“Short stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BelAire Bangkok

You added BelAire Bangkok to your Saves list
BelAire Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Sukhumvit Soi 5, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Formerly Bel-Aire Princess) (Wattana)   |
Special Rate
BEST OFFER EVER!!
Ranked #166 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
England
“Short stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice for three nights at a time as part of a multi-city break, it seemed best to review both rooms as a single post:

First room: Hotel checkin was swift & efficient, I don't do credit cards so had to leave B1000 deposit against room charges. (Be sure to get a receipt!) I was informed 'Guests' may be taken to the room, but incur a charge of B1000 a night. The room had a minibar, bathroom goodies, safe, tea/coffee making stuff. TV with remote. Universal power adaptor at desk. Shaver sockets 110v & 220v in bathroom. Good lighting. Carpet, not tiles. Telephone & lighting control console between the beds. The console also controlled the airconditioning, which was effective. The beds have very firm mattresses. The window goes right up to the wall, unfortunately the curtain doesn't, so the sun shines brightly into the room early in the morning if the room faces the back of the hotel like mine did. The clock on the bedside console showed the wrong time, there was no way to correct this, luckily I always travel with my own travel alarm clock. This hotel has somewhere around 18 floors, but the lift is surprisingly fast.

Second room: Checked in as before, B1000 cash deposit for room charges. As I had stayed at this hotel (10 days) before, they gave me a free room upgrade. This time on the opposite side of the hotel, on the 11th floor, at the front overlooking the pool. Still had the same problem with the curtains not blocking out the morning sun, but at least as the sun rose facing the other way it wasn't so bright... Also had the same issue with the bedside console clock being wrong, this time I mentioned it to reception, who had it corrected promptly. The bathroom goodies as before, but also two toothbrushes, a razor, and a comb. A small bowl of fresh fruit, and some sweets in a small packet on each bed. I had a late flight back home, so paid B1000 for an extension on the room, to checkout before 6pm. But they also have a changing room, I think this would have been free to use, so worth considering.

I didn't have breakfast at the hotel, so can't comment, but I did have a club sandwich for lunch which was a good size. However the pot of tea I had with it was weaker than Heineken beer, so I stuck to coffee at the bar after that, which was OK. Be aware that the prices in the hotel restaurant menu don't include vat at 7% plus service charge at 10%, this is shown in the small print at the foot of the page, but I felt that this was misleading all the same. The bar has a happy hour.

Taxi from airport to hotel: time about 50 minutes. On the first trip, the driver paid the tolls and gave an all-in price of B400. Second trip, the driver asked me for the change to pay the tolls, the price was then B300 without the tolls which I had paid for. So make sure to get some small change before leaving the airport, you will need: B25 for one toll, B45 for the other. By the way: it's MUCH cheaper to change sterling to baht at Bangkok airport than here in the UK, likewise to get rid of any left over baht at the end of your holiday. Just make sure not to get any notes bigger than B500. I gave both drivers B50 tip, they seemed happy with that. The hotel can book a taxi transfer from the hotel to the airport, this will cost B650. Time from hotel to airport: 40 minutes at 2pm on a Friday. But this was the tail end of the rainy season, so not so busy as it would be at Loy Krathong or Christmas time.

The hotel is situated on a side street off of Sukhumvit Road, opposite from Soi 4/Nana. There are three small convenience stores in the same street, a minute or so walk to Sukhumvit road and you'll find plenty of street market stalls, restaurants, & shops. Turn left at Sukhumvit road and carry on walking to Soi 19/21 for the 'Terminal 21' airconditioned shopping mall.

Overall a good hotel, good location, good rooms at the price I paid through a travel agent. They need to sort out those curtains though, I could do without being woken up at 6am by sunlight coming in the window when I'm on holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front get less sunlight in the morning.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kennedy K, Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear manchoy,

Good day!

Thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor. We value guest comments as these serve as a measure of our performance and help us improve on our weaknesses. Thank you for identifying our strong points, and we shall also look into the weak points for further improvement.

I have conveyed your points about the curtains and in-room clock to our Housekeeping Team. Rest assured these items will be looked into for our own improvement and eventual satisfaction of our guests.

Please feel free to contact us once again should there be any other matter that you need us to look into. And we hope to see you again at Bel-Aire on your next visit to Bangkok!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

the property is located in an excellent place - near to the BTS train station,NANA,close to FOODLAND, a chic supermarket where it is possible to buy virtually all necessities 24/7. It is also very close to another landmark GULLIVER'S TAVERN, an upmarket pub which is well patronised at all hours of the day and evening.What is strikingly distinct is that you are "transported" to the middle east while you are in Bangkok - the sheesha shops, the dona kebabs, egyptian,iranian,dubai, and morrocan restaurants,arab touriss in their ethnic dresses,the ladies in burkhas and the money changers fereely exchanging dirhams, dinars and riyals - so reminicent of the middle east.
back to the subject property the rooms are huge at 35sq metres, very updated and clean.The beds are excelently fitted with comfortable mattresses There is a beautifu pool on the third level, a little underutilised, understably, because people do not go to bangkok to swim and laze around by the poolside as there is so much to do in terms of sightseeing and entertainment, not to underestimate the awsome thai cuisine.

the staff are just amazing, from the doorman to the front office manager. each was more impressive than the other for their courtesy,smiles and helpfulness.response to the smallest of needs is prompt.

the rooms are good value for money and i can recommend it to all. with good security arrangements it is safe and pleasant place for families.

connectivity is a breeze. taxis are plying day and night in soi 5. several taxis and tuk tuks stations themselves in fron t of the hotel and as long as you negotiate skilfully and politely they are a way to go/ for the initiated and the adventurous the BTS and the bus service is reachable within ten minutes walk. I recommend trying out these means of transport to get a real flavour of thai living.

Room Tip: all the rooms are quite and it depends whether you want some city view which means requesting a high...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear rajamanu,

Good day!

We are delighted to know you had a great stay with us, satisfied with our services and enjoyed the hotel facilities. Our hotel is located in Sukhumvit Soi 5, an area frequently visited by Middle Eastern guests. Restaurants and bars are just within walking distance from the hotel.

Thank you for commending our Bell Service Team and Front Office Manager for their courtesy and prompt service. I have conveyed your message to the team to their delight.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.
On your next visit to Bangkok, we hope to see you again at Bel-Aire!

Kind regards,
sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

i stayed here for two nights in november this year. on my booking it stated the following:
Deluxe 36 Sq.meters-1 Double Bed And 2 Queen Beds-

now to me, that means 3 large beds. imagine my surprise when I get to the room and discover its three single beds for 3 adults and 2 kids. having arrived at 8pm at night after 12 hours of travelling i was simply not in the mood to go and argue with reception, so i just stayed put. but it was very disappointing as i did NOT get what i paid for. as such i have rated the value and rooms as terrible as i simply didnt get what i paid for,

otherwise the hotel was good, location was great, breakfast was definitely over priced for what there was. staff were friendly and helpful, and arranging travel back to the airport was simple enough. my daughter loved the pool.

Room Tip: make sure you get what you pay for.....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Redcliffe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here from 27 October 2012 for 2 nights. It was our honeymoon! The hotel upgraded us to the top floor and put us in one of their suites which they said was their best room. It was fantastic we were given a cake and a fruit basket. Room was clean and bed was comfy.

Staff were lovely, allowed us to check in at 10am, our next stop was Pattaya and they arranged their hotel driver to drive us to our hotel in Pattaya.

Hotel is in an excellent location close to the sky train and only minutes away from all the big shopping centres. Lots of bars and restaurants close by.

We would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrea D,

Greetings from Bel-Aire Princess!

Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay with us. We take pride of our staff who provides warm, friendly service to our guests. And for special occasions, we do provide simple but lovely tokens to make the event much more memorable for our guests.

Team Bel-Aire sends their appreciate to you and your family. We all hope to welcome you back very soon to our doors!

Best regards,
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went on a bachelor's weekend and this was a great find since it is centrally located off Sukhumvit and within walking distance of the Sky train stop and other "attractions". There is also a convenient supermarket in the lane. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable and clean. There is no view but that is true of most of Bangkok. It is mostly a concrete jungle. There are lots of massage parlours in the lane (kosher and not so.....). The hotel also has massage services as room service. Some of our group tried it and were extremely satisfied. I would recommend this hotel as super value for money but not neccessarily as a family hotel due to the location which seems pretty racey. We had breakfast which was adequate without being over the top and a thai lunch which was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kennedy K, Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear GoogleEyedTraveller,

Warm greetings from Bel-Aire Princess!

We are happy to have received your feedback through TripAdvisor, and we are glad you had a wonderful stay with us. As I always mention to our returning guests, we take pride of our staff's service matched with good value for money. And thank you for recognizing these strengths.

Once again, thank you for your support and recommendation. We do hope to see you again in Bel-Aire Princess very soon!

War regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel was very clean and welcoming after a 13 hour flight! The hotel staff was very friendly! I would definitely stay there again, and it is a good value for what you pay. Free bottled water and wifi is provided daily. You can pay for a buffet breakfast, but we found a cute breakfast place down the street. It is close to the sky train and several restaurants (Thai and familar fast food chains: Starbucks and McDonalds-if you get a craving for home). It is a little far from some of the attractions, but it was a great place to stay for me and my friends!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lhigh84,

Good day!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel facilities and services. Bel-Aire Princess is indeed conveniently located along Sukhumvit Soi 5, just walking distance to the BTS Nana Skytrain Station. In-house guests get to have unlimited free wi-fi connectivity.

My team members are all glad to know you had a great stay with us. On your next visit to Bangkok we do hope to welcome you back!

Best regards,
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I recently used this hotel for the first 3 nights of a holiday in Bankok, Australia and Singapore. Without doubt, the service provided by the staff at this hotel was the best we received in these 3 countries. We were celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary, and the hotel provided a surprise cake complete with anniversary card. Please pass our thanks onto all involved in this treat!
We booked a number of tours through the front desk, and were provided with an individual car, driver and tour guide who provided an excellent service.
Happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennedy K, Manager at BelAire Bangkok, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Brian Q,

Good day!

On behalf of our team members, I would like to say thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent stay with us. The team is all so glad that you are most satisfied with our service, even compared to other hotels outside Thailand. Your kind words of satisfaction will highly motivate our team members, whom I am very proud of.

Once again, we wish you a happy anniversary! We are confident that Bel-Aire Princess remains your choice of hotel when visiting Bangkok!

Warm regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to BelAire Bangkok? Share your experiences!