“Great location and value for money Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pathumwan Princess Hotel

You added Pathumwan Princess Hotel to your Saves list
Pathumwan Princess Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   444 Phayathai Rd, | Wangmai, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Extra 10% off Suites
Ranked #36 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
England
“Great location and value for money Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2006

I stayed at this hotel in November with 2 friends.

When we initially checked in, we were told that we had a two single beds and a rollaway bed. We did not think that this was acceptable, as we had paid per person to stay in the room, so the hotel were very good and put us in a room with two king beds, without hesitation.

The hotel is in a fantastic location with the sky train just across the road and the MBK shopping centre connected to the hotel.

The staff were very friendly, breakfast was great the the hotel spa was out of the this world (we all had a thai aromatherapy massage).

I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2006

I stayed four nights here with a group of eight. We all paid a little extra for the corner rooms.

The location
There was a big shopping mall attached to the hotel and by walking through that mall, you reach the nearby sky train station. Although I said nearby, there was still more than six minutes walk. The good thing was, you walk inside an air-conditioned mall. You could also walk through the mall to the Siam Center, Siam Discovery Center and then the Siam Paragon.

Room
Corner room was a bit bigger than the standard room and have window on two sides. The room decor was alright but not tasteful. The bathroom was clean and functional. Don't expect any luxury inside the room. No need to upgrade to the corner room with a cost.

Lobby
Huge lobby but the sofa were always occupied.

We only had breakfast here. Huge selection of food and lots of people. Still enjoyable.

Facilities
Tantara Spa
I tried three massages here. One was good and two were just average. All were reasonably priced.

Pool
Good pool and hot whirpool.

Gym
Big and well equiped.

Average only.

In global standard, this was not a bad hotel and in fact you could easily categorized it good. But in Bangkok standard, this hotel deserved an 'average' only. Having said that, I am not saying that this was a bad hotel and people should stay away from it. As the hotel standard in Bangkok is very high, one could easily find another as good or even better hotels. What made this hotel stands out is its price.

It was a really good value hotel. If you are picky tourist or used to luxurious 5 star hotel, this hotel is not your cup of tea. If you are easy going and looking for middle to low-price accommodation, this hotel is a perfect match.

• Liked — Facilities
  • Tips/Secrets — Higher floor for better views
  • Stayed October 2002, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2006

We stayed at the Pathumwan Princess for 3 nights in Nov 06. Great hotel, fantastic location close to sky train station.
Bedrooms good. Big plus is the large outdoor swimming pool.
Good breakfast, with attentive staff.
Could not fault.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Northamptonshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2006

The Pathumwan's coup is it's location! If you want to a shopping trip to BKK you don't get any better than this as it's located at the opposite end of MBK to Tokyu and the Skytrain, and across the road from Siam Sq, Siam Discovery Centre, and Siam Paragon. It's also in a great location for access to the Skytrain (in my view the only way to travel around BKK - given the state of the busy roads!).

The room was large, clean and complete with everything you needed (though I'd agree that I've seen better bathrooms). The hotel itself is modern and very stylish - the lobby area and bar are great!

And don't miss the cakes and cappucinos on offer at the lobby cafe! Woah - possibly the best cakes in Asia!! Try the blueberry cheesecake and the sacher torte.

• Liked — Proximity to the shops/skytrain
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the cakes!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
Queensland Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2006

It was the first time in Bangkok and used the reviews to base my choice. Absolutly loved the hotel. It is beautiful and the attention to details like flowers everywhere really pleased the eyes and the soul. Service was great and prompt but not overbearing. Our room on the 9th floor overlooking the pool was spacious and bright with large window, bathroom was good too. Breakfast is not to be missed as it set us for the day. Mostly the location on top of a huge shopping centre catered to all our shopping needs from cheap bargains to beautifull jewellery. The food plaza has great choice and unbeatable prices with good quality food. One floor is entirely dedicated to mobile phones and Ipods with good bargains to be done. Recommend a night river cruise with banquet very romantic!!! We are planning another trip there but next time we will pack light so we can buy more.

• Liked — convenience, close to everything
  • Disliked — everything was great
  • Tips/Secrets — bargain for great prices
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Penshurst NSW Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2006

I stayed at PPH from 27th October to 5th November 2006. This was my 4th trip to Bangkok however as I had not been there for a number of years I relied on the reviews in Tripadviser when making my choice of hotel. Most of the reviews for the Pathumwan Princess Hotel were positive and going on that I booked the hotel - WOW what a wonderful choice of hotel. This hotel is SUPERB.

My 17th floor de-luxe room was quite large with floor to ceiling windows giving me a fabulous view over the city both day & night, with a large well appointed bathroom with a bath and separate shower (most unusual in a hotel), a set of scales so that I could keep weighing my bag to ensure I did not exceed my airline weight allowance.

ROOM SERVICE was unbelievable - quick and great quality food at a reasonable price. This was a girls shopping holiday and my friend and I decided to have the buffet meal in the Citi Bistro restaurant in the hotel one night - what a great choice on our part - we received the most amazing service from the best staff I think I have ever encountered in a hotel restaurant. The choice of food was incredible and so delicious.

The manager of the hotel was very visable and seemed to be always walking around the hotel checking that everyone was happy. Breakfast each morning was also very good - we stayed in the hotel for 9 days and seemed to be able to find something different each morning to have for breakfast. The hotel being situated within the MBK centre was an added bonus for great shoppers like my friend and I and we also had some great meals at the restaurants in MBK. When I go to Bangkok again this is where I will stay and I will encourage anyone I know who is going to Bangkok to stay there. I would also encourage travellers to Bangkok to go to the Tiger Temple which is a great day trip and an all round amazing experience and to do the cooking course at the Baipai Thai Cooking School - both not to be missed and both can be booked at the hotel travel desk.

• Liked — Room was large with a great view
  • Disliked — Bed was a bit hard.
  • Tips/Secrets — Must eat in the Citi Bistro restaurant because of the amazing service and food
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2006

I travelled to Bangkok in October 2006 with my partner and our 1 year old daughter.

After reading all the reviews, we decided to stay at the PP for 4 nights before going to a beach resort (Hua Hin Mariott Resort).

The hotel is fantastic, friendly staff, nice clean rooms, complimentary mineral water in the room, as in Thailand tap water is no drinking water.

What I loved about the hotel is the relaxing atmosphere, its great modern design, lots of glass and marble.

The location is absolutely great! And as it has been said before, the MBK Shopping Center just next door and other major shopping center nearby (Siam Center, Siam Paragon Center etc...)

Nice breakfast in the morning with everything one needs (Intercontinental, Asian, Fresh juices, pastries, sausages, eggs etc....)

Our daughter loved it there, the pool is not really nice for infants unfortunately. If you love sports, the gym is great!! Apparently the best in Bangkok, you get a complimentary towel and headphones.

Don't hesitate, just go for it! You won't regret it. The PP is my hotel from now on when going to BKK.

Ps: It is true that the beds are a bit but hard it didn't bother us a lot.

• Liked — Location, service, food, room.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pathumwan Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!