Most hotels talk about 5 star service, the MOB delivers!
I just got back from 1 week in Maldives & then spent another in bangkok, my favourite asian city & my first time to Mandarin Oriental.
Service is impecable. For one, alot of hotels talk about having a personal butler for the room but in every case I have found the butler does nothing more then push you to buy expensive dinners & excusions. A true butler looks after you & the room. Everytime we left the room at MOB the room was serviced, 4 or 5 times a day, it didnt matter, when we came back, they had tidyed up. The room staff were impressive.
The restuarant & bar staff were great as well. And the fact that you had to wear long trousers at night & a jacket in the restaurant might come as a shock to my fellow Australians but the MOB is a high quality product & the last thing anyone wants to see is shorts & thongs in the bar.
We got a 4 night special where the last night was free & I thought it was a very good deal.
I thought the food was incredible & the prices reasonable.
Limo to airport was also very good & reasonable price.
I have been to Bangkok at least 10 times & this is the best hotel I have stayed at so we will be going again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental