Firstly, this hotel has the best pillows that I have ever slept on. If you love to charge around all day and collapse at night, then you will worship these pillows as much as we did. The staff are lovely: friendly and helpful without forcing it. We stayed in a Metropolitan room and I wouldn't change a thing. The rooms are large and modern with a serene feel, whilst avoiding hotel room cliches, and the bathrooms are big,spotlessly clean and have the divine Como Shambala products in them. I normally don't collect hotel shampoos and shower gels but these are seriously good. They smell of rose geranium and eucalyptus.
We arrived at 2.00am and were quickly and efficiently checked in and taken to our room. We showered and ordered room service. We ate the best green papaya salad and galangal, chili and chicken soup. Then we just collapsed on the giant bed with the dreamy goose-down pillows.
Over the next three days we swam in the huge pool, had rejuvenating massages and facials in the spa and ate some amazing traditional Thai chili dishes at Nahm. We also had a great breakfast each day at Glow, which had a wide variety of food and good coffee. I wish we'd had time to use the excellent gym facilities.
I am so glad we stayed at the Metropolitan. The service was outstanding, the location was convenient - it was an easy, level, 10 minute walk to the Skytrain, past street markets and local colour. The overall atmosphere of the hotel is calm, modern and effortlessly stylish.
We will definitely stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel
- Metropolitan Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Metropolitan Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Metropolitan Hotel
- Metropolitan Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok is a 171-room hotel defined by subtle, contemporary design and intuitive, polished service. The Met Bar, a stylish lounge-like bar, serves a comprehensive selection of martini cocktails with visiting live DJs. nahm restaurant serves Thai cuisine from award-winning Australian chef David Thompson whilst glow focuses on an organic, healthful menu. Relaxation is available at COMO Shambhala Urban Escape, comprising Asian-inspired treatments, a gym, Yoga studio and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Expedia, Splendia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel, MrandMrsSmith, EasyToBook, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.