I was here for a five days offsite meeting with my fellow colleagues from across the South East Asia region. This visit was my 2nd to Bangkok after my honeymoon trip five years earlier. As previously I stayed in the Sukhumvit area, coming to the Mandarin Oriental is indeed a different experience. It is more serene and very ideal for those who likes to get away from the megacities hustle and bustle.
I shared the room with my friend but still it is very spacious for 2 people. The view was gorgeous at night as our window faced directly to the Chao Praya river. The boat service was something new to me, ferrying us back and forth to the meeting rooms across the river and at night: the wonderful spa experience and the award winning Mandarin Oriental Spa.
Not only across the river, the uniquely decorated boat also took us to other hotels located on the riverside for those who wants to dine outside. The boat service is only available for hotel guests only.
Breakfast was excellent everyday, having to eat them just on the riverside and enjoying the morning sub and breeze. I highly recommend this hotel for both business or pleasure. Last but not least, the hospitality of the staffs are splendid. I sure will stay here again on my next visit to Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental