“Great hotel if you are visiting Bangkok Patana School” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dusit Princess Srinakarin

You added Dusit Princess Srinakarin to your Saves list
Dusit Princess Srinakarin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53 Srinakarin Road | Nongbon, Pravet, Bangkok 10250, Thailand   |
Ranked #202 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Great hotel if you are visiting Bangkok Patana School”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed here in December 2011 as it was close to BPS where our children were competing in a swim meet. The hotel was full of school children from various countries all taking part in the same event. Somehow the hotel managed to cope with high volumes of traffic in the buffet restaurant, and still delivered great service and really tasty food. The big advantage of this hotel is its location so we avoided the worst of the Bangkok traffic as we travelled back and forth. If I was visiting Bangkok to shop or sightsee I would prefer a more central hotel, but the next time my kids are busy at BPS I will definately stay here again. They did a great job in what could have been very difficult circumstances.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the floors that have been renovated
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
BhadaSinhaphalin, General Manager at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Susan B.,

Greetings from Dusit Princess Srinakarin Bangkok!

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on our Tripadvisor page. I am greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to share your happiness to us and I am very delighted to know that you will be returning to our hotel again. It is also my pleasure to know that you have returned home safely.

I am glad to know that you have had the happy time by our services while staying with us at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok. My staffs were indeed very happy when I shared your compliments with them as there is nothing more motivating than to be recognized for providing exceptional services and I am sure that this compliments will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

In regard to your comments relating to the location, in fact, there are three big shopping malls located nearby our hotel; Seacon Square, Paradise Park and Central City Bangna which are the biggest malls in Eastern Bangkok. Moreover, there is also the Ancient City, located in Samutprakarn province, which takes about 30 minutes from the hotel to the sight. These could be other choices that you may want to consider as to avoid traffic congestion in Central Bangkok.

Additionally, as a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe room on your next visit. I will assure you improved services and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. Please direct your reservation to my Executive Secretary, her contact details are outlined below, and I will oversee your reservation personally.

Contact details:
Chantima Likkachai
Executive Secretary
Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok Thailand
53 Srinakarin Road, Nongbon, Pravet Bangkok 10250
Phone: +66(0) 2721 8400 l Fax: +66(0) 2721 8428
E-mail: dpsbgmsec@dusit.com

Susan B., thank you once again for sharing your experience to us and we are looking forward to welcome you again at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok in the future.

Area Director (Thailand)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sandringham, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Have visited BKK, on many occasions and nearly always stay at the Dusit Princess. The welcome on check in has always been great, with a drink and a warm welcome back. The employees always looked smart in their uniforms. However now there is no welcome drink and it is hard to tell an employee from a guest as they are wearing Polo shirts, this is especial difficult in the restaurant as one doesn't know if one is calling a staff member, or another guest. Sometimes cutting corners one can cut too much. And I think this time they have.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Imkennedy

Greetings from Dusit Princess, Srinakarin Bangkok!

Thank you very much for your kind responded to our Tripadvisor page, I am greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to share your recent happy staying experience with us and I am delighted to that you have return home safely with happy memories of your time in Thailand.

Regarding to the problem you had experienced upon arrival, please accept my sincere apologies for the incomplete service. However, welcome drinks will be re-introduced again in January 2012. Please be assured that all aspects mentions have been addressed with the Front Office Manager as well as the Director of Food and Beverage in which every effort will be made to prevent a repetition in the future. In addition, please allow me to inform you that those staffs in polo shirts are actually our trainees, whom do not have the same uniforms as the actual staffs. Please kindly accept my sincere apology if we have caused you any misunderstanding during your stay with us.

In summary, the standard of service we offered you on this occasion fell short of the high standards we set for ourselves, and which our guests expect of us. We are extremely sorry that we disappointed you and will strive to ensure such shortcomings are not repeated.
Imkennedy, thank you once again for sharing your experience to us and we are looking forward to welcome you again at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok in the future.

Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I travelled here with a group of 30 people (children and adults) and found their service here fantastic from start to finish.

Facilities great, staff excellent and price agreeable.

Definately will stay here again.

Room Tip: Back rooms overlooking the pool offer better views.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
BhadaSinhaphalin, General Manager at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear Clairecim675

Thank you very much for sharing your recent happy staying experience with us and I am delighted to hear that you have returned home safely.

It is my pleasure to know that you have had joyful times with our services while staying with us at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok. My staffs were indeed very happy when I shared your compliments with them as there is nothing more motivating than to be recognized for providing exceptional services and I am sure that this compliments will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Clairecim675, thank you once again for sharing your experience to us and we are looking forward to welcome you again at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok in the future.

Worldwide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Fourth or fifth time staying at DPS, last time was about two years ago. In the interim they've really transformed the place - rooms, lobby, conference, etc. I was quite impressed, remembering it from before. Stayed on business but would certainly recommend for leisure as well, if its location suits you. Very good service with competent English-speaking staff, from front desk to the rest. Breakfast one of the best ever at a hotel, 5 star or not. Room I stayed in was on 'street side' but with fan on low or even off you could hardly hear the traffic. Meaning you could listen to the news (TV) without the road interfering too much. Overall quite happy despite being a customer who expects quality.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear BrianandElla

BrianandElla, thank you once again for sharing your experience to us and we are looking forward to welcome you again at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok in the future.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

A pleasant hotel with good hospitality and comfort. Spacious rooms and nice amenities.The food is nice at the restaurant however should try the different restaurants at the shopping malls beside the hotel for other choices. Good for business travelers however it's a bit far from the tourist attraction areas and the public train station which goes to the town center.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BhadaSinhaphalin, General Manager at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Jcdin

In regard to your comments relating to the location, in fact, there are three big shopping malls located nearby our hotel; Seacon Square, Paradise Park and Central City Bangna which are the biggest malls in Eastern Bangkok. These could be considered for those who may want to avoid the traffic congestion in Central Bangkok.

Jcdin, thank you once again for sharing your experience to us and we are looking forward to welcome you again at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok in the future.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Dusit Princess is good for holding conferences or business meetings. The staff are generally friendly and helpful. Food at the main cafeteria is of good quality. The hotel also offers free wifi. The Seacon Shopping Mall is right next to the hotel

However I won't recommend it to to those coming as tourists.

Firstly, it is too far off from the main shopping area (ie MBK, Siam Paragon, Pratunam). You may be able to get a cab there, but getting one back would be tough as most cab drivers won't want to make the long trip. This is a personal experience.

Secondly, for those who like exploring a new city on their own by public transport, Dusit Princess is again too far from the nearest train station (BTS). You need to get a cab there, which takes around 20 minutes.

The above 2 problems can be mitigated by leasing a driver to bring you around. But that in my opinion isn't worth the premium to pay.

• Stayed November 2011
DPSrinakarinBKK, General Manager at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Dear Azzurrii

I am glad to know that you have had happy times by our services while staying with us at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok. My staffs were indeed very happy when I shared your compliments with them as there is nothing more motivating than to be recognized for providing exceptional services and I am sure that this compliments will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Azzurrii, thank you once again for sharing your experience to us and we are looking forward to welcome you again at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok in the future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

1st time in Dusit Princess Srinakarin and we highly recommend it. Staffs are warm,friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. Buffet served int the restaurant was good and the desserts/ pastries are really yummy. Location was convenient as there is a shopping malls nearby and away from traffic congested areas. (Also ideal for short trip as it only apprx 30 mins to airport). Value for money and looking forward to return to this hotel whenever in Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
DPSrinakarinBKK, General Manager at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Kelly C

Thank you very much for sharing your recent happy staying experience with us and I am delighted to hear that you have returned home safely with happy memories of your time in Thailand.

Kelly C, thank you once again for sharing your experience to us and we are looking forward to welcome you again at Dusit Princess Srinakarin, Bangkok in the future.

Area Director (Thailand)

Been to Dusit Princess Srinakarin? Share your experiences!