This was my tenth stay at the Oriental and I was not disappointed. There is no question that this hotel sets the standard for service. The hotel has the most pleasant and caring staff that will do anything in their power to take care of you. Breakfast by the river is my favorite part of the day. The fresh fruit is heavenly. The rooms are not extraordinary unless you go for a suite but thy are clean and well kept. The rooms in the old wing are not for everyone so insist on seeing both types of rooms. 100 years later this hotel holds its own against the greatest in the world. It is a privilege to be a guest at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Otel, EasyToBook, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental