“Gorgeous, dependable, classy, a home from home.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #34 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
London
“Gorgeous, dependable, classy, a home from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

39th on Tripadvisor???? Well, as one of the restaurant managers said with a smile when I mentioned it, "you can't please everybody", and thank goodness for that.

I never intended staying here, I'd been at Lebua for a week, and had a very edgy time, didn't like the hotel and hadn't felt comfortable in Bangkok, so decided to stay at the FS and give Bangkok another chance.

I've been lucky enough to stay at a few Four Seasons recently and I'm not ashamed to say I love them, but had been put off by the low rating here, as the low rating for the Sydney property was justified.

The day before checking in I had passed the property on the Skytrain on my way to the North of the city, where I'd got very hot and started to feel quite unwell. While travelling back I didnt think I'd make it back to Lebua without fainting, so jumped off at the stop next to the FS, and staggered in a sweating shaking shambles, where I was greeted with concerned smiles.

I explained that I was checking in the next day, and needed to cool down, and the only place I could think to go was the FS, and the doorman said "of course sir, welcome home"

This immeadiately made me start to feel better, and I was parked in the corner of the lobby with a cold towel and some water, and brought food and drink till I felt considerably better.

I knew then that I was going to like it there, and once I'd checked in and spent a day there, I was in love with the place, and extended my stop from 3 to 6 to 9 days.

The check in process was smooth and easy (Pauline you are totally gorgeous) and I was shown up to my room and my bag brought up promptly after.

The hotel is an old building, but it certainly isnt worn, just classy, and distinguished. A real hint of old world colonial charm, without being naff.

The room had all your standard FS comforts, and is the sort of room I could happily live in full time, frsh fruit every day, Occitane shower gels, mini bar restocked with things you use (like replacing all the soft drinks with just diet cokes every day and not needing to remind them).

I tried all the restaurants and enjoyed each meal, and room service was always bang on time and correct.

Breakfast will suit all tastes, sitting by the Koi pool on a steamy morning listening to the trickle of water is a great way to start any day.

The pool is a decent size, and the service excellent.

I used most of the people on the concierge desk, who organised a ticket for the Clapton concert for me, and transport and instructed me on organising my Vietnam visa. All excellent.

I usually didnt want my room made up till early evening, and the housekeeping team were always waiting on my call to service the room, and had it shipshape in no time each evening.

After 9 nights I went to Pattya to visit a friend, and while there had to decide where to spend my birthday. The only place that made sense was to come back to the FS.

On my return a week later, there was a card from the manager welcoming me back with a selection of snacks and some red roses, a real nice touch. He also contacted me a couple of times during my second visit, thanking me for my comments, and to wish me happy b'day., and made a point of meeting me in person before I left.

Also on my b'day I was presented with a delicious cake, more roses and a signed card from all the housekeeping staff, which was very touching.

Thu-Fri-Sat evenings the jazz band plays in the lobby, and there's nothing like plonking yourself down on one of the sofas, with a good book and a decent Vesper martini and whiling away a few hours.

I love this place, once you've been there a few days you start to recognise a few regulars, some of whom I guess drop by just to relax in the lobby each evening. I hope I get the chance to come back some day soon.

(for things to do nearby a trip to the aquarium at paragon mall is fun, and the foodhall there amazing)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Once again Four Seasons has done it again. The hotel is centrally located, in the heart of Bangkok and conveniently located to the BTS (skytrain). The staff is impeccable and the rooms are wonderful with L'Ocittane products. I would ask to stay in the room with the garden in the center. The breakfast buffets is one of the best that I have had to eat. As well as the hotel lobby is nice for a few drinks and light bites. The staff is wonderful and though the hotel is a bit on the older side, it is still quite lovely.

Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

We have traveled extensively in US, Europe and Asia (incl. SE Asia) and this hotel ranks as one of the most memorable and best hotels we've stayed in. We traveled to Thailand with our 11 month old baby and the hotel was quiet, the room clean, safe, and spacious. They provided a very sweet baby cot (not the pack and play kind), even with a mobile, and a care package for the baby (J&J diapers, wipes, soap, shampoo, baby lotion, etc. etc.)

When we ordered room service, then hotel staff told us our meal would arrive at 10.32pm and indeed, it arrived at 10.32 pm. Amazing!

Breakfast buffet is exceptional.

The hotel staff were proactive, thoughtful, punctual, eager to offer help (booking our hotel and flight when we decided to change travel plans).

We would go back to Bangkok just to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Having traveled extensively in South East Asia this is by far my favorite place to stay. The staff are super polite and friendly, the variety and quality of restaurants is 5 star, and the breakfast buffet hits the spot. The rooms are large and the bathrooms perfect, and the beds perfect for a good nights sleep. Location wise the hotel is perfect being right next to the metro station and walking distance to the largest shopping mall in Bangkok. 2 thumbs up from me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Robina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Thank you Pauline and Mon for your friendly check in and making our arrival so warm for our anniversary! We love you! Absolutely 5 stars hotel! Noon at the executive club what a wonderful smile you have.

• Stayed March 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

great service (then my colleagues told me, everything's relative, considering i just exprienced again the "great" service of my "favourite" hotel in Beijing, any south east asia five star hotel service would be great). We arrived in Bangkok really late that day, felt completely knackered, so they offered to do our check in in our rooms, and for me they specially arranged a mandarin speaking lady to introduce the hotel facilities and help with the check in (not that it was necessary, but you can tell they try really hard to make you feel comfortable). Food was GREAT. according to my local clients their thai food is the second best in town (wondering who's the best). breakfast was also good. Staffs are so friendly and helpful. Although the view is not as nice as peninsula or mandarin oriental, I will definitely stay there again. Hotel spa was also very good. but if you don't want to pay london px for spa, they will help you book a massage at a local place called health club or sth. (It's not one of the dodgy massage place, my local client recommended the place, and the hotel was very friendly and helped book everything for us)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Elegant Hotel mixed with wonderful service, the Four Seasons Bangkok exceeded our expectations for a romantic oasis in bustling Bangkok. I could not think of a nicer place to celebrate our 4th Honeymoon, a special thank you to the executive club floor staff who made my wife feel like royalty, we will be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!