“Best breakfast ever” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 754 hotels in Bangkok
Montreal
“Best breakfast ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My visit started with having to cancel the first night because of a missed flight connection. I simply E-mailed the hotel and I was not charged. Which I think symbolizes the good will atttitude and willingness to please of the attentive staff. The room was good sized, clean and comfortable, though could use an updating. The hotel is right next to the rapid transit system station, very convenient. We found the concierge to be very helpful. The staff serving at the buffet breakfast were also very attentive, and the food is perhaps the best I have had, anywhere.
My one big disappointment was dinner at the Spice Market. Expensive, not a surprise. But mediocre quality for any 5* Hotel restaurant, and certainly not up to the standard of Four Seasons. In terms of taxis anywhere in Bangkok, we always insisted on the meter, but at least 50% of the taxis refused. Be prepared to argue and decline.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AviHaksar, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear thetraveldoc,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the staff and their service and the breakfast experience at the hotel. Sorry to hear that Spice Market did not meet up to your expectations. We look forward to having you back in the near future. Please let us know if we may assist you in your future bookings.

Best of Regards,

1,159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

As a young executive started travelling to Bangkok since a decade, every time I walked past the architecturally elegant hotel (then known Regent Bangkok) I said one day I should stay here. Many many trips to Bangkok had passed and in June 2012 I finally made it.

The building is still as elegant and magnificent as I imagine it to be, however, the service is really mixed bag.

+ points:
1. The receptionist who checked me in was fantastic.
2. The attendants at the gym was fantastic.
3. So were the chambermaids.
4. The facilities - gym and pool were fantastic.
5. Quality of food offered during breakfast was also very good.
6. The rooms were dated but mural in the room made it look really plush.

- points:
1. Service provided by those working at the lobby is quite selective in whom the person they serve, based on my observation e.g., greetings are inconsistent.
2. The hotel was very full at the time of my stay due to a group of doctors convention and more perhaps. Three restaurants were opened to serve breakfast. It still wasn't able to cope with such high occupancy. Breakfast service felt rushed.
3. Servers at breakfast were forgetful, inattentive and had language problem. It appeared that fresh school leavers were hired to serve at breakfast. Something like those servers hired for wedding banquet service in a regular 4-5 star hotels. This went on for the days we stayed here.

In summary...the hardware was great but the software side didn't perform up to mark as it promised as a Four Seasons.

I hope the current situation is not like that because with newer high end hotels mushrooming in Bangkok, competition is going to be stiff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
AviHaksar, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear LUXX,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and I appreciate you sharing your comments with us. We have always known our staff to be our strongest asset and it was good to hear that you enjoyed their service from arrival to the pool , Housekeeping and Gym area. I will be sure to thank them for a job well done. I am sorry about the breakfast and Lobby experience. I will be sure to look into the areas and improve on them so that this does not happen again. Once again thank you for the feedabck and we all look forward to seeing you back here in the near future.

Best of Regards

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel in my opnion doesn't measure up to 4 Seasons standards. The hotel is rather old, rooms are big, but service should be improved.

The concierge sent us to a roof trop terrace for an aperitif that actually opened only at 11pm. The following day the concerige forgot to make our reservation in the restaurant we had requested and as a consequence we did not get a table anymore at 8pm.

The breakfast buffet is amazing, but the ladies greeting you are very uptight and not nice.

When leaving the hotel we asked for a taxi that would drive us with the meter on to the airport, not a fixed price. The man outfront insisted that we take the taxi he ordered and not another one that had just pulled up. When we drove off in the taxi that he had ordered for us, 100 meters further the taxi pulled over and asked us if a fixed fee of THB 500 would be ok, we insisted on the meter, ended up in an argument, but ended up paying THB 220 as the meter stated.... Obviously the doorman and taxi driver were in on this plan to force us into a fixed fee. Not a nice experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
AviHaksar, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear FinnishMexican,

Thank you very much for taking the time and giving us your feedabck from your last stay with us. We pride ourselves on service and I am very sad to hear that we let you down during your stay with us. I will be sure to follow up with both the Concierge staff as well as the Front Door team, to address the issues mentioned. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and I will be glad to personally assist with your next stay with us in Bangkok.

