“The Best Mandarin Oriental Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok

You added Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   48 Oriental Avenue,Charoenkrung, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Complimentary 3rd Night
Ranked #1 of 782 Hotels in Bangkok
“The Best Mandarin Oriental Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been in many Mandarin Oriental hotels and the one in Bangkok is my favourite. Every single area of the hotel is beautiful, romantic and perfect. The service is amazing and the staff very kind.
It is the only hotel where I like to stay in Bangkok.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MOBangkok, Communications Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear AlbertoCrespo

What an honor to be recognized as “The Best Mandarin Oriental Hotel.” We are so glad to hear how much you and your family enjoyed the luxuries and legendary service at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and we look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ soon! Thank you for your heartfelt recommendation.

Sincerely yours
Communications Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here about fifteen times now at all times of the year. Been there the last three January's.

The service is fantastic, the rooms are good without being fantastic but we always have the same room on the third floor overlooking the river and swimming pool.

Very classy, secluded, special place. Small criticism last January was that the Manager never said hello to us whereas certain other staff remembered us as you would expect from grande dame like this.

Room Tip: Get a room over the swimming pool or facing the river, some rooms back on to the city and are not so...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Luxurytravelmanuk

Thank you very much for a truly glowing review of ‘La Grande Dame!’ We are delighted to hear such wonderful comments about the legendary service, the rooms and the pool. Thank you very much for your continued patronage over the years and we look forward to welcoming you ‘home’ again very soon!

Warmest personal regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We've stayed at The Oriental several times, we can't help ourselves! While the hotel is true luxury, a true Five star property with a wing named for writers (which I really love). This amazing hotel has an ordinary, unpretentious way of being in the world. If you can afford the room (maybe even if you can't), you are treated as though the sun rises with your footsteps, even if you are an American sneaker-wearer, delivered to their door in a chauffeured Mercedes limo from the airport . We can only speak in superlatives when it comes to this hotel! The staff is amazing, beautiful and oh so gentle. Noses are not looked down here, they are opened to a world of splendor, of delight, of spa and wellness, of diversity. Being an early riser, I've noticed the hotel is cleaned and repaired during the darkest hours of the night. The world stops when its guests arrive. The experience makes one wonder, "How on earth is this done!" and "can it be cloned!!" Or is it the people who make this experience extraordinary?

Room Tip: All the rooms we've stayed in have been wonderful. Public spaces are magnificent.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MOBangkok, Communications Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Dottie B

Wow! Thank you very much for this glowing review of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok. I am very pleased to hear all the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel and I am delighted that you had a fantastic time. It’s great that you especially enjoyed the legendary Oriental service, culinary delights and the wellness programs at the Oriental Spa. Thank you for your lovely comments and recommendation, we look forward to welcome you back ‘home’ for another exquisite stay.

Best Regards
Sydney,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I always like to read the negative reviews before I decide to stay in a hotel so I really don't know what those reviewers were thinking! This would have to be one of the best and most pleasant hotels around. Staff were attentive, attractively dressed and polite, rooms were spacious and well presented, clean and comfortable. Every meal we had was good and there was plenty of variety at different price ranges and cuisines with excellent table service. Even though the rates are high we still believe we had value for money and look forward to returning in the future. Thanks to all staff who made our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Pay the most you can reasonably afford - the 'de luxe' rooms looking down river are great. O...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear gadSydney_

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review of Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok! I am delighted to read that you had an amazing stay and that you especially appreciated the legendary service and culinary delights! We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ in the near future.

Kind regards
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

True to the well paid tributes and reputation, The Oriental had proven itself times and times again over many years. Our most recent stay was nothing less than excellent. From the booking service, which I had called. Noted that the room I had stayed previously is still under renovation, Ms. Ananya Utidchalanon from Reservation had kindly suggested alternative room for us. The room turned out to be lovely and suited us well. Our door key was malfunction, and the floor butler who always stationed nearby noted straight away and had that fixed. Every time we leave our room, even for a short breakfast or a short stroll, when returned to room, we always find room service had already came in to take care of towel, replenish water supply and tidy up the place, up to 3 times a day! We never have to put up please clean the room sign. The service at lobby bar was excellent, with generous replenishment of snacks, again without prompting from us. The manager came to chat and check if his staff service was satisfactory. My request for different menu from the near by Authors' Lounge were met with enthusiasm to ensure customer satisfaction. I know that when I stayed at other hotel, the experience can never be compared to the Oriental Bangkok. To me, this is the World Best Hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear thanni999

What an honor to be recognized as the “best hotel in the world!” We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed the luxuries and legendary service at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and we look forward to welcoming you back to ‘La Grande Dame’ in the very near future! Thank you for your heartfelt recommendation!

Sincerely yours
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Being charged US$22 to check your emails is a ripoff. I expect better from a very expensive hotel. It put me in a bad mood straight away. Most top hotels have stopped this stupid practice and offer high speed internet access free.
Its time the Manderin Oriental
joined the 21st Century and included secure, highspeed internet in the room charge.

• Stayed July 2014
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had just completed the "Snowman Trek" in beautiful Bhutan and after 25 days camping I was in need of luxurious rest and repose. I certainly found it at this hotel in spite of a dubious welcome upon arrival. Perhaps it was my somewhat dishevelled appearance! "Are you sure you are at the right hotel" said the fellow, to which I replied "don't be silly, bring my bags to reception"!!!!
After that tiny hiccup, absolutely everything was perfection - the food, the excellent attention from all staff, the luxurious bedroom scrupulously clean. I was particularly impressed by the reception staff who remembered my name when they greeted me as I passed by. I met two Norwegian friends whom I had not seen for several years and to dine with them by the river was fabulous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear therankinfile

Thank you very much for reviewing Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you had such a fantastic time. I regret to hear about your arrival experience; however I am delighted that you experienced the legendary Oriental service, following this incident and throughout your stay.

Please do let us know when your plans bring you back to Bangkok. I would be delighted to personally assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful experience at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok.

Best Regards