“Great stay at the Anantara Siam Bangkok hotel (former Four Seasons)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel

You added Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel to your Saves list
Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   155 Rajadamri Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand (Formerly Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok) (Pathumwan)   |
Ranked #96 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Great stay at the Anantara Siam Bangkok hotel (former Four Seasons)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Traveling to BKK almost once a month and being very familiar with the Anantara (former Four Seasons) hotel I had never actually stayed there.
I was pleasantly surprised by the charm of the room and also the view which is overlooking the royal race and golf course. Upon checkin we received an upgrade to a junior suite room. This room category is very spacious and although the style and design of the rooms (and the entire property) is more on the traditional, classy/elegant Thai style it comes with all the modern amenities.

The Anantara has so far kept all restaurants already there when it was the Four Seasons and hope it stays that way. Also the staff (at least at the Japanese restaurant and Aqua bar) is still the same and delivers the same world class service as before.

I can definitely recommend this property when staying in BKK for both leisure or work.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
rotterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

No longer under Four Seasons management, but most staff still there and giving you fantastic service. The best pool and lobby in Bangkok and convenient located. Superb food. One difference with Four seasons, do not make direct reservations with them, even when you want to extend your stay. Prices are 30-50% higher compared to the rates you get with Tripadvisor!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I choosen this hotel for my family to stay during their first visit in Bangkok. The night manager and his staffs, also restaurant staffs especially gave us a great hospitality. Thanks to them, it was one of the best trips that we have experienced.

Well I got three points to take up as the excellence about this hotel
1. Location: This hotel is simply in the heart of Bangkok, but it is neither noisy nor stuffy at all.
2. Room: Indeed the building looks old, but it was very comfortable to stay.
3. Hospitality: There was totally nobody that made us uneasy during our stay. This is the most outstanding point that we wish to admire the hotel.

We are looking forward to being repeaters!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is nicely situated close to the 4 face buddha, which is the heart of the city with shopping malls and the footbridge within 5 mins walk. The only problem i have with this hotel is that the decor was abit tired.. as u can see in some of the photos.. that great huge wallpainting is breathtaking... but that's abit it... as I walked fr the lobby to my room.. i had to walk through some non-airconidtioned outdoor corridors, and i was bitten by mosquitoes which flew into the room from the corridor.. didn't like this design at all.. The inside of the room is clean, but the furnitures are abit tired... I expected alot from 4 seasons and this hotel didn't WOW me at all...

The breakfast was good.. with a wide variety.. Service was good as well..

To conclude.. I think the Grand hyatt next door has a slight edge over 4 seasons.. pls read my Grand hyatt review..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I've being staying at the Anantara (four seasons) 5 times a year for the past 3 years and have always had a pleasant stay.

The lobby common areas are lovely, the restaurants have great food, the breakfast is the best buffet I've had in a long time.

The rooms are large and the beds are very comfortable, yet rooms could do with an update to keep up with the wide range of 5* properties in Bangkok. They provide l'occtaine toiletries which is a very nice touch.

Wifi is included and is a fast connection.

Location is superb. Very close to BTS and walking distance to many attractions and in the best shopping district.

In all the stays, I haven't had a bad stay. The service is always phenomenal with a smile. I hope Anantara lives on the 'grand tradition' of the Four Seasons.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Hotel was formerly a Four Seasons which recently changed to this name (March 2015). It is located directly in one of the main streets, walking distance from a big mall and one of the dozens of Wat (temples) in Bangkok. The Metro station is also a step away.
I stayed here 5 nights during a business Meeting. They were able to hold the more than 200 persons from our company and gave us a remarkable service.
The Hotel Lobby is very nicely decorated and I felt really special as soon as you step in and everyone greats you with the typical Thai reverence and a friendly smile (referring to the Land of the Smile).
We got a deluxe view room with a good view of the golf course. The room is very big. A very good detail is that you get fresh fruit every day. The only 2 issues were a small internet and the AC in the room that practically did´t provided an automatic temperature control (little old control which never turned off). I preferred to turn off the AC at night and that was fine.
Breakfast buffet with plenty of options in a nice outside place with a relaxing waterfall view.
The gym was good enough, little small but even had a small snack service.
Overall I rate it as Excellent as the room was very comfortable but specially due to their hotel staff, they get two thumps up because they are the best!

Almost forgot: if you go out, better have the Hotel and treat name available in Thai or refer it as the Four Season. I had some problems making the taxi drivers understand were it was. Surprisingly not even my Google Map was helpful for them (funny experience)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I checked in late last night and was a little disappointed. This is the first hotel i ever stayed in in Bangkok, when it was known as the Regent. I have probably stayed here more then 30 times. It tmetn on checing in. I had booked a was nice as the Four Seasons and is now the Anantara Siam. I tired to prepare them for my coming in some e-mails but got no special treatment. I booked a Junior Suite and that is what I got with no breakfast. I am so used to the huge buffets in Bangkok I thought this could actually be good. I had asked for hypoallegeic pillows and got feather pillows. The were welcome cookies and fruit in the room. A nice espresso maker. The room actually seemed nicer then when it was Four Seasons. I complained at the from desk this morning and got 3 people immediately to come to my room to fix everything, and they did. Still no upgrade.
The staff are really good some remembered me others did not. The Health club is even nicer. The guy working today advised me on other machines to use and in the end stretched my body which was really nice. The pool is the highlight of this hotel and although all the high-rises around it block early sun the temperature of the water was just how I like it. Nice and warm with a huge deep end that you are allowed to dive into.
I would have to say I think it is back to its old Regent days which i thought was better then the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: The Junior suite is a very nice large from. 626 overlooks the pool.