We have recently returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel on our way home from Koh Samui. My husband booked it directly with the hotel itself and we weren't dissapointed!! The room was amazing, we paid slightly more for an upgraded room on one of the upper floors and it was well worth it. The hotel is currently having work done to upgrade the rooms and the only slight gripe we had is that we could hear drilling in the early evening which won't suit everyone if you are siesta people and like a nap before you venture out in the evening! The room had a fantastic view of Bangkok, especially in the evening, mornings were slightly smoggy! The staff were friendly,efficient and very helpful. We were met with a cool drink and a hot towel whilst we were booking in. The bathroom was well stocked with tolietries and a newspaper was delivered every morning. The MBK centre was just off the 1st floor and you walked straight into it from the hotel. It was quite an experience looking at all the different things on offer. We bought scalves, jewellery and some shirts but it's best to have a good look round and check the quality of what you are buying as there is lots of choice and some goods are better quality than others. If you look dissinterested when you ask the price it will soon come down a bit!! For anyone who has never been to Thailand the Thai people are wonderful! They are polite, respectful, well mannered and very hard working! At night on the walkway to the sky train there is a market of sorts with jewellery and t-shirts on sale, the sky train is very easy to get around on and we ventured out to various districts to see what else was going on. There are night markets but these are a nightmare!! We went to one on the first night and the humidity is unbearable, the pavements are crowded with stalls selling the same things, you can't see where your walking and the pavements are almost non-existent, it's not a pleasant experience!! We used the river boats to go to the temples and Chinatown, it's pretty straightforward with a map and there's always someone who'll give you directions if you get a bit lost! The hotel was a great base for our 4 day stay although Bangkok was incredibly hot and humid which did make it very uncomfortable. We would stay here again if we used Bangkok as a stop over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious 5-star Pathumwan Princess Hotel, located in the heart of Bangkok, adjacent to MBK shopping center, offers direct access to National Stadium skytrain station, and is only a few steps to the Siam Square shopping district. Facilities include award-winning chic restaurants; including Korean fine-dining, rustic Italian alfresco dining, traditional Thai and international buffet. Contemporary ballroom and function rooms accommodate up to 300 persons and overlook the tropical 25-metre swimming pool. The hotel’s Olympic Club, with 9,000 square metres of fitness and sports space includes tennis and squash courts. Tantara Health Spa is a haven for health and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pathumwan Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel Bangkok
- Pathumwan Princess Bangkok