This place was my personal highlight. The benchmark for luxury. Stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed every minute of it! The staff is so attentive and makes you feel very special. This hotel has a very classical, traditional spirit. A very unique, quiet location in the middle of noisy Bangkok. We enjoyed the great breakfast at the river, it was amazing! The boat-taxi was also very convenient and a good opportunity to avoid the terrible traffic in Bangkok. Unfortunately, we had a very tight schedule and couldnt experience the whole accommodation. We will come back, definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental