“Excellent service, but facilities fall somewhat short of other premium class hotels.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok

Ranked #35 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,299 Reviews
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Bangkok Four Seasons in early December 2012. Check-in was smooth. I let the front desk know to expect contact from the airport in regards to my lost luggage. By my third day I asked if they had heard anything; they had not. The concierge took my flight information and followed up with the airport for me. My luggage was returned to my room by that evening.

The room was clean, bed and pillows were soft and comfortable. Bathroom was nice, but nothing special. Many (not sure if all) of the standard rooms open up onto a large atrium area, at the bottom of which are some restaurants and a lounge. Noise from these areas carried into the room at night. On the Friday night of my stay the room was quite loud until 1am.

The staff and service was excellent. From the moment I pulled up to the moment I left the hotel there was always a smiling staff member nearby willing to offer help should I need it.

I had one meal at the hotel in a restaurant called "Spice Market." The tasting menu was very good and reasonably priced.

Overall I was happy with my stay. I booked the hotel on wotif as one of their secret hotels. My rate was around 4400bhat/night, which I was happy with. At full price I would take a close look at some of the alternative premium hotels in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AviHaksar, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Adam L,

Happy Holidays from all of us here at the Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok. We appreciate the review you gave us from your most recent stay with us. We are knownn for our service and to hear that you received excellent service, is very nice to hear. The staff appreciate it when they get such great feedback and I will be sure to share it with them. I will also be sure to let Chef at Spice know that you enjoyed your meal with her. Please let us know if may assist with any future plans to Bangkok.

Warmest of Regards,

avi.haksar@Fourseasons.com

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Considering the hotel costs (US$ 200/night and US$ 35/breakfast) and inconvenient Internet environment, I think there should be a lot of competent or superior hotels around. However, the service of concierge and at front desk was impressive and nice. Breakfast quality was not good as expected.

Dear Kevin0624,

Happy Holidays from allof us here at the Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok. Thank you for giving us your valuable feedback from your most recent stay with us. We have always known our staff to be our strongest asset and it was very nice to hear that the service you received from them was impressive. I will be sure to share theses comments with them and thank them for a job well done. We look forward to having you back with us in the not so distant future. Please let us know if we may assist with your next trip to Bangkok.

Warmest of Regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Rooms good size but a bit dated. Also, as the location of rooms are above restaurant in the open court area, it got quite noisy. Gym and locker room facility also dated. Service was in general good. Buffet Breakfast selection was not as nice as before. Overall experience was nice but new hotels in Bangkok may be able to offer better deals or better facilities.

• Stayed December 2012
AviHaksar, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Cassieko,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from your last stay with us. We have done some refurbishments this year and will be doing some more next year as well. I am glad you found our overall service good, as our staff strive hard to make sure that your experience with us is a memorable one. I will look into the breakfast selections and work with Chef and the restaurant team to improve on them. Once again thank you very much for your great feedback and we will use it to improve ourselves.
Looking forward to having you back with us soon and please let us know if we may assist you with your next trip to Bangkok.

Best of Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed here for one nite while traveling thru Thailand - concierge was very helpful and the lobby bar/restaurant is a nice place to unwind, the breakfast is also fantastic. Stayed in a Cabana room and it felt a bit old, like it needed updating but I understand that this is either in the works or soon to be in the works. No doubt there are nicer hotels in Bangkok but I'm partial to Four Seasons throughout the world and certainly the price is right here - the place could use some updating but the service is still what you come to expect from the Four Seasons brand which allows me to overlook that.

Dear MJM1234,

Thank you for your kind words and we appreciate the loyalty to the Hotel and the brand. I was very pleased to hear that the experience at the hotel was a great one and you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hearing from us in the near future and please let us know if we may assist with your next trip to Bangkok.

Best of Regards

Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I really appreciate the hospitality and warm given by the staffs of Four Seasons Hotel. Splendid!!!My proposal trip was very successful. I would recommend this hotel to others. Facilities and food was superb..

Dear KennyDang,

Congratualtions from all of us here at the Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok. Our staff were very happy to assist and make your proposal, an evening to remember. We all look forward to having you back here for your wedding !!!!

With Best of Regards

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel is well reknowned for business travelers, but after my recent stay, I'd recommend this hotel for those with kids as well. Travelling with a 4 year old, we were upgraded to a bigger room which had a bed for my son. But what really delivered the "wow"factor was that they provided my son with a basket of kids toiletries and even his own robe! My son only took the robe off when we had to go out and the look on his face every time he wore the robe was priceless.

The concierge are fantastic, always polite and happy to help with anything you need. They even provided assistance to me even when I was out and about.

Location is also great, as it's a 10mins walk to Central World, and if you don't feel like walking, the Skytrain is just outside for a 1 stop journey to Central and Siam shopping, and a further stop to MBK.

The lounge in the lobby is amazing, where people have high tea in the afternoon and would also be a great place to have a cocktail after a hard days shopping in Bangkok.

Congratulations to Avi and his team on great hotel with a service standard that would be the envy of others.

RB of Sydney

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ron B,

Thank you very much for the kind words and the great feedback. I will be sure to share this with our staff and thank them for a job well done. I was very pleased to hear that you and your family had a great experience and we all look forward to having you back with us soon.

With best of Regards

Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My visit started with having to cancel the first night because of a missed flight connection. I simply E-mailed the hotel and I was not charged. Which I think symbolizes the good will atttitude and willingness to please of the attentive staff. The room was good sized, clean and comfortable, though could use an updating. The hotel is right next to the rapid transit system station, very convenient. We found the concierge to be very helpful. The staff serving at the buffet breakfast were also very attentive, and the food is perhaps the best I have had, anywhere.
My one big disappointment was dinner at the Spice Market. Expensive, not a surprise. But mediocre quality for any 5* Hotel restaurant, and certainly not up to the standard of Four Seasons. In terms of taxis anywhere in Bangkok, we always insisted on the meter, but at least 50% of the taxis refused. Be prepared to argue and decline.

Dear thetraveldoc,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the staff and their service and the breakfast experience at the hotel. Sorry to hear that Spice Market did not meet up to your expectations. We look forward to having you back in the near future. Please let us know if we may assist you in your future bookings.

Best of Regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!