“Nice hotel, Good location and Super Views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers

You added Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers to your Saves list
Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Charoen Krung Road Soi 30 | Siphya, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #62 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, Good location and Super Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Very impressive entrance and reception area excellent service with very pleasant and helpful staff.

The room we had was the norm for this standard of hotel we had Super views of the river and I would imagine the vast majority of the hotel rooms have this.

Nice breakfast and main restaurant area split level with additional outside area all areas have a view of the river. The choice and quality of food at breakfast was impressive.

There is choice of restaurants available in the evening Italian Thai and the main breakfast i think there were a further two other ones to choose from we chose the Thai which had a nice themed look to it the meal was very nice and cost approx £60 for two of us with a bottle of wine.

One evening we decided to have a glass of our own wine in our hotel room when I went to the bar to ask for a ice bucket I was told I would have to order it through room service I think it would have cost 240bht approx £6!!

There is an excellent fitness centre and pool area.

Good location water taxi station just out side hotel 15bbt 0.33p for
20min ride to Grand palace loads of different stop off points a great cheap and efficient way of getting around parts of Bangkok. If you use this and the sky train 30bht you can travel efficiently and cheaply and enjoy some fabulous views.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Claire D, Online Marketing Manager at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear mikehamer1,

Thank you for staying at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel and Towers and for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all facilities of our hotel as well as our service culture. I have shared your kind words and positive feedback with the rest of the team. We look forward to having you back here in the near future,

Best regards,
Claire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel frequently over the past 5 years and came back in Feb. 2013 as a Lifetime Platinum member - but what I saw was really disappointing.

Starting with an inefficient checkin from a totally nervous guy - after waiting 15 minutes on their elite-line... not speaking or explaining about internet connection, breakfast options, etc. - also no information about laundry service included (but not for SPG-Platinum members - only for Tower guests - as they explained during checkout - they count more than SPG Platinum guests!)

Room was dirty - old hairs of the former users were still everywhere - especially in the bathroom, mirror still completely used in the living room, the suite was very musty, incl. bedsheets - especially after the information that everything was change to new interior months ago.

The club-lounge is crowded and the same old interior - the Assistant Front Office Manager told later that they want to change items in the next months... - but it looks really dirty and uncleaned

Unfortunately the hotel is used by a lot of travel groups just for one night - also a high frequency of guests from Russia - less young people or young couples.

Pool cleanliness was o.k. - but below average of a Sheraton Hotel.

Service on breakfast was not available - other people left the breakfast after a drink, because communication was not possible.

It was hard to realize that one of my favorit hotels in Bangkok and always a must stop for a few days got down so extremely.

Unfortunately I will have to give this hotel a huge break and might try it again in two to three years again.

Additional fees for minibar, spa or dinner are very high (especially regular soft drinks are more expensive than in an St. Regis Bangkok hotel, etc.!!)

When sawing the downgrade from SPG-Cat 3 to Cat 2 - I was wondering why - poorly I found the answer on my last stay... currently for me also 3k Starpoints is too much...

Room Tip: Very unclean hotel - better check twice before putting out your belongings... - it was a great hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PureGlamTV,

I would like to thank you for choosing to return to Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotels and Towers and for sharing your comments on both Tripadvisor and our property website. Rest assured, your comments have been reviewed seriously and in detail and we sincerely apologize for the shortfalls you encountered during the stay.
We have reached out to you directly by email as well to further engage and discuss what we can do to reinstate your trust and confidence in the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Bangkok.

With my best regards,
thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Positive points:
1. Stunning of Chao Phaya river's view from the room.
2. Good renovation.
3. The food's taste is great.
4. The trainees in Etc. are always smile and play with my 8 months son.
5. Good location.
6. Bell boy and concierge are always offer help.
7. Kid's amenities were set up in the room.

Need to improve:
1. Front receptionists need to be urgently training as following points
- Arrival process, never address guests by name.
- Recognize SPG, never informed me that how many Starpoints I have and how to redeem or instant award in this hotel.
- Information reservation, no one informed us that my rate is including breakfast till I called to Guest Service Center on the next morning.
- All questions that I asked upon check in such as buffet dinner's price and Sunday brunch's price and how many Starpoints I must use etc. I got all wrong information.
- Upon check out process, I was presented a folio of the room charge. After I told a lady Guest Service that I redeemed Starpoints for room, the question I have got was "Do you book with 3rd party?".
- Next to the check out counter, one of guest asked a Guest Service to exchange his UK pound sterling. Suddenly, one of the senior Guest Service told that it was an old series and walked to another guest. I saw the guest who wanna exchange has to wait more than 10 minutes for the final answer and extremely upset. Own the problem should be retrained.

2. Etc's staffs.
- Buffet breakfast, the staff at entry way always look at the paper in her hand. So I have to wait for a while till her boss told her to take care me and my family.
- Saturday buffet dinner, one of the senior staff wad so hurried while poured drinking water. So some of water's drop was splashed to my friend's face. Then the staff just smile and walk to another table. No sorry word. That made my friend shock!!

