This is our second visit to the MO BKK... each time we stayed 7 nights. Last visit was in January and this one at the end of May and we are already discussing our next return!!! This hotel is one of the hardest places to leave for several reasons!! The all around quality and sophisticated atmosphere of every aspect in this hotel is uncomparable to anything else in the world!!!
From the dining options with the highest quality and standard to just lounging at the pool.(less crowded in May) The genuine friendliness and courtesy provided by everyone who works here couldn't be more honest and inviting!!!
Lord Jim's is for us one of the major dining highlights in Bangkok! Only problem is it makes it hard to venture out.... It's just perfect in everyway!!! The best white tomato soup you will ever taste!!! You spend lots of moments thinking of ways to get back as soon as possible.
I could go into detail about all the special people working here but that would take pages and previous reviewers have expressed our opinions and positive reflections so I will keep it short!!!
Put the Manderin Oriental Bangkok on your bucket list!
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.