Just to labour the pointof how good this hotel is, I will to add to my previous reviews and the glowing reviews from others.
Bangkok metropolitan is simply the *perfect* hotel.
Rooms have been subtly refreshed since our last stay and are still as hip, sleek and comfortable as always. Met rooms with their comfy beds with amazingly smooth linen and their big bathrooms with picture windows, fluffy towels and divine white towels are so soothing to come back to at the end of the day or after dinner.
When booking, go for a B&B package as Bangkok is largely bereft of cafes serving anything resembling decent coffee or good breakfasts. The Metropolitan's Glow restaurant on the other hand continues to serve up fresh, original, creative breakfasts.
I had two heavenly como shambala massages from an incredibly talented and intuitive massage therapist this visit. The spa treatments are always excellent. This time was even better.
If I had to nitpick and find (minor) fault it is that the pool area could do a bit of scrubbing, a lick of pain and some new loungers. Having said that, in any other hotel it would already surpass expectations.
The icing on the cake this time was when checking in being told that an iPod adapter cord had been left in the room for me after a comment I made on a previous stay that the in room Bose speaker box didn't have an ipod/iphone adaptor. Wifi is now free and fast throughout the property. Ten points Metropolitan. Also ten points for the fact that I recognise a number of staff from my first and second visits over the last few years - indicating that staff are happy and proud to provide such truly exceptional, professional, personal service.
Despite new, impressive looking hotels opening all the time, The Met is still no-brainer for my future visits to Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok is a 169-room 5 star hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails with visiting live DJs. Nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst glow focuses on an organic, healthful menu. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, T4B, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel