“Tranquil retreat in hectic Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok

Save Saved
You added Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok to your Saves list
Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   27 South Sathorn Road | Tungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 745 hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“Tranquil retreat in hectic Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent hotel which deserves a fat five star rating. We stayed in one of the penthouse suites, courtesy of the hotel manager since the room we booked was still under renovation. The suite could easily pass for a massive apartment (at least in Hong Kong) and the minimal design ticked. Staff made us instantly feel at home and even Jorge the general manager made time to come and say hello on arrival - a nice touch. Breakfast at the 'Glow' restaurant is by far the best breakfast we have ever had in any hotel, restaurant, and dare I say it, at home. If there was a cookbook I would have bought it in a second.
I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear bubblensqueek, warm regards from your peaceful retreat in Bangkok, it is really nice to know you have enjoyed your stay and our team's service.
Glad you did like your Penthouse Suites, indeed with their double height ceilings they feel spacious, full of light and very serene and welcoming.
Most of our guests really value and praise our Glow breakfast, made to order, a la carte, A great way to start the day feeling full of energy, our Glow team will be very happy to read your compliments, you are very kind.
Please let us know should you need anything from Bangkok and definitely we are looking forward to have you back very soon. Meanwhile receive our gratitude and best wishes. Jorge Monje

1,041 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This have always been my favorite hotels in terms of the rooms and breakfast (best in the world). The staff there are very courteous and friendly and they always address you by your first name, The room is very spacious, clean and zen looking and I just love their toiletries. I had recommended it to my colleague and everyone said the same thing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Iwee800, your confidence in our hotel and team makes us very proud and happy. On behalf of all of us I would like to thank you for your visits and for your very kind and generous review.
We would be delighted to welcome you back very soon, anything you may need on advance,please let me know. Kind regards, Jorge Monje
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel to Bangkok twice a year and I always stay here for a couple of days just to unwind.

The service is great, the staff are all friendly and attentive.
The room was nice and bedding super comfy. There are hardwood floors and a minimal vibe going on in the suites.

I spend alot of time lying by the pool. I'm not a fan of the breakfast at Glow bar. It's very expensive and not to my liking.

It's pretty cheap getting taxis around Bangkok and the staff were very good about hailing reliable cabs for me.

I would recommend this hotel if you just want to hang around the grounds or Sala Daeng. I liked Sala Daeng...there is alot of weird stuff going on. The plus side of the out of the way location is that it is quiet and nice, a great respite from the bustle, dirt, and relentless chaos of Bangkok.

Room Tip: -the city rooms are big enough -get a room facing the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Christopher-Hussein, regards from your home in Bangkok.
As you know wellness it is of the utmost importance to us at Metropolitan and as you've mentioned
we are a wonderful place to unwind! Quiet and peaceful. A fantastic retreat within this bustling city.
Happy to know you continue to enjoy your stays with us, looking forward to have you back soon, please let me know if there is anything we could do on advance.
Warm regards, Jorge Monje.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We couldn't be happier with the Metropolitan. We were easily able to get everywhere from it's location. The rooms were spacious, luxurious and comfortable. The bath products—the sampe they use in their spa—were the best I've ever had. Finally, the food was incredible, with tons of organic and healthy choices. I will be back here, and now completely trust the COMO line of hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Christie, regards from us all at Metropolitan Bangkok.
We are extremely happy to know you have enjoyed your stay with us! I'm pretty sure you will love the rest of our beautiful COMO Hotels,please let me know if I can be of any assistance in that regard at any time.
We,at COMO, are really careful and dedicated to our food and wellness and it is a very important part of experience delivered in everyone of our properties, it means a lot to us that you have valued those at the Met.
We are looking forward to have you back soon, let me know if we can be of assistance. Warm regards, Jorge Monje
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Met is a good hotel and the service is great with attentive staff and nothing is too much trouble.

The breakfast and the spa were the highlights for me. Negatives were not enough loungers by the pool and I didn't like the shower curtain in the bathroom. It's inconsistent with the quality of the hotel and makes for an unpleasant shower experience.

• Stayed November 2012
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Moxo2020,
Greetings from all of us at the Metropolitan, thanks for your nice positive comments and as well for the feedback regarding the shower curtain.
I will look into it immediately, a very small number of our rooms use shower curtains, as most of them are walk in showers, but nevertheless we will check and make sure they are of the appropriate standard. Please accept our sincere apology.
We will share your compliments with all the team and hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon. Warm regards, Jorge Monje
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We booked in to the hotel at 9:30am and was met by the general manager Jorge Monje and director of sales Ba-Wronpak Wachirawarakarn, this gave you a good impression of the hotel and how it was run. We were shown our room which was one of the metropolitan rooms on the 8th floor , the door opened and WOW, I have stayed in a few hotel rooms but this was breathtaking, open, massive, spotless and beautiful. It overlooked the pool and towards Silom and right next door to the the Vertigo Bar. The hotel was set back off the main South Sathorn Road, which made it a quiet yet easy accessable to Bangkok, subways and sky train a short walk. When people say Thailand is the land of smiles, they must have meant this place, the staff were all very polite and smiled and greeted you each time as long lost friend and this really made the hotel. The breakfast was excellent everything you could ask for and anything you want they will do their best to satisfy your request. We saw Jorge each day and he spoke to all the guests on a one to one basis, this really made the hotel, I would like to make a special recommendation to COMO hotels, Jorge is a manager in a million and shows how a hotel should be run and is a credit to your company, I will be staying here again as peaceful, tranquil and an experience all travellers should have had, It made our holiday and one good reminder of our time spent in Bangkok. Thank you so much. PS the beds are to die for, so mush to the point we are going to a shop in Leeds that sell the linen and pillows to purchase them

Room Tip: The metropolitan rooms facing the pool ( as this was the room we had ) were ideal and so much space.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JorgeMonje, General Manager at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Keith, it is so nice to see that you have very good memories of your trip to Bangkok, I hope they will keep you smiling for a very long time.
It has been a real pleasure to have you with us and I would like to thank you for your visit and extremely kind comments. You are right, Thailand without a doubt, the Land of Smiles and we are very lucky to have a team of beautiful caring, people, really happy to know you have enjoyed their company and service.
You made me laugh, I do agree our beds and linen are to die for,I usually receive a comment on that regard every day, at Metropolitan and all our COMO H&R, a lot of care and attention goes into very subtle things that we believe made for an incredible experience, from our rooms to our love for good food and our focus on wellness.
Looking forward to have you back very soon, please let us know if we can be of any assistance.
Warm regards, Jorge Monje
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Metropolitan Bangkok is superior when it comes to service, spa and dining. I was hesitant to leave the hotel to explore Bangkok because I loved my experience so much.
The design of the hotel is gorgeous from the spacious rooms to the world class spa. The staff are professional and the General Manager, Jorge, went out of his way to greet us and to ensure that we had everything we needed for a memorable stay.
Chris Miller of Nahm created the most incredible meal I have ever had - definitely the most superior dining experience in Thai cuisine around the globe. This is a must for anyone visiting Bangkok. We also loved the Maitre' d, Troy, who ensured we had the best dining experience.
Breakfast and lunch in Glow was extraordinary. The food is healthy light and delicious. You feel energized rather than depleted after every meal.
We took advantage of the spa, amazing gym, olympic size swimming pool and yoga studio! What more could you ask for from a hotel?
We will be back! Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ciao Christina, greetings from your home in Bangkok! Thanks a lot for your compliments to Chris and Troy, I'm sure they will be happy to read and know.
We are very grateful for your very kind comments, it makes us happy to know you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated every single thing that makes Metropolitan and all our COMO Hotels what they are, the things that you've mentioned service, spa, dining are of the utmost importance to all of us and probably what really makes us a top hotel, every single thing that it is difficult to capture in a picture, so your comments are especially relevant and welcomed.
Please let us know should you be visiting Bangkok again, we would be happy to welcome you back and meanwhile anything you may need, happy to be of assistance.
Warm regards, Jorge Monje.

Been to Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok? Share your experiences!