I stayed here on business in late November and overall the hotel was fine but I am not sure it is up to the standard of similarly priced hotels in the same area. The lobby area is stylish and the rooms are well presented, but after visiting Bangkok 30+ times I expect this in a 5 star hotel. The gym is excellent but the pool area is a little tired and small though the pool is a great size so maybe the decision was to sacrifice seating space for a larger pool.
Breakfast was ok though for an Asian hotel the food offered was very European except an ok nasi/mee goreng. I would have preferred more Asian options. Service was fine but not friendly and that is pretty much my point about the Metropolitan. The staff overall were not warm, attentive or as friendly as the staff in the other hotels I have stayed at in Bangkok. Staff weren't rude but just didn't seem that bothered to help.
Particularly bad are the staff looking after taxis/parking. During my 4 day stay they managed to get me 1 taxi despite requiring a taxi on at least 8 occasions. It was easier to walk to Sathorn Road and do it myself. Whatismore is that they didn't seem to care that I wanted a cab and did nothing to communicate whether they could get one or how long it would take. On the 7 occasions they failed to help I ended up walking off after they shrugged their shoulders. Very poor.
If you want a design hotel with a more European level of service try the Metropolitan. Its fine but not great. Could do better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails with visiting live DJs. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst glow focuses on an organic, healthful menu. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Cheap Tickets, T4B, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel