“Great place in downtown BKK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pathumwan Princess Hotel

You added Pathumwan Princess Hotel to your Saves list
Pathumwan Princess Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   444 Phayathai Rd, | Wangmai, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Extra 10% off Suites
Ranked #36 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Girona
“Great place in downtown BKK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great place for a business stay in BKK. Excellent range of in house restaurants, lovely al fresco breakfast, great pool and fitness center and a hop away from National Stadium and Siam BTS station. Great late evening shopping at MBK accessible straight from the Hotel from either the lobby or a guest dedicated access on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Facing Siam Discovery or Chulangorkorn University. Great views!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The location is so good that next to MBK shopping Mall + convenient to take train station. Room is clean, comfortable. Even u can take train to chakuchat market by taking the first train. MBK food court best for relax after your shopping. If u are lucky, u are able to hear the live band

• Stayed May 2013
Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Pathumwan Princess on a stopover< checking in at 8am in the morning may have posed a problem for some hotels but not princess We were told our room was ready. Unfortunately during my stay, my husband was rushed to hospital with the assistance of the hotel management. My stay kept being extended with the hotel always checking on how I was doing. My husband passed away and the support I got from the hotel was overwhelming, no hotel bill,and a beautiful card signed by all staff I will certainly be returning to this hotel.Thank you to management front desk staff the business centre and the night manager

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had a stop over here last week. It has been almost ten years since we last visited Bangkok, and that time we stayed in backpacker accomodation, so for a five star promise, I was expecting great things.
Granted, this hotel is modern, lovely, clean and very central. The location and access to the MBK centre was a double plus.
I wasn't convinced by the breakfast range or variety, but eating by the pool was very relaxing start to the day. The room was large with a comfortable bed and choice of pillows. The bathroom had a frightening window open to the rest of the room, mercifully found the curtain control fairly sharply as no one wants to share loo time (or do they? Call me a fuddy)
The power blacked out on a couple of occasions, and the internal pa system piped lift music into our room for about 45 minutes. This was odd, but would be an effective service to encourage people to check out on time.
The staff came around to check on this. No explanation or apology was given, and it ceased as suddenly as it commenced.
My main enthusiasm was for the shower. I may have praised showers previously, but I take it all back. The shower was a whopping great big square head that rained on you like a warm tropical waterfall. Bliss. (as per a previous reviewer, it did splash a bit onto the floor, a slightly longer shower door would sort this)

Overall, good, but just not...great.

australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here with 3 others in 2 rooms from the 14th to the 21st August 2013...first impressions are fantastic...bell boys,concierge and security were brilliant and friendly..security were not in your face,they have a important job to do to protect everyone but they went about it very discreetly always smiling,respectful and friendly..check in was a little slow and the staff at reception could have been friendly but I didn't let it bother me..rooms were great..I was on 17th floor..cleaning staff were always welcoming and very friendly...beds and pillows were very comfy..breakfast was easy and great..no waiting to get a table at any time...pool was good..although staff at pool were very strict,it got a little bothersome when my friend who bought one alcoholic drink at the supermarket intending to drink in the room we decided to meet up with the other 2 in the pool area for 5 minutes on way up to our room..she decided to just drink her drink at the pool..it was only 5 minutes but one of the staff came over to her and told her off quiet badly and took her half finished drink of her...it was no big deal consuming a alcoholic drink there when it was her intention to drink it in her room in the first place..but it was only a little bother on what was a great stay...I had a little accident in the smoking area on the 8th floor when a swinging type chair collapsed and the metal pole landed on my face when I went down with the chair part...it was my fault not the chair but the staff there were brilliant about it..getting me a ice pack for my cheek bone straight away..even making a few jokes about it every time they saw me throughout my stay..they cared genuinely..I recommend this hotel,for shopping,food,getting around is easy with all the major places close by..touts outside for tuk tuk or taxis were not a bother for me..they were friendly and I politely refused there cheap tuk tuk rides to gem or tailor shops..they are only trying to make a living..they will not hurt you..be polite and no problem...and it's hot in bangkok !!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We are staying at this hotel on our way back to Australia. It is a stunning place,the rooms are big and very clean. They even come in the early evening to see if you want clean towels.
The breakfast is the best I have seen in any hotel in any country that I have been to.
It is not a very expensive hotel which when you see it you wonder why. Everyone is friendly and most speak English .
It is connected to one of the biggest shopping complexes and believe me you will get lost in that place.
We are returning to this hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel have a great access to shopping mall, sky train, so strategic for visitors.
Love the room, services, and the food are great. The staff are so friendly and my family love the facilities
for sure this hotel is one of my favorite when i visit and stay in bangkok.
I stayed here with my family for a week and enjoyed so much ;)
Well hopefully you have a wonderful experience like I do :D

Stayed August 2013

Been to Pathumwan Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!