Best of Regards,

jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed 2 nights four seasons hotel during Bangkok marathon. service is excellent. public area's atomospher is nice. location (close to down town but calm like resort)is good. enough large and luxury room is good except for the corridor noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rami S, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and glad that you enjoyed our service, atmosphere and location. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back before the next Marathon :-)
Wishing you a very happy festive season.
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have just returned from a short break with another couple at the Four Seasons Bangkok. We booked a 3 nights for 2 deal and on arrival were shown a pretty disappointing un-refurbished bedroom. It was a bit dated and the bathroom looked like a conference hotel from the 1980's.

We rang straight down to reception to ask if we could look at other rooms and the staff were only too pleased to help. We were shown a much bigger, refurbished room with a lovely modern bathroom and separate shower which we were delighted with, the only downside being that it had two three quarter sized beds instead of a double. This was rectified immediately by the ultra smiley housekeeping staff,leaving us with possibly the biggest, most comfortable bed we've ever slept in! We went out to meet our friends and when we came back, a big platter of Thai sweeties, flowers and fruit had been left in the room - amazing and totally unexpected!

During our break we all had wonderful breakfasts in the room every morning, and enjoyed couple massages in the gorgeous spa - a little oasis in mad Bangkok and definitely worth a visit!

One other point I should mention is that the Four Seasons is literally right next door to a Skytrain station. A real necessity in Bangkok as the traffic jams are an absolute NIGHTMARE!

Room Tip: If you aren't happy, make sure you speak to reception, we found them charming and only too pleas...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ablegail
I am very pleased to read that your found our service to be "fantastic". While at times we cannot anticipate the guest needs, our capable team is always ready to provide the service you should expect of a Four Seasons Hotel, with a geniune Thai Smile. Thank you for sharing your statisfaction with our employees, in particular housekeeping and reception, I shall certainly share your encouraging comments with them.
Wishing you a very happy festive season and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Amstelveen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights for a combined business and leisure stay.
It was a really 5-star experience, although not perfect.
At this level, little details count. I did not receive a newspaper and was not recognized as a guest and greeted by my name. Wifi not free and only 'affordable'for slow speed and only one device? Outdated service according to me.
EUR 50,- per person for upgrade to club level? Pricey.
Location was perfect. Safe and in close proximity of shopping centres and the BTS.

Room Tip: starting from Superior room is good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brian
I am glad to read that your recent experience with us was "5-star". Thank you for your constructive feedback. Rest assured that we shall review your comments with the relevant departments to ensure your next visit with us is "top notch".
Wishing you a very happy festive season.
hong kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

What sets the 4 seasons apart from many so-called "5 star" hotels in Bangkok is the service - excellent, true 5 star standard. Somehow all staff addressed me by name, and I'd never stayed there before. How do they do that?

My room was maybe a little dated, but quite large and functional, nice bathroom, work desk, no complaints. 4 bottles of water in the room, which were replenished twice a day - unlike the usual stingy 2 bottles provided daily in most Bangkok hotels.

If you like to play music in the room, there's quite a good selection available, menu accessed through the TV, with something for everyone, from Daft Punk to Frank Sinatra, Amy Winehouse to Ella Fitzgerald. I really appreciated this feature.

Gym quite large, not busy, some equipment perhaps not the latest model, but staff very friendly and there's a counter at the entrance which offers complimentary fresh juices. Did some laps in the pool, nobody else swimming, perfect...

Had breakfast in the executive/club lounge one morning, got there around 10-15 mins before closing time and not expecting much by then, just thought I'd grab some fruit and coffee. But still good buffet selection, and the cook/chef on duty asked me which of the hot items I wanted and arranged to have them freshly cooked for me, rather than the stuff that had been sitting for a while. Nice touch. They didn't hurry me at all, and staff made toast and coffee for me well after official breakfast time had finished. Greatly appreciated by this late riser who is accustomed to being greeted with "Breakfast is closing now" and cold leftovers.

Only issue was my room was not available on arrival (at 4 pm). Sat in the lobby for 20 mins or so waiting, offered drinks, had a green tea. Not a big problem, but I hate being kept waiting.

There are undoubtedly more modern/glam rooms in Bangkok, but service at the 4 Seasons is truly exceptional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your encouraging feedback with us. While we strive every day to deliver exceptional "service" to our guests, it is very gratifying, for the entire team, to receive a note such as this. Afterall we are in the "Service" business and that's what you should expect of a Four Seasons Hotel. My apologies for your late check in and thank you for sharing the comment with me. It is only through constructive feedback that we are able to evolve and improve our service.
Wishing you the very best for the festive season and looking forward to welcoming back in future.
Rami

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!