Steeped in history and nostalgia of a time gone by I read about Jim Thompson here and grew very fond of Thailand, I return as often as I can and the Oriental still has the charm, the peacefulness and the allure that I first saw. The menus are as relaxed or sophisticated as you might want, the decor is just awesme from the lobby through to the Jazz bar and restaurents inside and out. The staff are everything you could want for in a hotel of this standard(attentive, quick, helpful full of advice on travel and general day to day small talk) Plenty of activity watching the river traffic or the people traffic in and out of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental