“Flawless service and well maintain property.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok

Save Saved
You added Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok to your Saves list
Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 South Sathorn Road | Tungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Night, Free Upgrade
Ranked #15 of 756 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Flawless service and well maintain property.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Now I know why many of my friends have been returning to this property over and over again and even call this hotel their "home" in Bangkok.

I really have to congratulate the owners for firstly not skimping on the quality of the material used in the hardware and fixtures when constructing the hotel. Despite having been in operation for almost 8 years, practically every aspect of the hotel such as the fixtures and furniture (both in the public areas and the rooms), still look brand new and very well maintained. Heartiest congratulations also go to the housekeeping and maintainance team.

Only one feedback that I have for the hotel is to update the Bose system in the room to one that can connect an iPod or iPhone to. It was quite a challenge to find available CD from the hotel's CD library to play in the Bose CD player.

The service standard throughout the establishment are always professional and friendly. My four nights stay has made me felt so well-rested and refreshed when I returned home. Yes, I will definitely come "home" to The Metropolitan again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear reddot-conquersworld, for us to be a "home away from home" is probably the nicest compliment.
We are very happy to know you have felt that way and have gone back home rested and refreshed. We are very grateful for your visit and your very kind review.
I'm very sorry we have not been able to be of better assistance in regards to the, ipod/iphone adapter cord for our music system, they are available upon request, sorry we have not communicated better. We will make a note in your profile and hopefully it will be waiting for you on your next visit.
Looking forward to have you back with us, please let us know if we can be of any assistance from this lively and always exciting Bangkok.
Kind regards, Jorge Monje

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just to labour the pointof how good this hotel is, I will to add to my previous reviews and the glowing reviews from others.

Bangkok metropolitan is simply the *perfect* hotel.

Rooms have been subtly refreshed since our last stay and are still as hip, sleek and comfortable as always. Met rooms with their comfy beds with amazingly smooth linen and their big bathrooms with picture windows, fluffy towels and divine white towels are so soothing to come back to at the end of the day or after dinner.

When booking, go for a B&B package as Bangkok is largely bereft of cafes serving anything resembling decent coffee or good breakfasts. The Metropolitan's Glow restaurant on the other hand continues to serve up fresh, original, creative breakfasts.

I had two heavenly como shambala massages from an incredibly talented and intuitive massage therapist this visit. The spa treatments are always excellent. This time was even better.

If I had to nitpick and find (minor) fault it is that the pool area could do a bit of scrubbing, a lick of pain and some new loungers. Having said that, in any other hotel it would already surpass expectations.

The icing on the cake this time was when checking in being told that an iPod adapter cord had been left in the room for me after a comment I made on a previous stay that the in room Bose speaker box didn't have an ipod/iphone adaptor. Wifi is now free and fast throughout the property. Ten points Metropolitan. Also ten points for the fact that I recognise a number of staff from my first and second visits over the last few years - indicating that staff are happy and proud to provide such truly exceptional, professional, personal service.

Despite new, impressive looking hotels opening all the time, The Met is still no-brainer for my future visits to Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SydneyStephen, as always a pleasure to have you back with us at Metropolitan.
We are very grateful for your extremely generous review and happy to know you still enjoy our hospitality and service.
We do have a beautiful team at Metropolitan and definitely they make all the difference and manage to make our guests feel at home.
We are far from perfect but try to learn and really appreciate good feedback and suggestions to improve on our service and guests experience. As you've mentioned ipod/iphone adapter cords are available and we do our best to follow up and deliver on guests preferences.
We will share your compliments and comments with all the team, our Glow team will be happy to know you do enjoy their breakfast. As you said always fresh, healthy and original.
We are looking forward to have you back soon, please anything you may need on advance, let me know, happy to be of help at any time.
Warm regards from us all. Jorge Monje
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I would always stay with The Metropolitan Htl each time we visit Bangkok. And our most recent stay would have been our "zillionth" stay. Metropolitan is located in the business district area that's far away from all the malls and the busy areas which we love. However, walking distance to the Skytrain would take about 10 to 15 mins depends on your walking pace but thats fine with us as we don't like to stay such close proximity to the Skytrain.

Room Tip: Must stay at their Metropolitan Room as it is spacious and usually faces the pool. Their breakfast...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Thwoo, we really hope to have you back very soon. I would like to thank you for your visit, friendship and the very nice review.
It meas a lot to us that you feel at home with us and keep on coming back. We are indeed a very nice place to be while in Bangkok, a serene, calm corner of this busting city but yet so close to everything Bangkok has to offer.
Please let me know if we can be of any assistance on advance, meanwhile receive our teams smiles and warmest regards. Jorge Monje
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I love the Met. I have been staying here on business for the past 7 years. The whole place has a calming meditative feel from it's minimalist decor to it's music and service. I wasn't sure if I liked it when I first arrived on my first trip but after 2 nights in BNK, I was (and still am) hooked. After the hussle and bussle of BNK the Met is a cool oasis to return to. The Urban Escape is a great place to unwind. Everything just 'works' and makes sense, rooms are spacious and of course, there is Nahm. The best part is the breakfast which focuses on quality and wellness, rather than huge quantities of carb and sugar found elsewhere! You feel healthier after a stay at the Met!!

I return in 3 weeks time and I cannot wait!

Room Tip: The Metropolitan room are huge. If travelling with a family they have interconnecting ones. My chi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear KM, warm regards from your home in Bangkok, we are looking forward to have you back very soon.
Thanks a lot for your very kind comments, we are very glad you like everything that makes Metropolitan (and our COMO Hotels) what they are. The care for our guests, discreet service, the emphasis on wellness and great, healthy food.
On behalf of all of us thanks a lot, we are very grateful for your friendship. Jorge Monje
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love coming back to this hotel. It's one of the reasons why Bangkok features on my regular travel list.

Sleek, modern interiors make for a relaxing stay in this otherwise busy city. Rooms are generously sized -- bathrooms are as big as they can come! None of the OTT glitzy/dusty bling that is standard (and boring) at so many top hotels in Asia. Good service without the fuss.

Additional perk for having David Thompson's Nahm in-house with always stunning floral arrangements. The breakfast room is a bit sterile, but they make up for up with good, healthy food... none of the run-of-the-mill breakfast buffet junk one usually finds.

Room Tip: Metropolitan Room is my favourite -- lots of space!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Jetsetjoy, warm regards from your home in Bkk, there are many, many reasons to visit Bangkok and definitely to keep coming back, we are very happy to know, for you, we are one of them.
It is always a pleasure to have you with us at Metropolitan and hopefully we will be welcoming you back very soon, anything you may need in advance, please let us know. Jorge Monje
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

very helpful staff... great room.. good breakfast... can do with a daily change of selection.
Met bar was great to have a drink after a long day.. music is okay... cocktails .. cheap...
Location to attractions is not within walking distance, get a Hotel address card in Thai.. taxi cost is reasonable.
Turn left at South Sathorn Rd ( out of hotel ).. try a Thai Massage or foot massage for A$10/hr.. very clean and professional staff .. a big welcome after a long day sightseeing.
local eateries are near buy... worth a try...

Room Tip: ask for a upgrade when checking in, if a better room is available , they tend to oblige....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JYAustralia, we are happy to know you have enjoyed your trip to vibrant Bangkok, so many things to explore, do and savor in a city that hardly sleeps.
We are extremely grateful for your visit and for taking the time to share your experience in this kind review. Metropolitan is a great base and a very nice, calm place to scape and retreat after a busy day or long day of sightseeing, happy you have had a good time with us.
Anything you may need from Bangkok or us, please let me know, happy to be of assistance. Kind regards, Jorge Monje
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

You won't be regret if you decide to stay here. Almost all the pros mentioned in previous reviews are true, such as spacious bed room and bathroom, excellent and proactive services, heathy and different style breakfast at Glow. You can find fresh mango and young coconut juices during breakfast plus tons of freshly made jam. Pool area is calm and quiet, hidden from the main entrance and surrounded by buildings yet you cam still get tanned particularly in the morning. The gym and spa area is a must visit. Gym is big overseeing the pool area. I love the jacuzzi, in door but with big window, plant and sun light. Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear JL, we are very privileged at Metropolitan Bangkok welcoming many beautiful guests and we do have a warm and friendly team, I believe that makes for a truly nice and lovely hotel as you have mentioned.
Very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay and our service and facilities, thanks a lot for your kind and detailed comments and more important for your visit, we have been happy and grateful to have you with us.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon, meanwhile receive our warmest regards, Jorge Monje.

Been to Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok? Share your experiences!