“First class hotel” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 1,298 Reviews
Chicago, Illinois
“First class hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Everything about the Four Seasons, Bangkok, met our expectations. The hotel was a beautiful respite from the noise and frenzy of Bangkok. We loved our rooms, the amenities, the workout facilities, and the staff. My only disappointment was our first check in (we stayed there in two separate segments), after a 21+ hour flight from the US. Exhausted, we were greeted with a request to upgrade our rooms for the second part of our stay, when our son would be joining us. The woman kept reiterating how the room had a 3 person limit, despite reassurances from the Four Seasons reservation staff that I could add him part-way through the trip. My disappointment was limited to this single incident, though, because the remainder of our stay was memorable. This hotel is in the perfect location, and we have wonderful memories of the lovely hotel. I give the Four Seasons my highest recommendation. Thank you.

Room Tip: The rooms farther away from the restaurant were quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What an Amazing stay,
My Wife and I travelled with our two little daughters (3years & 1.5 Years), we were welcomed at the driveway and were rushed to the room as one of the kids was sleeping, we entered the room to be surprised with a nice fruit platter and Kids amenities. The baby crib was nicely ready for our young one to sleep in. The kids slippers and the kids bathrobe were the joy of the kids. They loved it and wear them all the time.

The pool staff were very friendly, it was relaxing to say the least, we enjoyed the treats of the chilled fruit punches and ice lollipops.

The staff are very friendly, pleasant and readily available, naturally hospitable and surely trained on anticipating guest needs. They also take recognition to a different level with the name usage that is discreet, polite, yet not over done.

Our most favorite were the concierge, we were astonished of the knowledge that they have and the details that they reflect. Their insightful experience is prime, they gave us the impression - not only they know the place - but as if they were there few hours before.

We loved the Hotel and its services, , the hotel ambience is home yet very elegant, its location is prime with walking distance of Malls and rail.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

the good:
Great service and staff
Nice large rooms with winderful bed
The BTS/skytrain station is two minutes from the hotel.
Very nice pool.
Great breakfast, but a bit crowded in the buffett area and many things ran out before got refilled

The not so good:
Five minutes walk to find anything that looks like a store, but the Bts is available

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Send a weekend in Bangkok and we want to try a different hotel from the usual one. So we try out Four Seasons

Location
The hotel is located near the Erawan shine, close to the Central mall and high end shopping area.
There is a BTS in front of the hotel which you can hop on and goes to Stadium station which is where MBK is. From there you have all the malls at walking distance.
You can also take the BTS from this station to station where you can take ferry to Asiatique

Service &Facilities
We received a warm welcome when we arrived in the evening served by friendly staff at the reception.
The room was cosy decorated and spacious, floor were parquet till the entrance of the bathroom. This keep your feet comfortable and not cold. Request for a firm pillow and the house keeping send it to the room within 15 mins. They provided very good toiletries for personal grooming - L'OCCITANE shower gel, shampoo and soap.

Didn't get to try the pool a I was too busy rushing from mall to mall, maybe next time will check that out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Spent 10 days here, organizing a major conference of the year with 150++ delegates globally. Was a complicated conference with demanding needs & plentiful changes. The hotel staff was just amazingly patient, flexible, prompt, and caring. The banquet staff packed some food for me, knowing that I didnt have time for a bite, and provided a shawl to keep me warm. Lovely personal touches.

Even the hotel manager visited our meeting venues several times to ensure our needs are met. The service level was consistently amazing, from the time we explored the possibility of contracting with the hotel, till the close of the conference. It was about 5 months.

Our delegates very much enjoyed their stay as well. Have not heard anything negative thus far. The service level and the excellent location of the hotel compensated the occasional wishes around a variety in breakfast, and a newer room (with a stronger shower head).

This Four Seasons has set a high benchmark in service for now. I am holding my next conference in another Four Seasons in a few weeks' time and really look forward to another amazing experience.

Thank you Four Seasons Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Someone one said a hotel needs three things to succeed: Location, location, location. The Four Seasons certainly has that. It's located in the centre of Bangkok, with a lot of shopping and eating options a short walk away. Another great advantage it has is that the closest Air Metro stop is five minutes off the entrance, making it easy to connect wherever you want to go.

That said, this seems like an old hotel. It's beautifully decorated, and the staff are exceptionally helpful - but the rooms seem a tad dated in their decor. Also, they are less sound proof than I would like: If the couple in the room next to me were laughing and talking loudly, I could make out some muffled sounds.

The restaurant food was good, but not spectacular. And I think that sums up my experience of the Four Seasons: Very good, but not exceptional. It would do just fine, but you might find something a little more interesting given that it is Bangkok, after all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

First, let me say that I was on this trip for business, and I try not to write bad reviews unless there is something very bad about the place / thing, but part of the goal of my review is to try and get the 4 seasons to ameliorate the issues I note in this, if they read this.

I've been to many hotels in SE Asia, including Bangkok, mostly for work, and sometimes I don't have a choice of where I stay and sometimes I do. A lot of the hotels are pretty old, but notwithstanding, make up for what they lack in modernity in service, efficiency and other little things that give credence to the idea that a brand can be consistent across the globe. I had once believed this to be the case for a place like the 4S which is fantastic in many parts of the world - breathtaking even.

The 4S in bangkok to me though was dismal. First, let me outline the good: staff are friendly / nice; the pool was large and square and outdoor and I could do laps in the morning (I find a lot of hotels in SE asia have small / odd-shaped pools) - this is largely a personal thing; business center fine; timely car pickups; wifi in the hotel cars (I like this a lot). I would say that's about it.

The bad: noise control is a huge issue. Part of this of course is not under the hotel's control - they cannot reject loud tourists from country X, but the walls and ceilings/floorboards so thin it makes a big difference. When I have to get up for meetings at 8 and have been working since 2 the night before, I do not appreciate it when I can hear the guy in the next room coughing, spitting(?!) and clearing his throat every few seconds starting at 6AM or him partying with - i will not guess who/what - until 3AM the night before. So I asked to change rooms. The hotel was gracious about this, but they moved me from a room from the top floor to one in the middle that was older, smaller and just less nice (didn't realize it could happen). Then i heard noises from people above, and both sides. Also, seems like a lot more tourists were staying there than expected - read: lots of kids running around in the morning. Fine, but for a business hotel not ideal. In my new room - thought I would destress in the tub - when i went to turn the knobs, both just fell right off. I just laughed. Couldn't find a shoe horn anywhere. The outlets next to the desk are so close together that you can only get one thing plugged in if you come from a country where your plugs are not tiny. And they only have one of those "international" plugs that fit all sockets - the rest only allow for US or similar plugs. Not enough plugs near the desk or around generally. The lights aren't centrally controlled. Everynight, i have to go around and turn off all the individual lamps that the turn down service turns on. The amenities are sparse. at any 4S i've expected not just the basic shampoo, conditioner and soap and toothbrush, but maybe a body sponge or something 'else'. just didn't seem like it was anything nicer than a 3-star hotel.

Food was OK. didn't try the room service but the free breakfast was OK - very standard. dinners were okay. but the service was SNAIL pace. I would eat with colleagues and i'd get my food sometimes and FINISH before my colleague would get anything. so strange. And this is the worst part - the service - the typical saving grace. At any other 4S or top hotel, the staff would not just be nice, but be around, be efficient, sometimes even remember your name and stuff. Sometimes i'd go to breakfast, and no one would be there. try to order eggs? no one. get some tea? no one. i'd have to walk around and find poeple. if i'm on vacation maybe i don't care, but if i'm rushing, this is just a problem.

in any case, i think that's probably the bulk of the issues i had. suffice to say, if i had a choice to stay someplace in bkk for work, i would not choose or recommend the 4S. St. regis is right next door and looks quite nice.

Room Tip: top floor. maybe not main building.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Four_Seasons_Bangkok, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Steve S
I truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback from your most recent stay with us. Furthermore, I am glad that we could connect over the phone as I am obviously concerned reading about the disappointing experience you had at the Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the noise as well as the service shortfalls you have experienced while staying with us and rest assure that we will use your feedback in the most constructive manner.
I do hope, that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and please feel free to contact me so that I may personally assist you with any needs you might have.

Thomas Hoffmann
Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!