Just returned from a wonderful romantic 4 nights at the Oriental. Pool and gym staff were especially excellent and congratulations to the terrace restaurant staff who seem instictively to know who is coming onto the terrace to eat and who is just on their way to the river jetty.
If you can tear yourselves away for one night then walk 5 minutes to the States Tower and eat at the Absolutely Fabulous 'Sirocco restaurant' on the 65th floor. Book through the Oriental's concierge, dress glam and you'll get a great table with a staggering view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental