“Very functional hotel for a business stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok

You added Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok to your Saves list
Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 South Sathorn Road | Tungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Ranked #14 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Connecticut
“Very functional hotel for a business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel was very professional and service was excellent for my short business stay. The breakfast was just ok - the fruit I would have thought would have been a bit better (fresher tasting) and the other selections were fine. On the positive side the room was very large and I had a TON of space to spread my stuff out, this alone would have me recommend it to business or leisure travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear ctwino, regards from Bangkok and all of us at Metropolitan, we have enjoyed having you with us and would like to thank you for your visit.
We really appreciate your very kind comments,indeed our Metropolitan rooms from 54 4sm are probably the most spacious in their category in Bangkok and their design makes then feel as your own little studio in the city, large windows and plenty of light. Happy you have liked them and find them convenient during your stay.
Our Glow breakfast is praised but most of our guests with a very creative and fresh selection of a la carte dishes and with a strong emphasis on healthy, energizing food. I'm sorry we have not managed to wow you in this occasion and hope to have the chance to welcome you back very soon.
Please receive our smiles and warmest regards, Jorge Monje

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel for 2 nights. What sets this hotel apart is their bath supplies. Their shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion all carry a special and pleasant scent that makes a perfect bath room experience. High quality ingredients and divine texture as well. I also like their breakfast selections. Not a buffet tradition but rather a main dish at your choice with free flow of fresh-made juices and fruit yogurts. I truly felt fresh and healthy after everyday's breakfast. For those who place ''style'' & ''taste'' before '' comfort'' & ''luxury'', the Metropolitan won't let you down.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Crystalyschang, regards from your home in Bangkok. We are very happy to know that after your stay last January you still have good memories of Metropolitan.
It would be very nice to have you back very soon, please let me know if we can be of any assistance.
You are absolutely right, our COMO Shambhala range of amenities, used both in room and at our COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, are very, very special and really liked and appreciated by our friends/guests. You would be able to enjoyed them at all our COMO H&R and now they can be bought on line as well.
Our Glow breakfast is without a doubt another one of the hotel's highlights, as you mentioned they are meant to make you feel fresh and healthy, made to order and always nice and creative.
On behalf of all of us, thanks a lot for your visit and very nice comment. Jorge Monje
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at the Metropolitan in June 2012 for 4 nights. It was a pleasant stay, if somewhat generic. The style is sleek and modern, bordering on being cold.

Good points:
The room was very generous in size and the bed was comfortable.
The breakfast decent quality, but mostly western selection.
Nice complimentary amenities.

Drawbacks:
On one of the nights there was an event taking place at the bar, and the music was very loud.
The spa treatments were very overpriced.
At all times, staff were courteous, but rather reserved.

All in all, we liked the Metropolitan, but failed to be wowed by it. It was adequate and pleasant, but never fantastic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear travellingwithinfant, greetings from Metropolitan Bangkok, we would like to thank you for your visit and for your comments and feedback.
We would be delighted to have you back some time and show our best hospitality, we are very sorry this time we have fallen short of wowing you, we would love all our guests/friends to go back home with wonderful memories of Metropolitan and their visit to Bangkok.
Please let us know if we might be of any assistance and meanwhile receive our warmest regards.
Jorge Monje.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We recently had a great 3-night stay at this hotel. Stylist lobby and well appointed rooms. Nothing to complain about, GM greeted us upon check-in and along with Aileen, Director of Sales and Marketing. Awesome breakfast, good gym/spa/pool. Great overall service, will go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear stingray1224, Regards from the land of smiles and all of us at Metropolitan.
We are very grateful for your visit and for your kind review, happy to know you had enjoyed your stay with us and your trip to this lively Bangkok.
Would be very happy to welcome you back very soon, please anything you may need, let us know, happy to be of assistance. Warm regards, Jorge Monje.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here on business in late November and overall the hotel was fine but I am not sure it is up to the standard of similarly priced hotels in the same area. The lobby area is stylish and the rooms are well presented, but after visiting Bangkok 30+ times I expect this in a 5 star hotel. The gym is excellent but the pool area is a little tired and small though the pool is a great size so maybe the decision was to sacrifice seating space for a larger pool.

Breakfast was ok though for an Asian hotel the food offered was very European except an ok nasi/mee goreng. I would have preferred more Asian options. Service was fine but not friendly and that is pretty much my point about the Metropolitan. The staff overall were not warm, attentive or as friendly as the staff in the other hotels I have stayed at in Bangkok. Staff weren't rude but just didn't seem that bothered to help.

Particularly bad are the staff looking after taxis/parking. During my 4 day stay they managed to get me 1 taxi despite requiring a taxi on at least 8 occasions. It was easier to walk to Sathorn Road and do it myself. Whatismore is that they didn't seem to care that I wanted a cab and did nothing to communicate whether they could get one or how long it would take. On the 7 occasions they failed to help I ended up walking off after they shrugged their shoulders. Very poor.

If you want a design hotel with a more European level of service try the Metropolitan. Its fine but not great. Could do better

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Timothymarkwebb, greetings from us all at the Metropolitan Bangkok, we are very grateful for your visit and really appreciate your comments and feedback.
On behalf of all our team I would like to offer our sincere apology, I'm especially sad as we strive daily in offering just the opposite kind of hospitality, we are extremely sorry you have found our team cold and not of enough assistance.
We are extremely privileged at Metropolitan with a great base of regular guests/friends that keep coming back to us just because of the kindness and friendliness of our team.
I wish we could have the chance to welcome you back and show our best hospitality, we will share your comments with our team and will continue to make sure that all our guests feel welcome and at home while at the Metropolitan.
Once again please accept our apology, let us know if you many need anything from bustling Bangkok. Kind regards, Jorge Monje
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Now I know why many of my friends have been returning to this property over and over again and even call this hotel their "home" in Bangkok.

I really have to congratulate the owners for firstly not skimping on the quality of the material used in the hardware and fixtures when constructing the hotel. Despite having been in operation for almost 8 years, practically every aspect of the hotel such as the fixtures and furniture (both in the public areas and the rooms), still look brand new and very well maintained. Heartiest congratulations also go to the housekeeping and maintainance team.

Only one feedback that I have for the hotel is to update the Bose system in the room to one that can connect an iPod or iPhone to. It was quite a challenge to find available CD from the hotel's CD library to play in the Bose CD player.

The service standard throughout the establishment are always professional and friendly. My four nights stay has made me felt so well-rested and refreshed when I returned home. Yes, I will definitely come "home" to The Metropolitan again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear reddot-conquersworld, for us to be a "home away from home" is probably the nicest compliment.
We are very happy to know you have felt that way and have gone back home rested and refreshed. We are very grateful for your visit and your very kind review.
I'm very sorry we have not been able to be of better assistance in regards to the, ipod/iphone adapter cord for our music system, they are available upon request, sorry we have not communicated better. We will make a note in your profile and hopefully it will be waiting for you on your next visit.
Looking forward to have you back with us, please let us know if we can be of any assistance from this lively and always exciting Bangkok.
Kind regards, Jorge Monje
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just to labour the pointof how good this hotel is, I will to add to my previous reviews and the glowing reviews from others.

Bangkok metropolitan is simply the *perfect* hotel.

Rooms have been subtly refreshed since our last stay and are still as hip, sleek and comfortable as always. Met rooms with their comfy beds with amazingly smooth linen and their big bathrooms with picture windows, fluffy towels and divine white towels are so soothing to come back to at the end of the day or after dinner.

When booking, go for a B&B package as Bangkok is largely bereft of cafes serving anything resembling decent coffee or good breakfasts. The Metropolitan's Glow restaurant on the other hand continues to serve up fresh, original, creative breakfasts.

I had two heavenly como shambala massages from an incredibly talented and intuitive massage therapist this visit. The spa treatments are always excellent. This time was even better.

If I had to nitpick and find (minor) fault it is that the pool area could do a bit of scrubbing, a lick of pain and some new loungers. Having said that, in any other hotel it would already surpass expectations.

The icing on the cake this time was when checking in being told that an iPod adapter cord had been left in the room for me after a comment I made on a previous stay that the in room Bose speaker box didn't have an ipod/iphone adaptor. Wifi is now free and fast throughout the property. Ten points Metropolitan. Also ten points for the fact that I recognise a number of staff from my first and second visits over the last few years - indicating that staff are happy and proud to provide such truly exceptional, professional, personal service.

Despite new, impressive looking hotels opening all the time, The Met is still no-brainer for my future visits to Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SydneyStephen, as always a pleasure to have you back with us at Metropolitan.
We are very grateful for your extremely generous review and happy to know you still enjoy our hospitality and service.
We do have a beautiful team at Metropolitan and definitely they make all the difference and manage to make our guests feel at home.
We are far from perfect but try to learn and really appreciate good feedback and suggestions to improve on our service and guests experience. As you've mentioned ipod/iphone adapter cords are available and we do our best to follow up and deliver on guests preferences.
We will share your compliments and comments with all the team, our Glow team will be happy to know you do enjoy their breakfast. As you said always fresh, healthy and original.
We are looking forward to have you back soon, please anything you may need on advance, let me know, happy to be of help at any time.
Warm regards from us all. Jorge Monje

Been to Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok? Share your experiences!