Wow- it’s comforting to know that you can still count on your stay at Bangkok’s Mandarin Oriental to provide unsurpassed excellence in style, comfort and service. The Oriental (as the locals refer to her) has garnered more awards than Jennifer Lawrence,
ranging from “Best Hotel in the World” to “Urban Spa of the Year”.
Be sure and ask for a suite overlooking the harbor, where all the action takes place.And don't miss High Tea in the colonial Authors' Wing, which has suites named after Somerset Maugham, Noel Coward and James Michener.
The uber comfy feather beads provide a wonderful nights sleep. Also loved that every day the floor butler brought a different tropical fruit bowl. One day, after returning exhausted from a long day of shopping, he tapped on my door to deliver a complimentary sushi pick-me-up. Classy touch is providing guests with a few sheets of personalized gold -embossed stationery.
While lounging by the swimming pool, my “cabana boy” would quietly sneak over to drop off a chilled washcloth and a tall glass of ice water, and, if I was awake, offer to bring me a poolside snack.
I never tired of the alfresco, bountiful buffet breakfast served at the Riverside Terrace where I’d sip my cappuccino as I watched the brightly colored, wooden boats chugging up and down the river, as I tried to decide if I wanted a cooked-to-order omelets or Pad Thai or some other local specialties (and, of course, I would always end up with both).
“Your leisure is our pleasure” is the tagline for their Oriental Spa. The ultimate me-time begins with the fun ferry “cross-river” to the intricately carved teak house with 15 treatment rooms, as well as the Ayurvedic penthouse, a holistic slice of heaven located above the spa, which offers a wide selection of natural healing treatments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental