“good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 756 Hotels in Bangkok
jakarta
“good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed 2 nights four seasons hotel during Bangkok marathon. service is excellent. public area's atomospher is nice. location (close to down town but calm like resort)is good. enough large and luxury room is good except for the corridor noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rami S, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and glad that you enjoyed our service, atmosphere and location. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back before the next Marathon :-)
Wishing you a very happy festive season.
Rami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We have just returned from a short break with another couple at the Four Seasons Bangkok. We booked a 3 nights for 2 deal and on arrival were shown a pretty disappointing un-refurbished bedroom. It was a bit dated and the bathroom looked like a conference hotel from the 1980's.

We rang straight down to reception to ask if we could look at other rooms and the staff were only too pleased to help. We were shown a much bigger, refurbished room with a lovely modern bathroom and separate shower which we were delighted with, the only downside being that it had two three quarter sized beds instead of a double. This was rectified immediately by the ultra smiley housekeeping staff,leaving us with possibly the biggest, most comfortable bed we've ever slept in! We went out to meet our friends and when we came back, a big platter of Thai sweeties, flowers and fruit had been left in the room - amazing and totally unexpected!

During our break we all had wonderful breakfasts in the room every morning, and enjoyed couple massages in the gorgeous spa - a little oasis in mad Bangkok and definitely worth a visit!

One other point I should mention is that the Four Seasons is literally right next door to a Skytrain station. A real necessity in Bangkok as the traffic jams are an absolute NIGHTMARE!

Room Tip: If you aren't happy, make sure you speak to reception, we found them charming and only too pleas...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ablegail
I am very pleased to read that your found our service to be "fantastic". While at times we cannot anticipate the guest needs, our capable team is always ready to provide the service you should expect of a Four Seasons Hotel, with a geniune Thai Smile. Thank you for sharing your statisfaction with our employees, in particular housekeeping and reception, I shall certainly share your encouraging comments with them.
Wishing you a very happy festive season and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Amstelveen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights for a combined business and leisure stay.
It was a really 5-star experience, although not perfect.
At this level, little details count. I did not receive a newspaper and was not recognized as a guest and greeted by my name. Wifi not free and only 'affordable'for slow speed and only one device? Outdated service according to me.
EUR 50,- per person for upgrade to club level? Pricey.
Location was perfect. Safe and in close proximity of shopping centres and the BTS.

Room Tip: starting from Superior room is good
Dear Brian
I am glad to read that your recent experience with us was "5-star". Thank you for your constructive feedback. Rest assured that we shall review your comments with the relevant departments to ensure your next visit with us is "top notch".
Wishing you a very happy festive season.
hong kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

What sets the 4 seasons apart from many so-called "5 star" hotels in Bangkok is the service - excellent, true 5 star standard. Somehow all staff addressed me by name, and I'd never stayed there before. How do they do that?

My room was maybe a little dated, but quite large and functional, nice bathroom, work desk, no complaints. 4 bottles of water in the room, which were replenished twice a day - unlike the usual stingy 2 bottles provided daily in most Bangkok hotels.

If you like to play music in the room, there's quite a good selection available, menu accessed through the TV, with something for everyone, from Daft Punk to Frank Sinatra, Amy Winehouse to Ella Fitzgerald. I really appreciated this feature.

Gym quite large, not busy, some equipment perhaps not the latest model, but staff very friendly and there's a counter at the entrance which offers complimentary fresh juices. Did some laps in the pool, nobody else swimming, perfect...

Had breakfast in the executive/club lounge one morning, got there around 10-15 mins before closing time and not expecting much by then, just thought I'd grab some fruit and coffee. But still good buffet selection, and the cook/chef on duty asked me which of the hot items I wanted and arranged to have them freshly cooked for me, rather than the stuff that had been sitting for a while. Nice touch. They didn't hurry me at all, and staff made toast and coffee for me well after official breakfast time had finished. Greatly appreciated by this late riser who is accustomed to being greeted with "Breakfast is closing now" and cold leftovers.

Only issue was my room was not available on arrival (at 4 pm). Sat in the lobby for 20 mins or so waiting, offered drinks, had a green tea. Not a big problem, but I hate being kept waiting.

There are undoubtedly more modern/glam rooms in Bangkok, but service at the 4 Seasons is truly exceptional.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your encouraging feedback with us. While we strive every day to deliver exceptional "service" to our guests, it is very gratifying, for the entire team, to receive a note such as this. Afterall we are in the "Service" business and that's what you should expect of a Four Seasons Hotel. My apologies for your late check in and thank you for sharing the comment with me. It is only through constructive feedback that we are able to evolve and improve our service.
Wishing you the very best for the festive season and looking forward to welcoming back in future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Four Seasons in Bangkok on business for two days in November and the service which I received was faultless. It was my birthday whilst I was there, which was noticed when I checked in from checking my passport etc. On return from a meeting to my room I found a birthday cake and card signed by the staff wishing my a very happy birthday from my 'Four Seasons' family. It definitely brought a tear to my eye as I was so far away from my own family. Later I was brought a vase of 6 red roses as a gift from the hotel from a member of housekeeping. It was a shame I couldn't take them home with me!
Everything about this hotel is 5 star, its location, breakfast, room service, its staff. The concergie goes that extra mile by not just showing you places on a map but also showing you photos of locations so that you can visualise where you need to go. If I need to come back to Bangkok I will definitely be booking this hotel.

Room Tip: Take Afternoon Tea in the Lobby
Dear Lottie
I am very pleased that our team made you feel right at home during your visit, in particular on your birthday. At Four Seasons we have always believed that our people are our greatest asset and it is very gratifying to hear that they managed to meet your expectations on this occassion. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With my best wishes for a very happy festive season.
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at the Four Seasons in Bangkok for a week in November. Great hotel in the middle of downtown Bangkok! It's a little pricey if I was on my own (stayed there on business), but you get what you pay for.
Location is right next to a metro stop, or just a short walk/cab ride from all the major downtown attractions (Soi Cowboy, Pat Pong market, MBK, etc.).
Service is excellent ... front desk was always willing to help and take care of me. Rooms are a good size and beds are comfortable. Breakfast was very good, with a wide range of choices. Ran about $35 USD.

Dear DaveandRobin
Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us recently and although you were here on business you also managed to enjoy some of Bangkok's attraction which are very close to the Four Seasons. Our location is ideal for both business and leisure and I hope you will have the opportunity to return in future.
Wishing you the very best for the festive season.
Regards
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights. Second time staying year. Rooms & location are great. Food is good too. Loved the egg benedict at breakfast and good number of breakout rooms for our group of 200 pax. However, service is poor especially the conceige. Rather go back to Conrad.

• Stayed November 2012
Rami S, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Amylee2909
Thank you for feedback and glad that you liked our rooms, location and food. I would be very interested to learn more about your experience with our concierge so we can provide you with a better service on your next visit. While I realize the hotel was extremely busy with your group and other guests, you should still expect a perfect service from our team, including our concierge who often receive praise from our guests.
Thank you once again for sharing your exprience with us.
Kind regards,
Rami

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!