“1 night okay” 3 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 1,581 Reviews
Johannesburg
“1 night okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is my 4th stay in 2yrs. But my first on personal trip was for 1night New Year's Eve. Got good deal. Room as low floor. Seems bit dated.

Spoilers: TV was tiny. Shower flooded all the time and was irritating. Wifi was a disaster. Never worked properly from our arrival at 3pm so excuses about New Year's Eve overload was not welcomed. No universal plug point. No small table for enjoying room service. Chairs were there. Complained to management. Expected an apology at check out. But nothing.

Compliments: nice bed. Reasonable breakfast for 5 star but never can compete with Shangrila. Room service cakes and teas were elegantly presented and a wonderful pleasure. Too bad no table available to enjoy this one great experience. Cocktails at outside lovely waterfall koi pond was nice.

Overall, the terrible wifi and flooding shower, with no apologies from hotel at that right time, makes this an average visit for a 5 star hotel.

Tip: be careful of the deal price rooms you might get a bad one. But if you staying longer, pressure the hotel to meet its 5 star reputation as they have to deliver.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
James W, General Manager at Dusit Thani Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear pt2pt3,

Thank you very much for your constructive comments during your recent stay with us. On behalf of my team, I would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you have experienced. Your comments and observations have been shared with my management team to ensure we rectify and correct these and that we act upon the issues raised in your review. I readily welcome such feedback as this allows us to focus our efforts on those areas and ensure that our guests and visitors do not encounter such issues in the future and I thank you once again for taking the time to detail this.

Despite not having met all your expectations during your last visit, we hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok and allow us to provide you with the level of service and attention that we failed to do so on this occasion and experience the true Dusit Hospitality.

Dusit Thani Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I visited Bangkok with my daughter during 18-20 Feb, 14. Dusit Thani Bangkok used to be famous in Hong Kong, it is the first hotel came up to my mind when I planned my trip. We booked two Superior Rooms and got upgraded to Deluxe Room, what a surprise.The room is clean & tidy, which is good enought for a short stay. We didn't have breakfast in the cafe, yet, the pastry my daugther bought from the gourmet was very nice. We have to pay 4 times higher to get same quality stuff in Hong Kong. There was rally site in front of the hotel, yet, we barely heard any noise in the room at night. We were on free & easy tour, the BTS & MRT are at hotel doorstep, we have saved a lot of travel time. Overall, it's a plesant stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chu Ling F,

On behalf of my team, I would like to express my appreciation for taking the time to write and share your experience with us during your recent stay at Dusit Thani Bangkok. Thank you very much for the positive review and for the compliments on our service and facilities as well as our location. We are very glad to know you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay despite the rally outside the hotel during your visit.

It was a pleasure having you and your daughter as our guests. We look forward to your continuous support and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

one of best joints in the city that is acclaimed the best by people who visit &stay.clean atmosphere &as well the best in hospitality for which courtisy bangkok is known. nice location well kept place to stay with out any botheration.safe aswell with good secured atmosphere

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear vsraghavan,

My team and I would like to express our appreciation for the positive review and we are all delighted you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you very much for the compliments on our staff, services and facilities.

We look forward to your continuous support and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here for 3 night for my husbands 50th birthday. First time in Bangkok and we arrived when the anti government protests were on which were stationed right outside the hotel. Having said that the staff were great and we felt at ease with their advice. Hotel is lovely and our room was upgraded free of charge because it was my husbands birthday. Nice touch, the staff made him a cake and signed a card for him on his special day. The Dusit is in a very good position, Sky train right outside so travelling around Bangkok very easy. The food at breakfast time was varied and very good. Unfortunately most to the restaurants were closed because of the capacity of the hotel due to the protests but that didn't bother us because we were out and about. Then on our last night we had a very nice meal in the Pavillion which was reasonably priced, then we sat in the garden for drinks after. I can highly recommend this hotel, staff here have excellent customer service skills and made our stay very special. If we visit Bangkok again we will definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
James W, General Manager at Dusit Thani Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Joanne G,

On behalf of team, I would like to express our appreciation for the positive review and we are all delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us despite the ongoing protest outside the hotel. It is indeed a great pleasure to receive your compliments on our services, facilities and excellent location.

We look forward to your continuous support and to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Dusit Thani Bangkok. If we can be of any assistance on your next visit, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I first stayed at the Dusit Thani in Bangkok around 20 years ago. I loved it then for its authenticity, variety of dining, location and of course traditional hospitality. Fast forward to this February and sadly the old lady of Silom is beginning to show signs of tiredness. Still a great location and still traditional. That's where the charm I recalled ended.

The guest rooms in the original block are dark and very dated. They are no longer authentic or comfortable. On my recent visit only one dining option was available, the front of house staff appeared very inexperienced and payed no attention to detail. A long long long check in process and the same at check out. The best part of this visit was the limousine transfer from and to the airport - still as stylish and sophisticated as ever.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Carl G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inadequate service and inconvenience you have experience during your recent stay with us. Rest assured this is not the quality standards which Dusit Thani represents.

Your comments and observations have been shared with my management team to ensure we correct these and that we act upon the comments you have made in your review. I welcome such feedback as this allows us to focus our efforts on those areas and I thank you once again for taking the time to detail this.

I do hope that I may have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Dusit Thani Bangkok in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the start of our Thailand tour. Whilst there were protestors outside of the hotel and the opposition leader was staying in the hotel, there was no sign of unrest whilst we were there. In contrast, the service provided by hotel staff was exemplary. I've read critical posts regarding the standard of accommodation in the older section, however we felt we received good value for money and stayed on 5th flor in a deluxe double. No complaints, extremely satisfied and impressed with the opposition leader as well. Thank you all.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris K,

Thank you very much for the compliments on our services, facilities and for recognizing the exemplary service provided by our staff. We are delighted to learn that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us despite the ongoing protest outside the hotel.

Dusit Thani Bangkok would like to assure every guests of our commitment to their personal safety and security. Indeed, it is our top priority hence we made sure all aspects which contribute to creating a secure and safe environment for our guests is in place.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to your continuous support and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have stayed at the Dusit Thani Bangkok for both business and holiday on and off since 1989 and though much has changed it remains the best place to stay in Bangkok. I booked my stay several months before the protests started and despite being a little apprehensive there was nothing to worry about and I felt a bit silly for being worried when I arrived. The hotel was as fantastic as ever, the protests were no issue. You can easily access the hotel and get a taxi, hotel car or sky train to the airport or town. The protests sounded like a concert in Lumpini park but were not intrusive at all and it was quite alright to read by the pool and have a swim.

I had not made a return reservation but have now done so for my return trip via Bangkok because the protests did not impact on the experience.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The rooms, pool and restaurants are fantastic and give a great impression of Thai hospitality. I'd recommend staying if you have the chance.

Room Tip: The Sukhothai room is fantastic