The Pathumwan Princess was the perfect choice for us in Bangkok, the hotel was modern and served our 4 day stay in Bangkok perfectly.
Check in was quick and pleasant with a quirky yet refreshing test tube drink which was needed after the journey from the airport (Bangkok traffic is crazy).
Great modern rooms, perfectly spacious, comfortable and well designed, we had no complaints about the room or bathroom at all, great toiletries and the Glass bathroom wall with a blind for privacy was great. We were on a high floor and the view over the pool and Bangkok pleasant enough. Though the additional bed we were given due to there being 3 adults in the room was a very thin mattress, and considering the standard of the hotel we were left disappointed with this. Wifi signal was a little weak in our room but skype calls were still possible.
Right on top of the 7 level MBK Centre, a massive shopping centre which is a haven of shops, market shops and fantastic restaurants – the food hall on the 6th floor was amazing value and tasted great (the mango juice is to die for) . The hotel is also located within walking distance to the skytrain station (through the MBK centre), so extremely convenient. Central World, Siam Plaza and Pratunam markets are all close by. Some areas are well serviced by public transport, however the Grand Palace and Floating Markets are defiantly not. We hopped onto a TUK TUK – more for the experience than anything, though I would recommend hiring a driver for the day or taxi’s (the doormen will hail one for you but I believe these are cheaper on the road). Chatuchak Weekend Market was also easy to get to via public transport and well worth the visit.
POOL/GYM: Lovely gym/spa areas, one of the best hotel gyms I have encountered (full size gym). Great pool area with a fabulous view with a sunbeds and few tables and chairs around – the free Wifi was also usable out there.
BREAKFAST: Breakfast was very good (everything you could want), you had the choice of the ground floor indoor restaurant or outdoor by the pool, we sampled both, the inside had more choice but both worth trying.
We chose the hotel because of the MBK centre and were very glad we did, the convenience it offered was worthwhile, being open till late we could explore the city and then retire back to our hotel to freshen up, do some shopping and then grab some tasty dinner and do some more shopping all just a short stroll back to our room.
We really enjoyed our stay, and would return and recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious 5-star Pathumwan Princess Hotel, located in the heart of Bangkok, adjacent to MBK shopping center, offers direct access to National Stadium skytrain station, and is only a few steps to the Siam Square shopping district. Facilities include award-winning chic restaurants; including Korean fine-dining, rustic Italian alfresco dining, traditional Thai and international buffet. Contemporary ballroom and function rooms accommodate up to 300 persons and overlook the tropical 25-metre swimming pool. The hotel’s Olympic Club, with 9,000 square metres of fitness and sports space includes tennis and squash courts. Tantara Health Spa is a haven for health and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Pathumwan Princess Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pathumwan Princess Hotel Bangkok
- Pathumwan Princess Bangkok