“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pathumwan Princess Hotel

You added Pathumwan Princess Hotel to your Saves list
Pathumwan Princess Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   444 Phayathai Rd, | Wangmai, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Extra 10% off Suites
Ranked #36 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We are staying at this hotel on our way back to Australia. It is a stunning place,the rooms are big and very clean. They even come in the early evening to see if you want clean towels.
The breakfast is the best I have seen in any hotel in any country that I have been to.
It is not a very expensive hotel which when you see it you wonder why. Everyone is friendly and most speak English .
It is connected to one of the biggest shopping complexes and believe me you will get lost in that place.
We are returning to this hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel have a great access to shopping mall, sky train, so strategic for visitors.
Love the room, services, and the food are great. The staff are so friendly and my family love the facilities
for sure this hotel is one of my favorite when i visit and stay in bangkok.
I stayed here with my family for a week and enjoyed so much ;)
Well hopefully you have a wonderful experience like I do :D

Stayed August 2013
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here from a referral of a friend. Was not disappointed. The room was clean & modern, The gym was well equipped & we had easy access to the shopping center Everything was fantastic. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is simply the best I have ever experienced with the attention to detail just first class. I was not able to find anything that was not to my (and my wife's) satisfaction and would definitely recommend it to anyone. The level of service was above all world class and if I could I would rate it 11 out of 10. To cap it all the hotel were kind enough to make us a small chocolate cake to celebrate our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Just book it!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night because it is rated as 5 stars in Trip Advisor but unfortunately the service was bad and does not met my expectation. First, check in was super slow. It nearly took me an hour to check in but in the end no room provided for me! They talk more than they work. I realized many of the reception staffs are lack of knowledge about the hotel and around the Bangkok. The first impression for me towards this hotel was lack of service, knowledge and you don't feel welcomed at all! When I approached to the counter and wanted to ask a question, the would act busy or avoid the guests if possible. The reason I said so was because I have requested for late check out but when I want to access the lift after 12pm, I unable to pressed the floor. When I walked towards the reception, they don't seem to care until the female manager served us. Their languages was bad. I can see many guests queueing up for at least an hour and some pissed off. The staffs were not trained properly on how to handle the guests during the peak period. Another issue was my late check out when I booked the room package was supposed to be until 3.00pm but I was told that my check out was only until 2.00pm. The check out was slow as well and delayed out time for sightseeing. When I want to leave the luggages, the reception has never been helpful to asked the bellman or concierge to pick up my bag but insisted me to bring it down to the ground floor. Disappointed. I have stayed at others hotel in Bangkok but I never met with those conditions at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthieu R, Hotel Manager at Pathumwan Princess Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Pathumwan Princess Hotel as your home in Bangkok and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding your overall experience. I'm really sorry if your check-in/out was not efficient enough.

Your review helped us to re-enforce our service standards and kindly trust that we will work harder for immediate improvement.

Thank you very much again for providing your time to write a review about Pathumwan Princess Hotel Bangkok.

Kindest regards,

Matthieu Reynaud
Hotel Manager
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our family stayed at the Pathuwan Princess in July. With two teenagers the location was great, since they could run in and out of the MBK and Siam Centers from the hotel lobby. For being a central hotel the pool area was relaxing and the fitness well equipped, which we can highly recommend.
Our only negative, was that our room was at a lower level and there was some outside noise during the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, do to noise being at the lower levels
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel for 10 times, this August 22 was my 11th visit. Location was great with MBK extension door. BTS only walking distance thru MBK on the 2nd floor.

Pillow in the room was pretty flat, do request for extra to have amore comfortable sleep. Front staff very friendly and helpful. Best of all, is a non smoking hotel. I love this.

Wi-Fi was great.

The only negative I have for this hotel was, they should have change their breakfast menu. Trust me, I stayed 10 times over a period of 4 years, is always the same!

Suggestion for the hotel: they should have put in a microwave in the room. Add in one more glass panel in the bathroom so that water will not splash out of the bathtub when showering.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pathumwan Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!