Had a chance to stay at the Mandarin in Bangkok just for one night. What I can say is that one night is far from being enough to experience this "dinosaur" of a hotel to the fullest. You actually need a map to understand where it starts and where it ends!! Still, i'll try my best to write an objective review of my impressions.
First off the hotel lobby is a thing of beauty (picture attached)!!! Staff are in plenty so there is always someone that can help you with whatever you need. At Check-in I had a receptionist escort me to the room to show me around. She was followed by the floor butler (they have a butler for each floor) who also offered help in anything I need. By now, it's probably clear that service wise, this place is flawless. To be honest the only flaw I had with my stay was that it was too short.
Hopefully I'll visit again some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental