I returned to Bangkok for the first time in 10 years, this time on business. This hotel (chosen by the client) made a business trip an absolute treat! I don't think I have experienced service to this standard anywhere in the world. I didn't even have to open my own hotel room door, as the butler for the floor beat me to it every time and greeted me by name.
The rooms are beautifully comfortable, but the best bits of the hotel are outside of the rooms... The pool area is as luxurious as I have experienced, with cool towels and frozen melon balls served to you on settling.
Breakfast is plentiful and even for a business trip, I felt a little on holiday watching the river boats and dining on the freshest of tropical fruits and all measure of breakfast foods (Asian, European, American).
The spa was the highlight - try a thai massage. It's an unmissable experience together with the complementary boat ride to the spa.
The manager holds drinks once a week, and this is not the ordinary 'free cocktail', with thai dancers, lovely guests and conversation, it was again a lovely experience for any vacation never mind a business trip.
In sum, the management here have clearly built a great reputation given their attention to detail in service. One gentleman at the drinks had been coming for 30 years. They are doing something right!! It was a wonderful experience and I strongly hope to return for a real holiday next time.
If you happen to have kids with you (or not!) the aquarium at Paragon Mall is really impressive. You wouldn't believe until you see!
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.