“Treated like a Princess” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pathumwan Princess Hotel

You added Pathumwan Princess Hotel to your Saves list
Pathumwan Princess Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   444 Phayathai Rd, | Wangmai, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Extra 10% off Suites
Ranked #36 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“Treated like a Princess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am so overwhelmed by #pathuwanprincess hotel's hospitality. I am speechless. So grateful for the care, you and your fine staff have shown me. Thank you so much for the bunch of roses from the hotel. Really was not expecting that. I am so touched. Thank u so much. #bkk2013 #sickduringholiday #pathuwanprincess @siamtourism #qantasholiday

My initial room was a Double Queen, we asked to be moved to Twin, that was not a problem at all. Still on the high floor with fantastic view. The staff were just fantastic, so polite and hospitable. Always greeting you with a smile. This is a great hotel. Impressive buffets. I got sick during my holiday. Caught a cold or flu, was bed ridden for days and everyday, without fail, they deliver honey lemon tea to me without charge. I got given roses as well. My in room dining was discounted coz I was sick. Just so thoughtful with little things and full of class. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. I missed out on doing few tours in Bkk but if ever I get a chance to go back, will definitely stay here again. I was treated like Royalty!

The hotel lobby is connected to MBK which is connected via walkway to Siam Square and Paragon. The location is ideal for shoppers and perfect base for tours. There is a tour desk in the lobby.

My only negative experience in staying here is the annoying Indian guy from PN Fashion in the lobby. He is a pushy little turd and I put him in his place and he stopped annoying me after. There are plenty of other tailors around the malls. I certainly won't be buying from him if I wanted any dressmaking done.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Fab hotel at an amazing location ..
Access to Mbk mall from the hotel itself . Mbk houses 7 floors of amazing shopping , Restaurents & movie theatre ..
The hotel has very nice rooms & the suites are huge with all amenities you can imagine ..
PP gives you a very safe environment which is ideal for shopaholics .. Stayed here a few times .
Last stay was during New Year's Eve
Highly recommended

• Stayed January 2013
Nowra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is all about location...It is attached to a multi story building called the MBK building , where you can get lost in all it has to offer...Our room was clean & spacious , we had interconnecting rooms , one of which was a mini suite (bigger than some self contained units I know..the room numbers were 1109 & the mini suite was 1111....wow!
Friendly staff ...You also have the skytrain nearly at your door step...
The only negative is for people that smoke ...NO smoking rooms at all ....you will enjoy your stay at the Pathumwan Princess.

Room Tip: Room 1111 was huge ,we really enjoyed the space
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lovely hotel, very clean, close to everything, excellent staff and fantastic gym.
The roof top bar is nice too. The buffet breakfast is delicious and changes daily.
Many, many Australians were visiting the hotel, in fact you could hear only Aussie accents at times. It was not the hotel to come to if you are wanting to immerse yourself in Thai culture but it is the hotel to come to if ou want a lovely, comfortable, stylish place to stay near the heart of Bangkoks shopping centre.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is that it is connected to Skytrain, MBK shopping Centre and a short walk to The best shopping in Bangkok. On the 8th floor it also has a fantastic gym, tennis, squash, badminton and large swimming pool. Possibly the best of any hotel in Bangkok. The hotel is very contemporary and the rooms comfortable and modern. Pricing is excellent value and everything functions the way it should! I stay here every time I am in Thailand. I travel constantly on business and this is one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We came to stay at Pathumwan Princess Hotel for 2 nights after having 8 nights in Patong. Checking into the hotel was quick and easy, with great service from the second we walked in the door. We had chose to stay in an ExecutivePlus suite and we were not disappointed. The room was huge, with separate lounge area, bedroom size was great, bathroom was spacious with really large shower and separate deep bath. Walk in wardrobe area was great for keeping the suitcases and clothes organised and out of sight. In room coffee machine was great for a quick caffiene fix. The views from both the bedroom and lounge were great, overlooking the stunning pool area and out onto the city skyline. facilities at this hotel were fantastic, and if we weren't in such a relaxed state from our Patong visit, I am sure that we would have made great use of the fitness facilities, that were by far the best that I have seen at a hotel. We did make use of the pool, which was huge and was great atmosphere at night with the colour changing LED lights in the pool.
We loved the breakfast buffet, with a great array of choices, so many that I missed finding the pastries on our first morning.
The location of this Hotel is very convenient if you love your shopping, and also close enough to get out and discover Bangkok via the skyrail system.
We would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a little bit of luxury in a very handy location

Room Tip: Executive Plus suites are Huge
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I thought this was supposed to be a reputable hotel, but i was wrong

I put my passport in the safe and when I wanted to take it out the day before my departure, it was missing but my family's were intact.

When I told the female manager on duty on 2/5 12mn what happened telling her i needed help, her first reaction was to deny the claims without any investigation. I told her I would need to make a police report in order to arrange for a document of identity with my embassy AND she exclaimed that I could not report that the loss of passport took place in the hotel.

I was frantic yet her one and only stand was to deny any issue with the hotel and asked to search our rooms and belongings.

She brought along her security guard and housecleaning man, started searching the rooms, our purchases, luggages questioning us to find loopholes to suggest that I might have misplaced my passport elsewhere. She claimed she could check the CCTV and even asked for our money exchange receipts to confirm that we were not pulling a false one.

After treating us like criminals and finding nothing, I asked if we could have a ride to the police station to make a police report, on the pretense of goodwill she offered us 700bahts for one way. When we came back after lodging a complaint, she asked for my police report to make a copy and went through my statement.

She then DEMANDED me to change my police report to say that there was no wrongdoing on the hotel's part, to add on to the statement I gave to the police since she claimed that the hotel will investigate but I was not informed of the findings, or was even aware of any investigation.

There was no news of our matter the next morning and no hotel personnel bothered to find out further if we were ok even during our check out.

I was lucky that my sister managed to record the conversation of me with the manager demanding that i change my statement to say that I did not lose my passport in the hotel.
I will make another police report to provide this audio recording and explore my options against the hotel and of course, the lousy female manager. The hotel or that female manager can deny, but we have the voice recoding of her instructing me to change my police statement.

I doubted she would dare to demand the police statement to be changed if she was dealing with a non-Asia foreigner. This incident caused my mom's stress since only four of us ladies were in a foreign land.

I will learn my lesson to not use hotel safes in future, even 4/5 star hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
gmppb, General Manager at Pathumwan Princess Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Samantha S,
We regret that you felt unfairly treated by our associates and that we handled your comments poorly in a rather stressful time for you.
Please trust that all questions asked and actions taken, such as the routine search (upon asking permission and in your presence, stoppable at any time) are solely undertaken in order to assist you finding the lost item. For the vast majority of claims these questions lead the guest to recall and find the item. You are certainly free to report to the police any facts that you believe have taken place and it is not at all our business. Please accept our apologies for going too far in protecting the hotel. This issue will certainly be addressed. We further would like to stress the fact that all our international guests are absolutely treated alike and fairly and that we have no reason to deny any actions of our associates.
In order to reassure other readers about the safety and reputation of the hotel I may however add that all our CCTV records and room key records do not show any unauthorized access to your room and that as you witnessed the safe was 100% intact with 3 out of 4 passports, money and a camera left untouched in the safe. You may understand our point that these facts make a disappearance out of the safe rather unlikely.
We remain at you entire disposal should you wish to discuss this issue further and have send you a personal message to contact us.
Yours sincerely
Christoph J Knichel

Been to Pathumwan Princess Hotel? Share your experiences!