“Wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok

Save Saved
You added Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok to your Saves list
Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   27 South Sathorn Road | Tungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Night, Free Upgrade
Ranked #15 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Barcelona
“Wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Everything, from the polite welcome, to the relaxing reception area, to the huge room, to the lovely polite staff, to the pool, was fantastic.

Stroll down the approach road, and within 50m you're in a peaceful oasis of stylish modernity (which you need in a full-on city like Bangkok). We booked a Metropolitan room, which at 54 sq m was so comfortable and spacious - the bathroom was huge and so well laid out, the bed and linens were luxurious and comfortable, and (and I'm not one to normally rave about these things) but the toiletries were the most amazing, incredible-smelling I've ever experienced (this smell permeated the whole hotel and was amazing). The pool outside was huge, and so relaxing, with great poolside service, the gym was lovely - all in all a fantastic experience and we wouldn't hesitate to go back. We stayed at Siam & Siam after being here and my word it was a come down!

Didn't eat at the restaurant/have breakfast, but there is a patisserie in the French embassy 50m away which was excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear MattBarcelona, greetings from bustling Bangkok, you are absolutely right, a full-on city, with plenty of flavor, culture and character.
Happy to know you have enjoyed our relaxing little corner, so close and yet so far away from it all, we have really enjoyed having you with us and really appreciate your very kind comments, glad to have you talking about linen and toiletries, he he, but yes they are very special.
We would be delighted to welcome you back, please anything you may need let me know, warm regards, Jorge Monje.

1,104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've stayed twice at this hotel and will keep coming back. The building is set back from the busy road, the feeling is quiet, cool and relaxing, the service is excellent and the facilities too. As other reviewers have mentioned the hotel is built in by other, taller hotels, so relatively limited views from the rooms (even the Deluxe room I chose for the second visit). After a day sightseeing it's a great place to come back to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Infrawolf, makes us very happy to know you think of us as a great place to come back to, we really enjoyed having you back home.
Thanks a lot for your visit and very kind review, we hope to have the chance to welcome you back very soon. Kind regards, Jorge Monje
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Although I had passed through Bangkok airport many times en route to Australia this was my first time in Bangkok. Our travel agent recommended the Metropolitan and what a great choice that was. We arrived on the Thai Airways 06:30 flight from the UK and arrived at the hotel around 08:30. To our great surprise our Metropolitan room, which was absolutely enormous complete with walk in shower, was immediately available which enabled us to take that long awaited (some would say much needed) shower and grab a couple of hours sleep before taking time out in Bangkok. The food served in the Nahm restaurant was really excellent as was breakfast in the Glow restaurant. Whilst the hotel lives in the shadow of the Banyan Tree next door, it doesn’t detract from the superb swimming pool and gym facilities available for guests. The Metropolitan is not far from the Skytrain and this is the only way to travel around Bangkok as the traffic is a nightmare. Our only disappointment, and well outside the control of the hotel management, was the fact that the weekend we chose to stay was the Elections for Governor and an alcohol ban was in force between midday Saturday until midnight Sunday so it was a very dry weekend. I would certainly recommend the Metropolitan to anyone visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear JFC275, greetings from a seldom "dry" Bangkok and all of us at Metropolitan, it was really nice to have you staying with us and makes us all very happy to know you have a good time at Metropolitan, thanks a lot for your visit.
As you've mentioned bangkok lives in some kind of "friendly chaos" but it is a great, welcoming and fun city, easy to explore by sky train, subway, boat and all within very easy reach from the hotel.
We hope to welcome you back very soon, please let me know if we might be of any help, warm regards, Jorge Monje
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I visited the Metropolitan as part of my short getaway trip, the overall experience there was fantastic. I was greeted warmly by the staff there, never had the inconvenience of lugging my own luggage or waiting for people to service me. When i shown to my room, i was blown away by their meticulous services, the welcome drink & fruits was wonderful and not to mention the introduction to my room was well thought out too. My metropolitan king size room is nicely furbished, chic and sophisticated, it was huge for 2 people. Breakfast at GLOW was wonderful as well, very organic and healthy, I was well on track to start the day well. Other than the less-than-optimal location over there, it's easy to get a cab but the area there is well known to have jams throughout the day. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LawrenceSiow, warm regards from all of us at Metropolitan, thanks a lot for your very kind review, we are very happy to know you have had a nice stay and enjoyed our team's service, on behalf of all of us I would like to thank you for your visit.
Definitely, Glow breakfast is a great, full of energy way to start a day working or discovering this very interesting city. I wish we would have been able to explain better, personally I think the hotel's location is fantastic, sky train and MRt are less than 10 minutes away and allow to by pass those rush hour times where traffic may be a bit heavier.
Looking forward to have you back very soon. Warm regards, Jorge Monje
Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed 2 nights there. Very disappointing experience. This place does NOT deserve to be part of the COMO resorts, one of the best company in the industry. Poor service, noisy rooms, unable to book a table at their restaurant even for guests, low ceilings, wrong billing at the check-out, check-in one hour late at 3pm instead of 2pm,...Maybe I should stop there...
Compared to the Metropolitan in London or the Halkin, this place is really not at the standard.
I will continue to go to Como Resorts but will never go again at the Metropolitan.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Richard P, greetings from Metropolitan Bangkok, it has been really nice to have you with us and I did enjoy meeting you personally.
Please on behalf of all of us accept our most sincere apology, I'm very sorry we have not been able to provide a better service, we really value your friendship and appreciation to our COMO Hotels and makes me really sad that we have not been to the standard you are used to and were expecting.
I'm especially sorry you were not able to experience our Nahm restaurant, I'm sure you would have really enjoyed, as you know it is a very popular restaurant, recently voted Top 3 Restaurant in Asia and Top 50 in the world, as we advice in our website, reservation confirmations, early bookings are needed as the restaurant is fully booked most nights. We did try really hard, but I do understand that 8:30 pm maybe a bit late for your dinner.Lunch is as well a very enjoyable experience and usually more accessible, again sorry we couldn't manage better.
I would have tried to help should I have know you were not happy with your room, as you can see most of our guests like them a lot, some of the largest and more luminous in the city.
You are absolutely right and again we are very sorry your room was not ready upon arrival, I was happy to know you enjoyed your lunch and was under the impression you were happy with the attention and service offered, so sorry that was not the case.
As mentioned please accept my most sincere apology, we really try our best and basically work every day to provide the best possible service and make our guests feel at home, so your comment makes me especially sad, nothing we would have liked more than to make sure you had a great stay as you are used in our COMO Hotels.
I hope you may think about giving us another chance to show you our best hospitality, please make sure to let me know on advance, happy to be of any assistance. Thanks a lot and warm regards, Jorge Monje.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I visited the Metropolitan as part of our honeymoon for four nights and it was great.
The hotel is chic and hip with clean minimalist design and a lemongrass scent throughout. We were greeted with a refreshing cup of iced tea upon arrival and shown to our room where we were met with a bottle of Prosecco, fruit platter, tea and snacks. The room itself is immense for a city hotel (metropolitan room).
The location is really good, a short walk or tuk tuk ride to the Sky Train links you with the rest of the city. The Metropolitan is surrounded by much bigger hotels (Banyan Tree etc) but being around 7 floors and only having around 70 rooms keeps the hotel feeling boutique and intimate.
The food was delicious, from breakfast to evening meals and snacks by the pool.
At breakfast the GM, Jorge came and introduced himself and congratulated us on our honeymoon. He was, along with all of the staff at the Metropolitan, incredibly attentive and could not do enough for you.
I will be recommending this hotel to anyone going to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Metropolitan Room. Huge room for a city hotel with walk-in shower and bathtub.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Swiftone19, regards from bustling Bangkok and all of us at the Metropolitan, it is really nice to read you back at home and with good memories of your trip and honeymoon.
We are very grateful you decided to stay with us, in this very special occasion, we have really enjoyed meeting you and really appreciate your very kind review.
Indeed, I think our Metropolitan room is one of the largest in the city, definitely in its category. We are especially glad you have enjoyed Metropolitan's atmosphere, I personally like to think of it as our home where we welcome guests/friends and it is really a pleasure to meet many beautiful guests as both of you.
Please let us know if we can be of any assistance and we would be really happy to have the chance to welcome you back soon. Warm regards, Jorge Monje
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hands down - one of the best places I've ever stayed. If I ever return to Bangkok, I would not even question looking at other hotels. I would absolutely insist any friend, co-worker, or relative stay here. The staff is very attentive and personable. Bangkok can be intimidating on arrival but the service and ambiance will put you at ease.

Location wise - I found this to be perfect. It's close to the elevated train, so you can easily access the waterfront and temples. At night, it's walking distance to many markets and nightlife.

The decor is amazing - it feels very modern, sophisticated, and approachable. There's a subtle scent of lemongrass throughout that is very calming. For those looking to escape the heat, the pool is beautiful and there's plenty of chairs for sunbathing. For those looking to keep their fitness regimen in tact while traveling, the gym is one of the best hotel gyms I've been to. The weights are even labeled with both kilograms and pounds, which may seem like an easy thing to do, but exemplifies the overall thoughtfulness of the hotel. The gym/spa/pool area even has locker rooms with key service available and a really nice steam room and jacuzzi in each of the men and women locker rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ryan, without a doubt Bangkok is a city of character, but amazingly friendly and enjoyable, and as you mentioned our Metropolitan is a perfect base to explore and discover.
We really appreciate your enthusiastic review, it means a lot to everyone of us and we are very grateful for your visit.
We will share your kind comments with our team, it is really encouraging to read you and I'm sure it will keep us all motivated to try to do better everyday.
This is your home, delighted to welcome you back very soon and anything you may need from the city or any of us, let me know, happy to be of assistance. Warm regards, Jorge Monje

Been to Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok? Share your experiences!