baby's with diapers in pool (concerned about health issues with that), children running all over the hard pavement unsupervised. Can't believe there haven't been injuries, even serious ones. Not a very relaxing experience any more. The pool boys do an absolutely incredible job even with some obvious cutbacks.
The hotel lobby is stunning, location is fun with complimentary boat service to sky train and other locations. Our best visits have not been during the holidays since the hotel is crowded and services are more stressed. Peninsula hotels are a great brand with great employees, but it may be time for a parting of the ways -- at least for us.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Peninsula Bangkok
- Peninsula Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Developed as one of the finest hotel properties in Bangkok, its riverside location inspired the W-shaped design, capitalising on the uninterrupted panoramic views from every room and adding a distinctive architectural statement to the Bangkok skyline. The Peninsula Bangkok offers commanding city views, luxurious comfort, sophisticated facilities, extraordinary dining options and the legendary Peninsula service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Otel, getaroom.com, Olotels, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Peninsula Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.