As a full time road warrior, I constantly strive to find those hidden gems that place me close to the business center, but relaxed in away to put me in the proper state of mind. Over the past 20+ years I have traveled to Bangkok multiple times per year. I found Sukhumvit to be too crowded, dirty, noisy, and the worst traffic in Bangkok. In addition, no real place to exercise each morning, which is critical to me.
Then I found the new Metropolitan Hotel on Sathorn Road, and realized that I had found a little slice of peace in the craziness of Bangkok. The Metropolitan is located about a half block off Sathorn Road, next to the Banyon Tree Hotel, and within a short walking distance to the Silom Road business and shopping district. The Metropolitan has a top level Spa and Exercise facility (Shambala), which is idea for a spa getaway or to relieve your tired body after a busy day. The facility includes a full licensed message staff, exercise equipment, yoga, outdoor pool, etc.
The Metropolitan has spacious, chic modern rooms, that are quiet well appointed with large bathrooms with separate shower and tub.. It is a spa hotel in the city. The beds are the best of all of the hotels that I stay. I recommend the Metropolitan City Room or the Terrace Rooms.
Food at the Metropolitan is important. They have a internal restaurant on the second floor that serves healthy food all day long. Health is the key word at the Metropolitan, so all of the food is good and fresh. I recommend that you include breakfast in your reservation. It is well worth it.
Another feature is the Nahm restaurant, which is managed by a Michelen chef, and features a new twist on Fusion Thai - SE Asian food. The restaurant is beautiful in dark earthy, wood and tones. However, the cuisine is even better. Highly recommended. Make a reservation in advance, as it fills fast.
For me the highlight is the close proximity to Lumphini Park, which allows me to get in a good run in the mornings. Starting at about 5:30am the park is full of people running, walking, doing yoga, rollerblading, Tai Chi, etc etc. It is a different world in the early morning. There is a 2.5km paved path that weaves through the park and around the lake and waterways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails with visiting live DJs. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst glow focuses on an organic, healthful menu. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel