“The Good and the Not so Good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok

You added Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok to your Saves list
Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   291 Soi Naradhiwas Rajanagarindra 24, New Sathorn Road | Chong Nonsi, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Ranked #96 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 490 Reviews
Singapore
“The Good and the Not so Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at Chatrium for 6 days with my family in a 2 bedroom apartment for our holiday.

First the Good-
* The staff are really nice, friendly and helpful. Everyone from the doormen, guards, porters, reception, dining area staff, housekeeping to the technicians, they are always ready with a smile and willing to assist. Special commendations to Ms Suphanna at reception who was always helpful and patient with directions to various attractions and the doormen and guards who were always friendly, attentive and neat in their uniforms despite the blinding heat
*Check-in and check-out was fast and efficient
*The room is big and spacious and the kitchen is well equipped with utensils, cutlery, microwave etc. Housekeeping staff are very good and packed up all our shopping bags and really cleaned up after us.
*Breakfast is good, a large selection which changed alternative days and the dining area is spacious with nice natural light. The dining staff are attentive and very friendly

The Not so Good
* There was a total power blackout in our room 2 times consecutively despite the technician coming to check and repair the first time. The cause was discovered to be the water heater. After fixing it, we finally were able to take a shower.The water temperature started to fluctuate from scalding hot (with smoke) to ice cold. After informing customer service, we requested for the technician to check the following day as it was already late. The situation didnt improve the next day and customer service didnt follow-up.
* While the furnishings were nice, after sitting on the couch and resting on the cushions, we started to itch at the thighs and calves and some rashes formed. I am not sure it had to do with the hygiene or the type of fibre but it would be good if some intensive cleaning could be done.
* Location of the hotel is not ideal especially with the traffic jam situation. The BTS station - Chong Non Si is not nearby. You need to take a taxi there and while there is hotel shuttle, it is once hourly and after 11am, it goes to a shopping mall instead. The shuttle ends by around 6pm. Taking taxis back to the hotel is not easy as many of the drivers did not want or were not sure of the location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear ‘Lissa P’,

Greetings from Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok! Thank you very much for having taken the time to write and post this comprehensive review of your stay with us.

Firstly, it will give me great pleasure to pass on your commendation to our staff members in regards to their friendliness and helpfulness, and especially to Khun Suphanna at the front desk.

Glad to read that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and I was very happy to read of your positive feedback in regards to the room attendant’s job performance.

Of course I will also look into your comments on the ‘not so good’ aspects. It seems that we failed on the follow up part of maintenance issues of guest rooms. I will certainly look into ways to improve on this very important communication aspects between our team and our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please accept my apologies for any disturbance and inconvenience this has caused to you.

As for your comment in regards to cushions and upholstery, we do perform periodic deep-cleaning of each room that includes dry-cleaning of upholstery such as the sofa. Nevertheless, I will attempt to locate your booking with room number so that we can verify whether there is any issue in that particular room.

Again, thank you for your review and for having chosen to stay with us. We truly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed 8 nights in Bangkok, the hotel is very clean, well decorated and flourish. The area with garden and swimming pool is fantastic, the restaurant is quite good. The staff were extremely friendly and polite . I stayed in a suite , high level with beautiful view on the city, quiet and the beds were quite comfortable .All facilities inside the hotel included a wonderful spa …. At 5mn walking there are the BTR, easy and fast to go to the BTS station ….

Room Tip: higher floors and not on the street
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear ‘Veronique L’,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review posted here on tripadvisor.com.

It is always rewarding for all the Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok Team receiving such positive feedback back from our guests. Your positive words about the friendliness and politeness of our staff members were particularly encouraging and will give me pleasure to pass on to them.

I was glad to read that you took advantage of the BRT bus system that is connected to the BTS Skytrain system. While it is indeed possible to walk there, we also provide a complimentary shuttle van service to this BRT bus station.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was stay here on last month, the hotel is very clean, located in the centre of town and near from the food centre. The hotel facility is quite complete, with pool and fitness centre inside. There also has one mini market and playground for children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear ‘Lia C’,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write and post a review here on tripadvisor.com

I was glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay and that you enjoyed our facilities including our free-form swimming pool, the fitness center and the mini-mart.

We truly appreciate that you have chosen to stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed one night at Chatrium residence. The room was large and clean, but I was not happy as it was not ready for check in when I arrived at 4pm and I had to wait 20 minutes.
Otherwise the staff was helpful, and the room arge and very quiet. The hotel is not very close to transport so you'll need to take taxi to move into the city

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear ‘dinacecca’,

Just a short note to say thank you for taking the time to write a review here on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate that you have chosen to stay with us on your 1-night stay in Bangkok.

I was pleased to read of your satisfaction and positive words in regards to the room and our team members and will be pleased to convey this to them.

As for the delay with the check-in I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment caused upon arrival to our property. Rest assured that I will look into this matter with our housekeeping and front office department to find suitable solutions for similar cases in the future. First impressions, as you must well know, are most important and therefore need our urgent attention.

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us.

We truly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Singapore City, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had a great 7 days in Bangkok and this hotel contributed to my wonderful experience. My friends and I stayed in a suite which came with a kitchen, spacious rooms with comfortable beds and a nice living room. The staff were extremely friendly and polite and even gave us recommendations to some eating places and great shopping venues.

Even though the jam in Bangkok can get really bad during peak hours, the hotel's location was great in the sense that it was relatively near the shopping areas such as Terminal 21 and Siam paragon; no more than 10 minutes via Taxi if there is no jam.

The only issue I encountered in the hotel was that the water from the taps and shower were not very strong and its temperature fluctuated frequently from hot to cold back and forth.

Other than that, its a great hotel and I would definitely consider staying in this hotel again the next time I return to Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ‘ZachTan’,

Greetings from Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok! Thank you very much for posting your review here on tripadvisor.com.

Glad to hear that both you and your friends had a great 7-day stay in Bangkok and that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I was particularly pleased to read of your praise in regards to our team members whom you referred to as ‘extremely friendly and polite’. I will definitely share this great feedback to them.

Your point in regards to the water pressure and unstable water temperature has been duly noted and will be addressed with our engineering department for a quick rectification.

Thank you, once again, for your review and for having chosen to stay with us.

Look forward hopefully welcoming you and your party back again soon.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We took an apartment for two nights with my parents and my brother.
The front office staff were really nice and helpful, the room is really nice and clean.
The first morning, nobody told us that the breakfast buffet was about to close so we couldn't get more food, but it's our bad since we went there at 10... The second breakfast was much better. The staff in the whole hotel was really nice and smiling.
The hotel is a little bit far from the BTS and since it's not on the main street it takes more time to get a taxi.
It's a quiet district from of Bangkok which is a really good point.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear ‘Gaelle_Brdt’,

Thank you very much for taken the time to review us here on tripadvisor.com.

We were very happy to have you stay with us during your recent visit to Bangkok with your parents and brother.

Your comments in regards to our staff and particularly the front office team will certainly be shared with them – they will be happy to receive this kind of feedback.

As for the breakfast buffet closing time, I will certainly address this to the restaurant personnel, as they should indeed inform the remaining guests in the restaurant about 15 minutes before closing the buffet line. My apologies for any initial disappointment caused with this.

Once again, thank you for having stayed with us and for your feedback.

We hope to welcome you and your family back in the near future.

Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights and if you don't mind a 15 minute taxi ride to MBK etc then this location is fine. This was the only hotel we stayed in Thailand on this trip that had comfortable beds! Management has likely realised that in general westerners don't like hard beds!

Lovely breakfast spead, nice spacious, clean rooms. We booked through hotels.com and paid only around 1/3 of what we would have paid at Pathumwan Princess where we have stayed previously, at which the facilities are better but the service not as polite.

There is a handy mini mart on site, the prices are a little dearer than at the 7/11's but not so much more as to deter us from purchasing there. We give Chatrium Residence Sathorn 4 stars not 5 because food service pool side whilst welcoming,and served by friendly wait staff,served what I can only describe as awful food & it was expensive! One pizza cost close to 20% the cost of one of our rooms for a night. Please ask kitchen management to find out how to make a good pizza. sauce that tastes like spaghetti bolognase on a limp and soggy wafer thin base is not appetising at all! This was by far the worst food offering of our entire trip. Drinks too were overpriced at this venue compared to surrounding eateries.

We were also frustrated after having booked months in advance, to arrive & be told that our room is in a different tower to our teenage daughters. (there are 7 towers) Eventually we were placed in the same tower but on different floors. They needed to upgrade my husband and I to a 1 bedroom suite to accomodate this (separate bedroom to lounge etc) This was nice but not neccessary as we really only needed to sleep here. This all took up a lot of time & we were very tired & just wanted to get to bed after international flights. This is likely a common problem here as we travelled with friends and the same thing happened to their family at this accomodation. They were not so fortunate. They were taken to smoking rooms in an effort to get rooms close to each other, they reeked! They also ended up a long way from their teenagers in order to be placed in a smoke free room as requested.. Management would do well to address this problem. Check in seems to be a lengthy process in any hotel we have stayed in throughout Thailand. It should not be further complicated with uneccessary delays due to poor planning when allocating guest rooms.

Over all we enjoyed staying here and would return, but we'd need a lot of convincing to try eating at the pool side bar again. Room service was ok. Not sure if it came from the same kitchen as the pizza but then it was Thai food... Over all however this property represented good value for money!

Room Tip: If you want to ensure travel companions are near by then request a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment rather t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ChatriumManager, Manager at Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear ‘silversandsAdelaide’,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write this in-depth review of our property here on tripadvisor.com.

I was pleased to read of your satisfaction with our comfortable beds, the clean rooms, the breakfast buffet and was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and would return.

Your comments in regards to the poolside food and especially the quality of the pizza will certainly be addressed with our kitchen and service team. I can, at this point, only apologize to you and your family for the disappointment and inconvenience caused.

I will surely look into the issue with room allocation you have pointed out in order to satisfy guests’ preferences wherever we can. Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience and frustration this, as well as the lengthy check-in process, has caused to you and your family.

Please rest assured that we will look into your comments and suggestions with our utmost attention as the first impression, including the arrival process, is indeed of paramount importance in the hotel industry.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback and for having stayed with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Resident Manager

Been to Chatrium Residence Sathon Bangkok? Share your experiences!