Having been a visitor to this Grand Dame twice, I swore to myself I would return no longer as a visitor, but as a guest. And so my partner and I booked ourselves a room for two nights and three days to attend the South East Asian Write Awards which was held at the Royal Ballroom and to celebrate my partner's 35th birth anniversary. Arriving at the hotel by taxi, we were greeted with warm and genuine smiles and greetings, followed by offerings of fragrant flowers. We were then ushered to our room which faced the French Embassy and the famous Chao Phraya river. Upon entering, we saw our King sized bed swathed in Thai silk and bed linens that felt like it had a million thread count. It seemed like they knew why were staying at the hotel because from the moment we changed our clothes to something more comfortable, the new Executive Chef Stefan Trepp, together with an assistant and our floor butler, we were given a table of sumptuous fruits, a delicately carved Watermelon etched with our names on it, fine chocolates, French macaroons, a Dragon boat made from white chocolate, strawberries which were hand dipped in both white and milk chocolate and a chilled bottle of Champagne!
We then decided to take a dip in their two swimming pools and explore the facilities of the hotel. It was difficult to leave the hotel as there were so many activities and restaurants to experience. Their offerings continued on with more gifts, such as two birthday cakes, fresh flowers and more fruits! Our room was regularly kept clean even if we didn't ask them to make our room. Everyone knew our names and everyone treated us like VIP guests. We realized that all the guests of the hotel were treated the same way. That's what we loved about MO Bangkok, consistently impeccable service and professional care was given to all guests. This hotel truly deserves to be at the top of the list of Tripadvisor's best ranked hotel in all of Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1876 and ideally located on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, has been an inspiration to a host of world-renowned writers from Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maughamto Wilbur Smith and John Le Carre. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok boasts an international reputation for splendid service, style and grace and facilities including eight restaurants. The hotel's private teakwood shuttle boats provide daily access to the world famous Thai Cooking School, the hotel's Thai restaurant, the award-winning Oriental Spa and Health Centre located across the River; as well as the nearest skytrain station (SaphanTaksin) and River City Shopping Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Oriental Bangkok
- Oriental Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Mandarin Oriental