“Lovely hotel by the river of kings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers

You added Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers to your Saves list
Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Charoen Krung Road Soi 30 | Siphya, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #55 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Malmo, Sweden
“Lovely hotel by the river of kings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Royal Orchid Sheraton is an excellent choice for a nice hotel by the river. The scenic river views from all rooms and suites, together with the lovely garden and two nice swimming pools are a great combination. Service is quite good and the restaurants are also good, although there are also many nice restaurants nearby in the neighbouring hotels. I can also recommend the spa and the small but very nice gym.

If you are travelling with infants/toddlers I have a small warning though. The cribs provided by the hotel (seems to be the same in most Starwood hotels in Bangkok) is not very good. Although made of sturdy material, there are no bumpers so your child might hit their bed or get stuck between the bars. The hotel does not provide any sheets or a pillow for the cribs either, so remember to pack your own.

I can truly recommend this hotel. Although not as nice as the nearby Shangri La hotel, it offers great value for the usually quite low rates for this type of hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on Spg points and booked before the category went up, so 3000 points was great value. We loved the view of the river and the room too after a long haul flight. We had a perfect sleep!
The only negative is the lower half of the grouting in the shower/bath was very pink and discoloured.

The staff were so friendly and we received some information about Thailand and Singha beer from our waiter, he was very sweet.

I can only compliment the entire concierge team who were very helpful with an unusual request and even followed me to the ferry when I forgot my document.

• Stayed May 2013
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear somewhere62,

Thank you for your very nice review. I was delighted to learn you had a memorable stay with us and that our associates were able to assist you throughout your stay. I will share your praises with our concierge team. I hope to welcome you back as our guest in the near future,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stay in Royal Orchid Sheraton for 2nights and it was just not enough! The view are nice and the staff are all very professional! I booked 2 Executive Suite and its located on the 17 floor which offer a very nice view of the river and Bangkok city, sitting by the huge window glass and admiring the river and the everyday life of the people is an activity itself;)

Lobby- Huge lobby with 2 floors of seats and a musician who play a nice musical instrument;) There are many boutique shop and its link to the River City via a walkway! The whole lobby looks very well maintained and shiny, those on group tour will check in via another entrance so you dont have to worry about long queue with big tour bus;) Front Desk staff was very accomodating to extend my check out to 3pm as my train to CM leaves at 745pm and they follow us to show us to our room! Very good impression and a nice start;)

Hotel- Sheraton Royal Orchid is located along the Chao Praya River so its a best hotel if your thinking of river cruise as the pier is just right beside the hotel at the river city mall. Sadly theres nothing on the surrounding, just a alleyway full of silver shop leading into the hotel with some restaurant and cafe at the mall next door and some streetside stall outside the mall. Theres alot of tuktuk and taxi outside the hotel who will rip tourist off, get the concierge to arrange a meter taxi for you and he will help you fend off the touts outside unless theres no taxi coming in you can just take the touts and it will cost 100B to Chinatown, it cost 60B to Chinatown and MBK on a meter taxi and these place normally only take 10min from the hotel. On our return from Chinatown all the meter taxi demand 200B, 1 meter taxi even drop us in the middle of nowhere when we decline to go to a gem shop he recommend...after that we found out that tourist staying in the Royal Orchid Sheraton and other 5 star chain like Shang gri la, Penisula will normally get rip off by these taxi as they think we are very rich and wont bargain with them...I cant blame the hotel as they are trying their best but I guess sooner of later tourist will notice that even meter taxi in Bangkok are trying to rip tourist like the tuktuk in Phuket..

Restaurant- We ate at etc on the river for breakfast and lunch, the selection for breakfast was perfect, lots of choice for asian, western and thai. They even serve ice cream during breakfast! You can choose the outdoor seating which is by the river, very good ambience and its a nice place to see how the thai people start their work via river taxi. Lunch is very expensive for Bangkok standard but the food is of very top quality, the only thing I find it werid is that they serve black ice coffee which is very bitter...they do give me syrup water and milk but I prefer they mix everything for me before serving thou..

Room- My executive suite was huge!! With a seperate living lounge and bedroom with a perfect view of the river, it gets even better at night with all the river cruise while you enjoy your bottle of wine. TV has a nice selection of channel and you get welcome fruits with a cute white elephant chocolate;) We book tours with Mr Oat to Ampawa Floating Market and the hotel deliver his message to me via a letter, they also deliver my train ticket to my room without me notifying them which is very professional of them!;) Free newspaper was delivered promptly and any request was dealt with easily;)
Overall this hotel is the best hotel I stayed on my 1 week in BKK and CM, I find it on par with Le Meridien Khao Lak which is my favourite resort throughout thailand! Will I return? I will but the taxi rip off is turning me off thou, this hotel has alot of potential to beat all the other starwood properties in BKK! Keep up the good work!!;))

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for a nice view of the river!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Kelele_10,

It was a real pleasure reading your detailed feedback from your recent stay with us. I could not be more thrilled to hear your kind and supportive words. I appreciate your loyalty and will definitely pass on your feedback to the team. Hope to see you again soon.

Eliot, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This is my second stay at the Royal Orchid Sheraton. Everything was "Sheraton", but better. Lobby area is peaceful and beautiful. There's a separate lobby entrance for groups, which undoubtedly makes the other guests very happy. There are a variety of restaurants, to suit just about any palate. The breakfast buffet is EXTENSIVE. The room I had was very nice - plenty of room and amenities - with a beautiful panoramic view south of the river.

Room Tip: I was in a 24th floor tower room - obviously, the higher you are the more spectacular the panorama...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear JBFarr,

It’s great to get your feedback. I am so delighted that you had a memorable experience here at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel &Towers. I look forward to seeing you again as our guest in the near future,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is our third stay at the Sheraton Royal Orchid. The last one before this was more than 10 years ago and of course there have been lots of exciting new hotels added to Bangkok since then-- so we were a little concerned. Decided to go back to our old favorite anyway and really happy we did. The hotel has been tastefully updated, our room couldn't have been lovelier and location remains the best in Bangkok: right on a major bend of the Chao Praya River and if you book club rooms on the upper floors you will be blown away by the spectacular views and the 24 hour show of life on the river. Hard to tear yourself away from the windows! The hotel has it's own boat, which will shuttle you to the skytrain if you want to explore downtown and is also 50 feet from the public dock, where water taxis are available all day and provided by far the best way to tour the great temples. Also linked by an enclosed walkway to River City shopping center, which still provides a truly extraordinary selection of Asian antiques. The service and food at the hotel were truly exceptional. Great value too, especially if you book a prepay at one of the club rooms. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

Room Tip: Choose a club room. The club benefits are exceptional and the views will truly blow you away.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear VLR1,

Your review made my day! It was great to read your kind words. Thank you very much for taking the time to detail your experience. I am glad that after 10 years, our services and facilities did not miss to exceed your expectations. I hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Best wishes,
Dunstable, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a 4 night stay after arriving from Heathrow for our honeymoon and were warmly welcomed following a 12 hour flight.

The hotel itself is of a very high standard, the lobby and all public areas are very nice and well maintained. There were two levels of spacious public areas with computers and internet access. It also just nice to be able to sit in the public areas.

The food in the hotel was good, the breakfast had a wide range of items including things that you would not normally see. We ate in the Thai restaurant on our first evening and the food and service was of a very high standard.

We had a deluxe river view room on the 21st floor and it had a lovely view of the river and the west of the city. The super king size bed was very comfortable and the room had everything that you would expect. It was also nice that the hotel supplied 6 free bottles of water in the room every morning.

The safe in the room was big enough for my iPad and all of belongings and the mirror in the bathroom was heated which meant when showering it did not steam up.

Every member of staff that we encountered were truly helpful and helped make our stay special. As we only has 4 nights in Bangkok the Royal Orchid was a great place to crash when returning from a day of adventuring.

The location was great only a few minutes from Chinatown etc.

The Royal Orchid is a great hotel and everything that I would expect from the Sheraton brand. Whether business or pleasure this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times now and plan on staying here again in 2014. We always stay here for the last 4 nights of out holidays to Thailand. After travelling on ferries, night trains and visiting breath taking beaches its always a perfect ending to stay here.

The Location is perfect, its easy to get one of the hotel river boats down to the sky train station. The rooms are clean spacious and have lovely room service. The breakfasts are great as is the Thai restaurant and room service. After a busy hot morning sight seeing its great to spend the afternoon chilling by the pool then off out for dinner.

Any down sides, no.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers? Share your experiences!