“Great place! Hate to have to rate it so badly!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park

You added Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   952 Rama IV Road | Suriyawongse, Bangkok 10500, Thailand (Bang Rak)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #35 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Norman, OKI
“Great place! Hate to have to rate it so badly!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Warning!! Don't book here until after the renovation is finished!!

I have been a priority club member for quite awhile and have yet to rate one of their properties this low. This is an great hotel in a great location! The lobby is on the 23rd floor of the building, the MRT and BTS stations are just a few minutes walk so very good in that aspect.

The king room I had is spacious with a nice work area. Bathroom is also nice. My room was on the 29th floor facing the main road (Thanon Rama IV) and the traffic noise below was definately noticable.

I had read about the renovation noise from the other Trip Advisor reviews and was certainly a bit leery. When I got off the elevator and stepped into the lobby on the 23rd floor the first thing that hit me was the strong oder of paint. The front desk also re-warned me of the renovation work. I thought OK - a bit of noise I can handle it. Well - the noise was more than just a bit and I happen to be there the day they were painting - not just a roller on the walls, but a full blown spraying operation. The paint was hanging in the air all the way from the lobby through the upper floors of the atrium. It was chokingly bad! The hall rails, doors, etc had a thin white layer of overspray that had drifted down from the upper floor where the renovation was taking place.The only saving grace was that the ventilation in the room is isolated from the main atrium, so even though you could smell the paint in the room (or maybe it was coming off my clothes?) it was not circulating in the AC. It was so bad they could not put out the regular dinner buffet and cancelled dinner. The place was a ghost town that evening.

OK - so I can understand maybe they did not plan for such a bad issue with the paint. I head to the bar that nigh, am the only one there, order a glass of wine, get my drink, and never hear from the waitress again. I finish the drink, hang out for a bit, and finally head out. They are sitting behind the bar just texting away, said goodbye, and went riight back to their phones.

Just to be clear though, the remainder of the staff I interacted with were very attentive and courtious.

The hotel itself is a really nice place and in a prime transportation option location. I will probably give it one more try next time I am in BKK.

Room Tip: Get a room facing opposite the main road that runs along the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is our disappointment to read your comment and that you did not have a good experience with us. As part of the continuous improvement of the hotel, we are now undergoing the Club Lounge renovation to improve facilities for our guests. Regarding the smell from the paint, it is with regret that we had issues with the exhaust system on 9 February 2013 which caused the smell throughout the hotel. We are now working closely with the contractor to ensure that the exhaust system work effectively to minimize any causes of inconvenience.

I also noted your point regarding our Bar team, please be assured that I have shared this information with our Food & Beverage Manager to handle this issue and make sure that such incident will not happen again in the future. I am extremely sorry that you left with such a poor impression of the hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for your narrative comments and we truly look forward to welcoming you back to regain your trust with us.

Yours sincerely,
Unchalee Uraisint
Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I like the new set-up and design for the Crowne Plaza Hotels and I have to say that this place in Bangkok is a true great new Crowne Plaza! The service was genuine and caring, without beeing to intrusive or to much.

The room was spotless and spacious, as well as fully stocked with amenities you may need.

There is a small pool terrace with good service, and always space to relax at a sun bed as well as a decent fitness center. Massage room was also good and had

You can have a quick coffee or easy lunch in the coffee bar by the entrance. Location is good if you want to visit Patong (we hated it) but there is some shopping places around as well as a SkyTrain next to the entrance. There is also an McDonalds, Hägen Daz Ice Cream Bar, Boots and Seven Eleven just outside.

I also think we got really good value for money, both room itself with all amenities but also bar, restaurant and other services. For be one of the chain hotels, this is almost a boutique hotel feeling even if it is large. There was a great corner of the bar which served the best cocktails and evening canapees. This was on complimentary basis as Priority Club Platinum member.

Only thing that I would prefer is an more international restaurant in the evening. We tried both the Chineese (very good) and the Latino - but really no place to have a curry or a Club Sandwich.

