“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Bangkok

You added The Peninsula Bangkok to your Saves list
The Peninsula Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Charoennakorn Road | Khlong San, Bangkok 10600, Thailand   |
Special Price
Luxury in Advance
Ranked #6 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

If you receive some guests, or want to spend few days in Bangok, I strongly recommend this hotel.
It's, indeed, not cheap, but you will enjoy a perfect service, great rooms (not top of the modernity but very nice), and a fantastic view on the river and its life.
The whole atmosphere of this place makes the experience quite unique.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

The Peninsula, Bangkok, is one of the BEST hotels in Asia, if the world. The height of luxury and sophistication knows no bounds. From the moment you arrive at reception, the staff is the most attentive and caring of all hotels in the world. The decor, beauty and tenor of the place is that of uber luxury and elegance.
A must for business travellers, a must for families or couples on holiday. Its location is second to none, with all the famous Bangkok sites on your doorstep, not to mention, the hotel's very own port to go on a boat ride across the city, for dinner or lunch.
The buffet breakfast, overlooking the river is amazing, the selection and service, breathtaking.
The restaurants are fantastic with a wide selection of international as well as delicious Thai cuisine. The lobby areas are a great way to relax over coffee and people watch.
The Peninsula has all world class facilities including lovely pool spa, beauty centre and business centre.
DO NOT stay anywhere other that The Peninsual, Bangkok.
Happy travels :)

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade - they always try to accommodate you.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Cologne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We were in the Peninsula for the second time. Service, food und quality of rooms were still stunning. Peninsula manages to keep the highest standard. Even the table napkins have lables with "date of service entry". Absolutely worth the price (the nearby Hilton is 3 Stars in comparison). Our only ask: don't change!

• Stayed February 2012
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We went for Sunday brunch in March 2012. Apparnel,ty it has been cancelled indefinitely becasue of the flood (though we saw no damage) and they have no updated their website.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Let's start with the reservation, I booked this hotel very last minute, three hours before my actual check in directly with the hotel, and were upgraded to a Balcony room overlooking the river, thanks for that and i highly reccomend to book one of these rooms as the views are breathtaking! On our arrival the room was ready despite arriving before the actaul check in time, the room is spacious and so is the bathroom, btw you get tv in your tub. The room itself is equipped with all the 5 star deluxe amenities that you would expect and even more. We were happy for instance to find a infant amenities box for our little daughter filled with shampoo, powder, nappies etc. Also what I found quite unique was the headset plug at either sides of the bed, basically you could watch tv without disturbing your wife readings or baby sleep, how smart is that? btw headset are in the bedside drawer. Have a look also at the TV cabinet, they have ports for any memory card, really well done.

The Food was also outstanding the Chinese must easily be the best in Bangkok, and the team at the restaurant is great. We liked it so much and ended up having lunch and dinner there. Try the roasted duck.

Breakfast was also very good, massive spread with indoor and outddor stations with every food you can think of.

Finally we decided to book their transfer to the Airport, what a good decision, brand new BMW 7 Series with very professional driver, they also have a airport rep that assists you with check in, luggage etc.

In conclusion if you go to Bangkok you cant miss it....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I love this place! The service is superb, the rooms large and lovely and the view from across the river is truly wonderful. I like that the location is a bit removed from the craziness of the city, but no too far to anywhere by taxi, river taxi or train. All of which are easily accessed from the hotel.
And the breakfast buffet and afternoon tea are a true standout! Yes, it's pricey, but worth the splurge if you want a luxury experience.

Room Tip: If you are going to spend the money, get a room overlooking the river!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

As I sit here at BKK airport, amid all the chaos, I am relaxed, calm and surprisingly void of Airport Rage. The airline that I booked with is not set up yet. But I have nothing to be concerned with. A representative from the Peninsula Hotel is waiting on line for me. Another reason that I am relaxed is that I just finished back to back massages at the Peninsula Spa. You haven't tried a Spa, till you come here.

So let's back up a bit. I arrived from New York after almost 20 hours of traveling. The Peninsula Hotel has a representative in the airport. I arrived about 7am.  I arranged in advance for a car through the hotel. Very reasonably priced. BMW stretched and in beautiful condition. The Peninsula rep took over and whisked me out to the car. Everyone is so polite and eager to please.

When I arrive at the Hotel, there was a welcoming party for me. It almost felt like that. Everyone was so happy that I came. I was thinking, "these people don't get out much." The woman who was leading the crowd took me straight up to my room. Didn't pass go, didn't collect $200.  She said that she knew that I traveled so long, so she didn't want me to have to wait. She filled out the paperwork in my room, as they brought my bags up. They knew when I was coming exactly since I booked the car through them, so they prepared a room for 7am check-in.  How's that for service?

I was there from Monday morning till now, Thursday evening. Let me tell you, it was absolutely amazing. I can be a very picky person when I want to. Nothing to complain about here. Breakfast was amazing. Fresh, nice selection, and great service. I made sure to enjoy it, as I'm a New Yorker and we normally don't do breakfast. I had a feast every morning.

I booked my tours through the concierge. I enjoyed every minute. I was accompanied by a tour guide 3 out of the four days. Nina was amazing. She even scheduled that one day that I was alone for me, with lots of instructions. She went over and beyond what was required of her.  There wasn't a request she couldn't handle except for 2. I asked her to get me an audience with the King and to get me inside a Thai prison. These were the only 2 things she couldn't pull off. I was just having fun there. We got vans, boats, cars, and anything we needed. Price is right here in Thailand.  Trust me, I've spent more in third-world countries.

The room was perfect. Great view of the river. Room service pops in 15 minutes after you call. Thai people don't have their hands out for tips, like everywhere else on this planet. So if you don't tip, you will get a genuine welcome and caring anyway. Which sorta makes you wanna tip.

Thai people are nuts...and let me tell you why. The traffic in Bangkok is the worst in the world. It is famous for that, yet every Thai motorist sits there waiting patiently for the cars to move another 30 feet. I'm getting road rage in the backseat, and these guys are cool calm and collected. "It will probably take another hour. This is 'lush-hour' and the traffic is very slow."
So, I'm thinking that people in Thailand just don't get angry. I did not see one person raise his voice. Maybe something to do with Buddhism. Initially, I was impressed, but then I said that I'm gonna kick one of these guys in the shins and see his response. Alright, calm down, I didn't.
So, when you see in some reviews that the manager got angry, it isn't possible. They are not capable.

There's a boat that takes you to the sky train or the boat docks. This is a free service. Everyone bows to you and says sawadee-ka or sawadee-kap. My New York mind is mumbling "leave me the F alone." I'm assuming there's a catch here. There ain't no catch. Everything is over the top. No skimping. Room is full with all these little kits. Toothbrush & toothpaste. Towels galore. Pillows galore. Cleaned spotless. Turndown service. Removing the room service table in less than 5 minutes.  I put all my toiletries in a nice mess. The housekeeping spread it all out neatly on a placemat.

I'm sure there's a lot more that I'm forgetting for now, but rest assured this Hotel lives up to its reputation as one of the Best Hotels in Asia. It also has one of the best locations right on the river.  Next time I come here, I go straight to the Peninsula. Nothing to discuss.
And could you please tell those idiot news people that there's no safety issue here. Look around, no one knows what you're talking about.
If you're thinking about going to Bangkok, this is the only place you should consider.

Room Tip: River view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Peninsula Bangkok? Share your experiences!