3. Security at the exit way on 10th Feb at 14:15 hrs. - he asked me while I presented the parking card (already stamped) that "Are you a staff here?", then "if not, you have to pay for the parking's charge as you parked your car here over 4 hours.".

I've ever stayed at ROSH before and got many of impress experiences but now it's going down. Strongly training will make this hotel back to a good level again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear pk_athens,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience and for choosing to stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel and Towers.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the Chaopraya river view and the quality of our food as well as the children amenities. I am however concerned about the shortfalls you encountered upon check-in and your valuable feedback has been shared with the team for training and improvement purposes.

Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences and hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

With kind regards,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Apparently all the rooms have a river view. We were upgraded to a higher floor, and the view rated a full WOW. Very nice room,clean and looked like it had been re-done recently. Excellent service generally, although check-out a little slow. A dedicated line would help.. Room service very prompt. Good food in the casual restaurant. Italian restaurant disappointing. Overall a great experience "on the river" - very quiet. Public boat pier right out front. Excellent value. Would go back.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the best views. Try for south-facing.
Palm Harbor, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were so impressed that this hotel emailed us prior to arriving to say they would accommodate an early check in after our long flight from the US to Thailand but upon arriving we not only did not get an early check in - it was later than guaranteed. The young lady checking us in insisted that it was my fault because she did not have the room we asked for available . When I showed her that our room request for two queen size beds was confirmed and part of our confirmation- she still kept saying it was my fault. Poor customer service and at the very least after making us wait 3 hours for our room- they could have offered us drinks at the bar while we waited or the very least - bottled water. The room when we did get checked in was clean and comfortable. Although- we had read there was a free shuttle- the hotel told us no and pointed us to the city shuttle next door which was inexpensive but not free and sometimes so crowded that we opted to walk 5 miles. So no free shuttle. Overall- the hotel was just a room - nothing extraordinary but certainly not terrible. It was a little out of the way from all the major attractions so if I went back- I would choose a hotel closer to the Grand Palace because it seemed to be in a nicer area than the Royal Orchid. There are so many choices in Bangkok to stay and at the price we paid for the Sheraton- they just did not impress me enough to return and I would encourage any fellow travelers to look for a hotel with more customer service. When you are on vacation - the simple courtesies count!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear billanddeb34683,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel and Towers during your recent holiday in Bangkok. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of our room and were disappointed to note the rest of your experience. We sincerely regret that your check-in was delayed and that the room you had previously requested for was unavailable upon arrival. We understand the frustration you felt and apologize for the inconveniences. In addition we regret that you did not experience the Thai Hospitality that we are known for, and hope to welcome you back again in the near future to experience the change.

Best regards,
Moraira, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had not stayed at the Royal Orchid for at least ten years, and was very pleased to find it hadn't lost any of its virtues. Maybe a case of mistaken identity but I was welcomed as a returning guest, which impressed the heck out of me.
We couldn't justify the cost of a higher-floor room, but were perfectly satisfied with our room on the 15th floor. I believe all rooms offer super views of the bustling River Chao Phraya, which provides plenty of moving interest to watch.
The hotel is located a (taxi, tuk-tuk or boat) ride away from the frenetic parts of Bangkok, which is welcome, so we ate in the hotel each night of our stay and this was perfectly acceptable if not memorable (or adventurous) dining.
Three days in Bangkok are enough for me, so this was perfect.

Room Tip: All are good.
Dear 2flu,

Thank you for returning to Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel and Towers after 10 years of absence. We were happy to welcome you back here and delighted to know you enjoyed your evening dinners at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon,

All the best,
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I paid for room and breakfast for 2 rooms, but due to early 4 am checkout for return flight, did eat breakfast. However they insisted I pay 110BHT for my guest in the other room drinking the non free water. I explained I had paid for 4 breakfast's and they were getting paid for nothing as we were leaving. Didn't matter, I had to pay the lousy 110BHT. This is one of favourite hotels in the world, but will not return on prinicpal.
I also find, as a regular guest, at check in their is no real welcome back, your just another check in, unlike other SPG properties we are frequent guests at.
After we returned to Australia, the hotel said we could have ordered room service for early breakfast. Funny how that was never mentioned while staying at the Hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear ian m,

Thank you for staying with on your recent visit to Bangkok. I apologize if our front desk associate in doing their work came across as being inflexible and once again do apologize for any impression that you have that it was not managed correctly. We certainly understand the frustration you may have felt, but do agree that a non consumed item such as breakfast cannot be off set against any other consumed chargeable item. Having said that we also agree that this certainly could have been handled better and our associates have been briefed on this moving forward. We will reach out to you directly to rebate this amount to your credit card and hope to see you back at the hotel.

Regards,
Claire

Been to Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers? Share your experiences!