I also stayed at the InterContinental in Bangkok and it was also great. The only difference between this places is that InterContinental might be more elegant, but not better in quality, here they are the same where you pay less for the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

January 29th 2013, 30 minutes waiting for a room (2pm check-in). 29th floor twin beds while booked for King. Non smoking room but cigarette smoke coming out from bathroon ventilation conduit. Smelly room. Drilling and hammering during day time (renovation noise from 31st floor). Very lound band performing in the middle of the hotel throwing demently high decibels to all floors and rooms until 10pm. Room service well under average. There are soo many great hotels in Bangkok working hard to deliver fantastic value for your money. Stay away from Crowne Plaza Bangkok. I checked-out on next day and moved to Dusit Thani located just next door, calm, relaxing, tropical, high end cuisine, at last

Room Tip: Stay away there are soo many greater places next door
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BKKCP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our TripAdvisor review. We were distressed to read that some aspects of our service did not meet your satisfaction. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

As part of the continuous improvement and commitment to the Hotel, it is with regret that we are now in the process of upgrading our facilities and this had caused a bad experience during your stay with us. Regarding the loud music of the band, we had a Relaunch Party of Panorama's new concept and we regret the disturbance this had caused you.

Furthermore, I have taken notes on the experience you had with our room and room service. Please be reassured that these issues will be discussed in our Management Team meeting and further actions will be taken place in order to avoid the repetition of such scenario in the future.

Once again, thank you very much for bringing these causes of unsatisfactory to our attention. We will address these issues seriously. We truly look forward for a chance to serving you again to regain your trust with us.

Yours sincerely,
Unchalee Uraisint
Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. All the staff, front desk, bar, restaurant, was excellent and helpful. The breakfast is excellent. We had a free upgrade and our room was very nice. The location is good, just beside the sky train station, so you can go anywhere easily. I recommend this hotel if you have a good price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is just an amazing hotel. Reception was on the 23rd floor. Very friendly reception staff. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we were upgraded and given a fantastic room on the 32nd floor. The room was large and very well decorated. The bathroom was separated from the bedroom by huge glass windows, which had electronic Venetian blids for privacy. It had a walk-in shower with 2 shower heads and a large bath tub. His and hers sinks, a host of complimentary toiletries. The separate toilet had a range of electric buttons for the flush and other intimate cleaning functions!!
There was tea and coffee making facilities. An iron and board, and a safe. Plenty of storage space and hangers.
We had drinks in the finishing post bar on the 23rd floor which had great views over the city. Drink prices were fairly reasonable for the standard of hotel. The hotel is also in a very good location. 5 minutes walk from the night Market at Patpong.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Aalborg, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a platinum status member, I was upgraded to the junior suite. The room was very modern with nice aerial views of Bangkok. The staff were lovely. The hotel's location is ideal to nightlife and within walking distance to the sky train station. The breakfast was lovely and the staff in this hotel are highly professional...This is the way all hotels should be run. Despite a closed club lounge and on-going renovations, the management in this hotel, know exactly how to look after their guests, inform them of disruptions in advance and make amends and reparations for any small inconveniences. The service on this visit was exemplary from the...the management, this hotel is properly managed by its General Manager Mr Mark Winterton and his team. One would imagine that excellence in hotel management is universal, amongst top four and five star international hotel brands but it is not, in fact, it is a very rare commodity indeed. I spend as much time each year in hotels, as I do at home and I estimate that only one in ten of the hotels in which I stay are well managed. So, thank you Mr Winterton and I hope that my travels bring me back to your hotel very soon, so that I may once again enjoy that brand of care and personal service, which is fast disappearing from even the most renowned hostelries.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

As a platinum status member, I was upgraded to the junior suite. The room was very modern with nice aerial views of Bangkok. The staff were lovely. The hotel's location is ideal to nightlife and within walking distance to the sky train station. The breakfast was lovely and the staff in this hotel are highly professional and polite. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. This hotel puts to shame some of the Intercontinental hotels, in particular Intercontinetal Kuala Lumpur. I think the staff and management of Intercontinetal KL should learn customer service from Crowne Plaza Lumpini park Hotel Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park? Share your experiences!